Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Ballack Steps It Up

Michael Ballack continued on his road to fitness today with a fine performance in a Chelsea reserve side that overcame a Southend United side at Cobham. The game, played on a cold morning at our training ground, finished up 4-2 to a Blues side that also featured Hilario in goal, as well as Michael Woods, who made his first appearance since recovering from a hamstring injury. Ballack's performance gave plenty of reasons to smile as he aims for a first team return, his range of passing having not suffered in the seven months since his last Chelsea outing.0,,10268~3486971,00.jpg It was youngster Frank Nouble whose performance was the most eye-catching though, as he set up two goals, for James Simmonds and Miroslav Stoch and scored another, while Stoch laid on the fourth for Morten Nielsen in added time. Ballack was withdrawn with around ten minutes to go, which follows up the 45 minutes he played for the reserves against Birmingham last week. In goal, Hilario made several key saves and was a commanding and reassuring influence on his young defence. Both will return to training with the first team tomorrow as Avram Grant prepares his side for the challenge of Sunderland at the weekend.Source: Chelsea FC

Yep, it' excellant news that he almost made 90 minutes. It's all about fitness at this stage and hopefully 1 more reserve game should see him ready for action as we hit a tough run of games, with any luck he will be ready for the Arsenal game.Good to see Nouble making an impression, he is an absolute beast but struggled slightly against Birmingham. And also good to see Woods back too, has not been around for a while....

The only thing i can say about Miroslav Stoch is that if our club cannot bring him through to our first team then they might as well shut the doors up to the academy now........
I've seen him in one Chelsea game - and we should 100% be bringing him into the first team any time now soon. If not, can see the Arse or someone getting him for a few million and becoming a world star.

I've seen him in one Chelsea game - and we should 100% be bringing him into the first team any time now soon. If not, can see the Arse or someone getting him for a few million and becoming a world star.
There is no doubt he is top class, as far as young talents go he could be right up there with the likes of Messi and Rooney. Like i said, if we can't bring him through then there is no hope for any players in our academy.... he is still young though, not long turned 17 i think..

i haven't sen one youth, reserve game, not even the goals on you tube for the past few months.. and yet the word stoch never leaves my mind or mouth... just reading about him, excites me so much... must be one helluva player to watch...i have a feeeling ballack will start against arsenal... :P
Lol, if you are that excited from just reading about him it is probably best you don't watch him, the excitement could be too much to bear :P It's like watching a young Messi or Zola flying down the wings teasing the life out of defenders.

young zola is what crossed my mind tooo :P
Well thats exactly what he is like, small frame and gifted on the ball. He has really come into his own this season after a fairly tough season in the reserves last year as a 16 year old. He is yet to have a bad game for the reserves...

don't jinx it :P do you think he'll make the squad next season?
It's hard to know, we have no idea yet how the club are going to go about bringing through the young players. He may get a loan move first, he may not. But like i have said, if we can't bring him through then we won't bring anyone through.

and what about tejera, he seemed to be doing fine a while back... hows he doing now, would you compare the two? if so how do hey fare?sory for bothering you with so many questions, it's just i'd like to see someone make it big as a forward/attacker coming out of the academy.. i really had my hopes up with forsell and carlton cole :P

and what about tejera, he seemed to be doing fine a while back... hows he doing now, would you compare the two? if so how do hey fare?sory for bothering you with so many questions, it's just i'd like to see someone make it big as a forward/attacker coming out of the academy.. i really had my hopes up with forsell and carlton cole :P
Lol, i know what you mean, both had fantastic promise and i was convinced they would both make it for us, even when they both came back off loan spells recently :P Tejera is still very young, he has only played a handfull of games for the reserves so far. I would expect him to make his impact next season after a time of getting used to the higher level. He has a lot of potential though, he has been played in the attacking midfield role and is a gifted player who at times has struggled with the physical nature of reserves football. He has a lethal free kick on him and will no doubt do well in time.Players this season who have made an impact at reserves apart from Stoch are Gael Kakuta and Liam Bridcutt