Chelsea 1-4 Celtic

29 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

True but this is also the old round peg in a square hole theory. 

Just because someone played midfield for Wigan in the championship doesn't mean they'll be anywhere as effective at PL level against good midfielders. 

Also true, but Reece deserves more than 2 games to learn it 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Considering none of our starting midfield is there for pre-season and our best attacking weapon is on holidays, it's not all bad. 

The concern is that we had a chance to solve the defensive issues and fill the T.Silva role with a proper leader at the back but we chose to cheap out and go for Tosin/Veiga (who are nothing more than squad depth). 

Exactly it's a hole to fill. We miss that someone to organise defense rather then all looking a bit clueless

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The one thing I have taken from these preseason games is Fofana in both games shows absolutely no positional discipline nor positional awareness. You could hear Sanchez screaming WES WES, because he was ball chasing and leaving a massive hole in front of the keeper. If he doesn’t get his shit together… what a waste of millions. 

Was never worth the fee when we signed him. Had 1 full season where he looked a potentially good player but in a team playing a totally different system and style of football. 

But as usual, folk thought we’d got some sort of bargain/deal of the century. Different playing for a team that played a counter attacking system with a mid/low block (ironically was same for Maguire at Leicester also prior to move to United).

People should realise now if the media throw “Chelsea interested in ‘player X’, aged 18-22, for a reported fee of between £50-100m deal” together most folk instantly think we have got a good deal. Has happened basically every time under this new ownership group. Fofana, Mudryk, Fernandez, Caicedo, Lavia…. not seen anything consistently good from any of them yet. But they were must signs and they would be worth their fees….

Edited by OneMoSalah

Its what you do with the ball that counts, to state the bleeding obvious.

We had 23 shots to their 14 and 2/3rds possession. How many times did we see this last season and the season before, where teams just bide their time to score on the break because of our impotence in front of goal

better to lose in the preaseason and figure out the mistakes than win and mask them going in to the season.

although it was a rough defensive performance

Edited by whats happening

17 hours ago, Wfisheruk said:

Grow up! All you do is moan! You’re probably in his early 20s and don’t even tho the meaning of being bad! Go and support someone else and bore them,or even better go out and play with your friends before the summer holidays finish and school is back..😂

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952hwd4f48wid3st74v7sl

18 hours ago, King Tunechi said:

Bayern won 14 - 1

ninth-division side, FC Rottach-Egern 

I am sure some of the lads here on the TC board have been on better pub sides

We were playing the best team (overall for decades, sorry to say as I am a Rangers fangirl) team in Scotland, one who had just beaten Citeh (with Håland), also scoring 4 goals, and before that they scored another 4 goals again in another win

Edited by Vesper

12 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

he is right

and I fully back Maresca

even if we miss CL this season

we simply HAVE to stop chopping and changing managers at the INSANE arte we are

we need to let the youngsters grow into great players (the ones that can)

hopefully this young Danish keeper is the real deal

and we desperately need better CBs

as for CF, I do not know what to say anymore

fuck it, we will deal with what we end up with (as long as we do not splash 80 million on Samu, that would be insane even for Clownlake), and I rate Nico, a lot (I know that may shock some here)

pissed about not buying Mamardashvili, but fuck it, maybe Filip Jørgensen ends up being Peter Schmeichel-lite, which is good enough for me

but ffs

WE NEED BETTER CBs!!!!!!

I have been banging on this ever since Rudiger left (as we all knew that Silva would soon be gone due to his age) and then even more when we flushed 75m quid down the shitter with Fofana alone

do not get me started on the 2 Monaco lumps (at least Fofana has an excuse, he is perma-fucked)

the only player who I lost my shit over (and mainly because of the insane price we paid) when we bought him BUT HAS NOW come good is CuCu

the rest of the ones I warned of and went bonkers over have been SHIT

I am still shocked that Yoro went to manure instead of just waiting 10 months and going to Real ona free, BUT, even though I targeted him for a long time, before anyone else here, I knew as he truly exploded last season that we had no chance, especially after missing CL, so not all THAT upset (it does hurt to see him with the Manc scum though, not gonna lie)

Not having CL also REALLY fucked US (no Real Madrid involved, shockingly, it just had to be ARSE, GRRRR) with Calafiori, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

of course over year ago, he was not even on our radar all that much, so there is that as well

but that all said............................

FFS

we absolutely should have bought (or now buy) 2 (actually three, as Fofana, Disasi, and Badi all were and are dross that I said NO NO NO to) off this list (which includes players from 1 and 2 summers ago as well as now)

Josko Gvardiol 
Ronald Araujo (now out till December)
Alessandro Bastoni 
Bremer 
Micky van de Ven 
Marquinhos
António Silva
Giorgio Scalvini  (now out until early 2025)
Gonçalo Inácio   
Piero Hincapié 
Nico Schlotterbeck 
Robin Le Normand
Mohamed Simakan
Willian Pacho 
Jean-Clair Todibo    
Dávid Hancko 
Alessandro Buongiorno 
Jorrel Hato 
Cristhian Mosquera 
Milan Skriniar 
Malick Thiaw  
Evan Ndicka 

Regardless of pre season or not that was a laughable performance and quite frankly embarrassing

Not just mistakes but glaring ones that you would expect to see at grass roots level

Strap yourself in, this will be one horrendous season