Chelsea 3-2 Brighton

James

How do we tighten up "the defense" if we don't have a single winger who can defend? Sterling used to do some of that work at City, but he'd be wasted doing that work in this squad.

That's why I think Poch tried Chilwell there. Maybe he will try someone else to fill that gap for tough away games?

This is a home game, so need to play somewhat attacking to get all the points.

36 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

How do we tighten up "the defense" if we don't have a single winger who can defend? Sterling used to do some of that work at City, but he'd be wasted doing that work in this squad.

That's why I think Poch tried Chilwell there. Maybe he will try someone else to fill that gap for tough away games?

This is a home game, so need to play somewhat attacking to get all the points.

Consider dropping cucarella , Sanchez and maybe silva 

5 hours ago, lucio said:

Consider dropping cucarella , Sanchez and maybe silva 

I'd start with (dropping) Silva tbh, but having so many kids in the roster helps his case, unfortunately.

My point was more about team balance than defense line tho. Yes, better defenders can defend better when unprotected, but in the modern game, the big clubs will just overwhelm your defense line in numbers if you don't have a strategy to defend, and players capable of doing that in almost every position.

Edited by robsblubot

Ah crap for some reason and duno why or how..thought this was a calbro cup game...and our next league was Man U..didnt realise had this actual league game before..ooooo such fun!

Oh and at home lucky home crowd! Mind you away isn't much better performance wise

Not excited about this or any other game at the moment... 

Football as a spectacle just seems extremely boring these days.

I mean, I love football but I can't even celebrate a goal these days with VAR lingering in the background ready to leave its mark on the result. 

The constant debates over the shocking officiating and borderline corruption is killing our beautiful game. 

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

Not excited about this or any other game at the moment... 

Football as a spectacle just seems extremely boring these days.

I mean, I love football but I can't even celebrate a goal these days with VAR lingering in the background ready to leave its mark on the result. 

The constant debates over the shocking officiating and borderline corruption is killing our beautiful game. 

VAR has killed any spontaneity. Going to get worse with refs making announcements about VAR,  and introduction of sin bins next season. Get ready for cheerleaders, popcorn and Time out. 

14 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

@cosmicway your 2 favorite clubs playing against Brighton in space of 3 days. Scout them nicely for us!

Brtn ginded to a pulp by AEK Athens but 0-0 at half time.
Not anywhere near Marseille who were lucky to beat us the first time but also beat us the second time playing better football.