I agree with Scott Minto

the wes

Former Chelsea defender Scott Minto believes Gianfranco Zola is not ready to become the club's next manager.

Brazilian coach Luiz Felipe Scolari was sacked by Chelsea on Monday and the fans have already pushed Zola and former boss Jose Mourinho to the top of their 'most wanted' list.

But Minto insists the time is not right for Zola who has only been in the West Ham hot seat for six months and reckons Russia boss Gus Hiddink is hot favourite.

"I don't think Gianfranco is quite ready for it. He has got a job so maybe at sometime in the future," Minto said.

"I personally really like Gus Hiddink. You just wonder whether Roman Abramovich would want to take him from the Russia job."

Steve Clarke, who left Chelsea to be Zola's assistant at Upton Park, would relish the chance to become number one at Stamford Bridge but Minto feels that would be a tough baptism for the Scot.

"That would be a big move," said Minto. "I think Clarkey is a fantastic number two and I think you can see what him and Franco are doing at West Ham.

"Clarkey is playing a massive part in that but to ask him to be number one at Chelsea in his first job as a number one, I can't see it happening.

"He wants to be a number one and what better job would there be for him to be a Chelsea manager. I just think that is a little bit too early in the same way it is for Zola.

"The club want to get someone in asap and there has been talk of Avram Grant.

"It will be interesting to see if Chelsea want to get someone from now until the end of the season and then review it or throw the cash, even if someone is in a job, to get the right person. For me, if that was the case, it would be Hiddink."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zola i agree isn't ready yet, i think a lot of people like the romantic idea of an ex-player, especially one as loved as Zola to come back and take us to a new level. Saying that i don't necissarily believe that our new boss has to be a big name, look at what has happened at Barca.......

Zola i agree isn't ready yet, i think a lot of people like the romantic idea of an ex-player, especially one as loved as Zola to come back and take us to a new level. Saying that i don't necissarily believe that our new boss has to be a big name, look at what has happened at Barca.......

Look at the Barca squad, compare the ages of both teams and then we can decide.

Drogba(31 this yr), Ballack(33 this yr), Deco(31 this yr), Malouda(29-30 this yr), Anelka(30 this yr) Lampard (31 this yr..but he is an exception),

Also, Drogba, Deco, Ballack have won everything, there isnt any Hunger left. Get some young legs for fuck sake.

2 young strikers one of which should be a target man, 1 winger, 1 attacking midfieler and keep hold of Quaresma. We need 4 new young players who havent won anything.