38. Marc Guiu

Good bargain fee and hopefully he's worth way more in a year. But its a bad idea if we don't sign another attacker. 

I think it will be clear in the first couple of weeks of pre-season that he needs gametime at pro level before coming back to a first-team squad role at Chelsea.

Keep in mind we have 8 games in Conference League plus early stages of League Cup. That's 10 games just first part of the season for second team. Should be similar in second part of the season with Fa Cup and knockout stage of Conference. Around 20 games for these guys. PL starting 11 should not participate in this. 

But right now we have around 50 players we need to sort. Who is first team, who is second, who is going on loan, who is gonna be sold. Busy summer. 

Another signing that is the complete opposite of what we need. These co-sporting clowns love a young player.

May turn good, may not. Definitely not a number 1 CF though. Probably Jacksons understudy. And he is somebody who should be an understudy.

On 28/06/2024 at 14:26, OneMoSalah said:

Another signing that is the complete opposite of what we need. These co-sporting clowns love a young player.

May turn good, may not. Definitely not a number 1 CF though. Probably Jacksons understudy. And he is somebody who should be an understudy.

I.think this is a brilliant signing ...he is really ambitious and Barcelona are gutted to loose him.

We don't need anymore strikers now..🙂 

2 hours ago, guddy69 said:

I.think this is a brilliant signing ...he is really ambitious and Barcelona are gutted to loose him.

We don't need anymore strikers now..🙂 

Don’t bother he’s been miserable since the window opened

However promising he may be, the club has to think about competing in the PL. I don't yet see any movement that *guarantees* a better outcome next season. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Another interesting thing about the deal is that it's a 5y contract; which means it will end when he's 23-24yo.

Chelsea hold talks with Newcastle owners over Anthony Gordon

https://www.footballfancast.com/Chelsea-transfer-news-newcastle-united-alexander-isak-anthony-gordon/

anthony-gordon-newcastle-england.jpg?q=4

They've been heavily linked with Isak recently as well, but his rumoured price tag of around £150 million may be too much for Boehly and co as they seek to abide by PSR regulations.

That isn't to say they couldn't raid Newcastle for another star, though, as England winger Anthony Gordon turns heads at Cobham. The 23-year-old was handed a place in the Three Lions squad for Euro 2024 by Gareth Southgate, coming after an electric campaign on Tyneside where he racked up 12 goals and 11 assists in all competitions.

Journalist Simon Phillips, writing on his Substack, claims Chelsea have recently held talks with Newcastle owners over signing Gordon. Some reports claim they value him at no less than £50 million, but this may be optimistic from Chelsea's point of view.

It remains to be seen whether Eddie Howe's side are open to selling at all following the PSR deadline on June 30, but interestingly, pundits like Frank McAvennie have said Gordon, on £60,000-a-week, "could become a star like Isak".

I don’t see the Anthony Gordon move as a particularly good one for us or Liverpool. Actually very surprised.

Don’t get me wrong he isn’t a bad player per say, done well last season for Newcastle but he is just not the calibre I’d expect either us or Liverpool to want. Particularly the level he is as a technical player.

But I suppose we did sign Mudryk who may as well be Stevie Wonder trying to navigate around an ice rink by himself, so who knows?

TBF, like I've said before, I'm not against such bets. This is the position where you have to get creative otherwise you will just watch the likes of City and Madrid get the players you want.

I just disagree we can go into the PL with him and Jackson, and potentially Nkunku (hopefully injury free for a season) who needs to cover the left wing as well with the rumored departure of Carney.
We need another attacker and not another kid. I mean that is if we don't want to watch grass grow again.

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don’t see the Anthony Gordon move as a particularly good one for us or Liverpool. Actually very surprised.

Don’t get me wrong he isn’t a bad player per say, done well last season for Newcastle but he is just not the calibre I’d expect either us or Liverpool to want. Particularly the level he is as a technical player.

But I suppose we did sign Mudryk who may as well be Stevie Wonder trying to navigate around an ice rink by himself, so who knows?

Gordon would be a great signing if the price is fair