Malouda Admits Culture Shock

EskWeston

Chelsea winger Florent Malouda has revealed his culture shock since moving to Stamford Bridge. Malouda, who joined Chelsea from Lyon in a £13million move this summer, has been out of action for a month with a knee injury and the 27-year-old has also slammed the Blues' training regime. The Frenchman has described Chelsea's full-blooded training sessions as 'terrifying' and he admits he is surprised by the style of the English game. "Training sessions here are terrifying," said Malouda. "They are just like matches, and you go flat out. FlorentMaloudalook_550918.jpg"During the actual games it is as though everybody's brains are switched off. "People play by instinct, spontaneously, in the way they did when they first discovered football." Malouda has also slammed the eating habits at Chelsea and he believes he would not be in the physical shape that he is had he moved to Stamford Bridge earlier in his career. "The people at Chelsea don't control what the players eat. You can help yourself to whatever you like, drink Coke or anything," Malouda added. "It is a good job I have come over here at the age of 27 and so haven't been following the same diet as the rest of the club's players."Source: Sky Sports

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally in the Daily Mail. Now they've stopped picking on Drogba, it's more than likely a translation to suit current displeasure at the player, and sensationalist approach required of a tabloid.
Well you could see him making the comments. The English game is alwasys called over aggressive, and it isn't exactly a secret that our training sessions are usually full blooded affairs. Also the diet thing was something brought in by Jose i believe as previously they had very strict diets and Jose wanted to give the responsibility to the players as they are grown men - Malouda possibly has little self control unsure.png As always there are numerous negative stories about us, we have been for years now a source for selling papers, anything negative, even slightly is written about and believed as fact when chances are it is nothing of the sort.

Its probably 100% bollocks just as the things that Drogba were supposed to have said. I dont know if their are many English 'stars' playing in France, but a French tabloid would have a field day with Joey Barton or John Terry trying to speak French.

Following reports in this morning's newspapers, Florent Malouda has moved to dismiss suggestions he is unhappy at Stamford Bridge.Speaking exclusively to Chelsea TV, Malouda emphasised how inaccurate the reports had been.'I just want the fans to know that what I saw in the paper this morning is exactly the contrary to what I said to the French paper and the French people,' Malouda said.He explained: 'One thing I tried to speak about is that I achieved a good adaptation in my new club, and I was speaking about London life. My family and kids are very happy here, and when I saw that this morning I was very disappointed. 'I have nothing more to add or to say about this, this is not true, and I just want the Chelsea fans to know that I really enjoy my new life.'The 27-year-old, who is currently nursing a knee injury, believes it is important for quotes to be translated accurately if they are to be used.'The way they did it was not fair. I don't know why they tried to make me appear like somebody who is not happy here. I repeat I chose to come here, and everybody here is happy with what I've done,' he said, adding: 'Now I'm injured, and it's hard when you're injured because you have to train hard to become fit.'To further reiterate the inaccuracy of the stories that appeared in some of the press, French journalist Philippe Auclair, who is France Football's England correspondent, explained just what Malouda had said to his newspaper last month.He said: 'With the so-called brainless football, this is what Florent had to say: "The spectacle of the show is most important in English football. If you're 1-0 up you don't manage the result, you carry on attacking. If somebody wants the ball, you give the ball to him. On the field sometimes you have the feeling everybody's brain is disconnected."''What he means by that, is you find instinct, spontaneity, what you find when you start, and he absolutely loves it. Nothing could be more from Florent's mind than the idea that football is brainless, and the same goes for many of the misquotes published in the English press today.'SOURCE: Chelsea fc official website.

The tabloids will always try and destabilise Chelsea. You dont see many stories about Man United players saying Scholes is a ginger twat , and puts the players off, or Ronaldo cant find enough women to rape, or Fabregas doesn't like North London because all the GreekCypriot kebab houses are shit ?

The Frenchman was widely quoted on describing English football as “brainless”, leading newspapers to suggest Malouda was angling for a move back to the continent. However, Malouda has released a statement on the club's website emphasising the reports are grossly inaccurate. “I just want the fans to know that what I saw in the paper this morning is exactly the contrary to what I said to the French paper and the French people,” Malouda said. He explained: “One thing I tried to speak about is that I achieved a good adaptation in my new club, and I was speaking about London life. My family and kids are very happy here, and when I saw that this morning I was very disappointed. “I have nothing more to add or to say about this, this is not true, and I just want the Chelsea fans to know that I really enjoy my new life.”The 27-year-old, who is currently nursing a knee injury, believes it is important for quotes to be translated accurately if they are to be used. “The way they did it was not fair. I don't know why they tried to make me appear like somebody who is not happy here. I repeat I chose to come here, and everybody here is happy with what I've done,” he said, adding: "Now I'm injured, and it's hard when you're injured because you have to train hard to become fit.” French journalist Philippe Auclair, who is France Football's England correspondent, supported Malouda’s statement by insisting the player was mis-quoted over the “brainless” quote. “What he means by that, is you find instinct, spontaneity, what you find when you start, and he absolutely loves it. “Nothing could be more from Florent's mind than the idea that football is brainless, and the same goes for many of the misquotes published in the English press today.”
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=502963