22. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

I think he might be an upgrade on Gallagher. If we get some good money for Gallagher we should sell. 

Specially because he's been bitching about his contract/signing a new deal.

Suspect this signing works as a message as well.

Posted (edited)

Not expecting a lot. £30m not the worst price in the world these days though for a HG player but don’t see him as an upgrade.

Lets see how he does but I can’t see him radically transforming our team. Which is what any midfield signing should of been.

Also assuming he starts, I am guessing that means we will see Enzo as a 6 (similarly to how Winks played for Leicester) with Caicedo and KDH on the right and left hand sides of a 3.

If thats the case, Fernandez needs to improve his positional play off the ball A LOT. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

46 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not expecting a lot. £30m not the worst price in the world these days though for a HG player but don’t see him as an upgrade.

Lets see how he does but I can’t see him radically transforming our team. Which is what any midfield signing should of been.

Also assuming he starts, I am guessing that means we will see Enzo as a 6 (similarly to how Winks played for Leicester) with Caicedo and KDH on the right and left hand sides of a 3.

If thats the case, Fernandez needs to improve his positional play off the ball A LOT. 

I'm kind of in the camp where it seems a reasonable deal price wise, but unsure just how good he might be. It comes down to him being able to translate last season's form into the Prem. He certainly seems like he has the right mindset and mentality to do everything he can to achieve that.

The one thing I would say about him is his profile is different to the other central midfielders we have in the squad (deceptively nimble and quick dribbler, willing runner beyond the striker, goal threat), so I wouldn't look at whether it's an upgrade, but instead I think it offers a different type of player in the squad which in theory should be a positive.

6 minutes ago, Superblue said:

I'm kind of in the camp where it seems a reasonable deal price wise, but unsure just how good he might be. It comes down to him being able to translate last season's form into the Prem. He certainly seems like he has the right mindset and mentality to do everything he can to achieve that.

The one thing I would say about him is his profile is different to the other central midfielders we have in the squad (deceptively nimble and quick dribbler, willing runner beyond the striker, goal threat), so I wouldn't look at whether it's an upgrade, but instead I think it offers a different type of player in the squad which in theory should be a positive.

I think if he had a track record of doing what he did last season in the PL folk would be less skeptical.

The championship isn’t a great standard to use when talking about players who are in that 24-27 years old bracket, particularly at a team like Leicester where it was still a PL level squad when you look at their team and bench. This is another reason why I don’t think the Maresca appointment is quite as solid as believed either. But have to see how it goes.

Ok maybe KDH would of went to Brighton and done well there but I also don’t necessarily think that either. Lets see though, maybe his profile is a little different but there are bound to be lots of players in that mould of a much much better quality all around Europe. For sure.

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think if he had a track record of doing what he did last season in the PL folk would be less skeptical.

The championship isn’t a great standard to use when talking about players who are in that 24-27 years old bracket, particularly at a team like Leicester where it was still a PL level squad when you look at their team and bench. This is another reason why I don’t think the Maresca appointment is quite as solid as believed either. But have to see how it goes.

Ok maybe KDH would of went to Brighton and done well there but I also don’t necessarily think that either. Lets see though, maybe his profile is a little different but there are bound to be lots of players in that mould of a much much better quality all around Europe. For sure.

I'd agree but it wouldn't be the first time somebody has really kicked on in their mid 20's. Hopefully there's a couple more gears to come, because that is ultimately what we'll need here.

I think his success last season being under the new manager gives me more confidence in him replicating that form, regardless of it being in the Championship, but we'll see.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I feel like he's a system player. Would we have made a move for him had Poch remained?

I guess whether this deal is viewed as a success or a failure will come down to Maresca's time at the club.

On 02/07/2024 at 08:22, Fulham Broadway said:

Enzo will get the best out of him if anyone can 

I think he'll help get the best out of Enzo & Caicedo too. If he can be the solid, dependable, even if unspecatcular, CM, like Henderson was for Liverpool.

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I think he'll help get the best out of Enzo & Caicedo too. If he can be the solid, dependable, even if unspecatcular, CM, like Henderson was for Liverpool.

I am just glad they touched the midfield since the rumours were mainly about a CB and ST. He could complement Enzo and Caicedo in the middle and is an upgrade on Connor. No complaints. 

Posted (edited)

KDH (wasn't signed for the bench), Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, and Conor... that's for 3, or perhaps 2 positions depending on well, variables.

Just don't see the minutes here barring bad injuries.

Edited by robsblubot
comma

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

KDH (wasn't signed for the bench), Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, and Conor... that's for 3, or perhaps 2 positions depending on well, variables.

Just don't see the minutes here barring bad injuries.

I assume Conor has to be off, but who knows. I could imagine in big games we might go very solid and put KDH, Caicedo, Lavia and Enzo all on the field at the same time by moving Caicedo to RB (as De Zerbi sometimes did with him) and having him come into midfield from there with either Colwill or Renato playing LB / tucking into CB.

But I would expect against mid/lower teams it will be a problem because we will want to get a lot more forward players/goal scorers on the field and have Palmer play either as a 10 or a right sided 8 but either way it leaves just 2 spots for Caicedo, Lavia, Enzo, KDH, possibly Conor, and a crop of promising youngsters like Carney. Fully fit the team will be very hard to manage and keep happy.

I can't get excited because our record with players from clubs like Leicester and Monaco is horrible. 

Bakayoko, Disasi, Badiashile. 

Drinkwater, Chilwell, Fofana. 

H2O was PL winner also and this guy is Championship.