Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

1 hour ago, Strike said:

They have a game on Wednesday + will be prioritising the league. 

but I’m not counting anything yet. Their TAA replacement from the academy had a blinder against us few weeks ago + they do have a good defence this year. VVD Konate and Robertson are fit. 

I'm sure they'll still want to win something to send Klopp of in style. This is probably there best chance in doing so.

34 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'm expecting both Nunez and Salah to be fit in time after Klopps presser. 

I believe he wasn't asked about either of them, so tomorrow's selection will be telling.

25 minutes ago, Strike said:

So much talk of Liverpool injuries but we are similarly depleted. 

Liverpool main RB is out. Chelsea have had James out for months.

Liverpool have had Tsimikas out. Cucurella is similarly out for a while. Allison is injured. So is Sanchez.

Liverpool are missing three mids Szoboszlai Thiago Jota. Chelsea are missing three mids Lavia, Carney and Ugo.

Liverpool missing Matip. Chelsea are missing Fofana and Badiashile with Silva not fully fit either. 

Plus Nkunku was out for months. 

With the way Petrovic, Gusto and Disasi are playing I think Lavia is our only missing player that is anywhere close to starting 11. So injuries cannot be excuse anymore like they rightfully were last season and a half.

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Salah is supposedly out until early March. If so, more and more things seem to be going in our favour.

New injury then? He just played (and scored) after recovering from hammy.

Much better chances if he does not play.

It's a re-injury it seems.

Edited by robsblubot

3 hours ago, robsblubot said:

New injury then? He just played (and scored) after recovering from hammy.

Much better chances if he does not play.

It's a re-injury it seems.

I see you answered your own question. We should get a clearer picture tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I see you answered your own question. We should get a clearer picture tomorrow.

Yeahhhh not much been said on Salah so reckon all is good otherwise they'd been a bigger deal made. He can have a week or so rest it's fine 🤣

17 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yeahhhh not much been said on Salah so reckon all is good otherwise they'd been a bigger deal made. He can have a week or so rest it's fine 🤣

As I mentioned on the last page, it's odd that no questions were asked about him or Nunez. I'm sure one, if not both, will somehow make Sunday's squad.

Jurgen Klopp is asked whether there is any update on the fitness of Mo Salah and Darwin Nunez ahead of the Carabao Cup final.

"No, we don't know," he adds.

"As long as we have 11 players we will go for it."

Hmmmm.....

Hopefully our players can match their performance seeing how they keep going and all....

With nine senior players unavailable due to injury, including goalkeeper Alisson, Mohamed Salah, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Darwin Nunez and Dominik Szoboszlai, manager Klopp had no other option than to trust the depth of his squad.

That was for the Luton game, they won that 1-4

Edited by bigbluewillie

it does indeed not matter one iota who they field they will still be favourites bc they are simply more competitive as a club and group of players atm. 
still we have an outside chance if we actually turn up this time. 

best chance we have is ironically on pens I think. Fourth time lucky.
This kelleher lad never saves one while petrovic is an quite savvy at it.