Cech hits back at Scolari

NOTW

PETR CECH HITS BACK

Don't blame Chelsea players for your failure, Scolari

PETR CECH hit back at sacked Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari and insisted: I didn’t stab you in the back.

Scolari named the Blues keeper as one of the men behind his shock Stamford Bridge axing last month. Team-mates Didier Drogba and Michael Ballack were also blamed.

But Cech, speaking about the row for the first time, declared: “We stayed with him and tried to help him. We helped both with our attitude and our performances on the pitch. But in the end he came out with such comments.”

Chelsea struggled for consistency under the former Brazil and Portugal coach and he was exposed tactically in his matches against other top four sides before being replaced by new boss Guus Hiddink.

And Cech added: “I will say only one thing. Every time something similar to this happens there are always a lot of rumours and speculations.

“I was rather surprised that this came out from the coach, because mostly, managers stay together with their team. However, I do not worry about it now. I just try to focus on my current performances to finish the season as well as we can.”

Cameo

Drogba now looks reborn compared to the player who has spent most of the season either on the treatment table or low on confidence when playing.

The Ivorian was also said to have been a major factor in Scolari’s exit. The pair had arguments which prompted the Brazilian to drop him for three games in January.

Cech has also criticised the former boss’ decision to restrict him to cameo appearances from the bench.

Cech said: “Didier was unlucky with injuries at the beginning of the season. It took more time to get back to his full physical condition. Also, he was only coming on for the last 20 minutes.

"It was even worse for him than for me. But he has played full games in our last few matches and we all saw his contribution to the team.”

Cech believes Chelsea are a team transformed under Hiddink and is confident that the Blues can overhaul Liverpool in the race for second place.

The Dutch coach has won all his games since taking over and Cech added: “You can see the work we have done since the change of managers. Our team performance and organisation is back and I still believe we will finish higher than Liverpool.”

Scolari = good riddance imo.

It was crystal clear he wasnt right for the job. I'm just glad we got rid of him when we did so we can at least salvage something from this season.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Scolari changed Cech's regime and banned Christophe Lollichon from training with him, instead making him train with his own choice of goalkeeping coach. Apparently he even banned Lollichon from coming in the dressing room against Hull at the Bridge! He was just a trouble maker and he was the catalyst of a number of feuds tbh.