Scolari: I don't need to buy

the wes

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari insists he can turn results around - without new signings this month.

After their humbling at Manchester United, Scolari insisted: "I don't think new players will arrive and I don't want them anyway.

"This is my squad and we will fight until the last game. I do not think it is over just because we lost one match."

one min we need a striker the next was we need a playmaker and then we need a left-winger ffs what do you want i am lost now he is coming out saying that we need nobody :ballack: Edited by the wes

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you DO need to buy Scolari!!

We need some new players in pretty desperately in key attacking positions. I am sure he knows that, but he clearly is not being given any money this month to make any changes! Which does make you worry about what is going to be available in the summer.

I think hes too soft headed.

Hes been told, doubtles that he cant buy, but hes making out he doesnt need to because Buck, Kenyon etc have told him.

In his defence, he was snubbed anyone after the Robinho debarcle. Robinho is someone he definitely wanted, a player that could have made all the difference, ........especially yesterday

I think hes too soft headed.

Hes been told, doubtles that he cant buy, but hes making out he doesnt need to because Buck, Kenyon etc have told him.

In his defence, he was snubbed anyone after the Robinho debarcle. Robinho is someone he definitely wanted, a player that could have made all the difference, ........especially yesterday

Without a doubt that Robinho deal has cost us bigtime, not only did we miss out on a BIG player who could have made a difference, after missing out we had no backup target so we have been left very light.

Our squad is unbalanced because we need another winger. If we want to be cheap we could recall Scott Sinclair and actually use him as a first team winger. Or we can go sign a quality winger. But we need another winger either way.

Our squad is unbalanced because we need another winger. If we want to be cheap we could recall Scott Sinclair and actually use him as a first team winger. Or we can go sign a quality winger. But we need another winger either way.

Absolutely,Sinclair or Stoch. But Scolari hasn't given them more than 10 minutes. How can he know they won't do better than what we have without even trying? But i think we also have too many players on cruise control. We should never have dropped the leagues top scorer to accomodate Drogba.

By the summer i would clear out a lot of players, Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Drogba, Belletti, Ferreira..... include Mancienne, Bertrand, Sinclair and Stoch and bring in a few new fresh faces.

Absolutely,Sinclair or Stoch. But Scolari hasn't given them more than 10 minutes. How can he know they won't do better than what we have without even trying? But i think we also have too many players on cruise control. We should never have dropped the leagues top scorer to accomodate Drogba.

By the summer i would clear out a lot of players, Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Drogba, Belletti, Ferreira..... include Mancienne, Bertrand, Sinclair and Stoch and bring in a few new fresh faces.

yip that's a good idea but we need to buy new players too in the summer

P.S Belletti is a good squad player i think we should keep him :smiliecap1:

yip that's a good idea but we need to buy new players too in the summer

P.S Belletti is a good squad player i think we should keep him :smiliecap1:

Thats why is said "and bring in some new fresh faces" :)

Well if i had to choose between belletti or a young player 19 - 21 wo is hungry and willing to wait for his chance then i would rather have the younger player! Belletti is too "safe" to have much of an impact, we need players who can come on and "do something".

Thats why is said "and bring in some new fresh faces" :)

Well if i had to choose between belletti or a young player 19 - 21 wo is hungry and willing to wait for his chance then i would rather have the younger player! Belletti is too "safe" to have much of an impact, we need players who can come on and "do something".

do you think michael woods is ready to move to the turn step m8

Totally agree about the whole Robinho deal because not only did we really need him at Chelsea, but from the minute the deal fell through, Scolari seems to have shrugged his shoulders and decided he really can't be arsed with us now.

The players we have are good enough to win any match, if they can be arsed about it. Hardly any passion from the guys yesterday. Scolari & the staff really need to get the basics right, too. Like guarding the posts properly in set pieces.

Totally agree about the whole Robinho deal because not only did we really need him at Chelsea, but from the minute the deal fell through, Scolari seems to have shrugged his shoulders and decided he really can't be arsed with us now.

I dont think it helped his attitude the fact we got so close,some complete twat decide ooo we've already got him and did the whole shirt thing which I think played a part in them saying fuck off.And seemed so sure we were gana get it just

Still we do need to buy.Just cause your not gana be able to doesnt mean we need to!!

The whole money transfer is the whole thing that started the Jose rift off really so bleh to it all

Edited by Laylabelle

We screw ourselves all the time with big transfers

Robinho, Dani Alves are just two players who we seriously missed out on because the worlds richest cheap skate didn't want to spend the extra few million that he would have made back anyway by them selling shirts

Can somebody tell me why the fuck we didnt get rid of Drogba in the summer and bring in Samuel Eto'o who wasnt wanted?

I think he's quite being a puppet for Kenyon and co by saying this. He's frustrated there's no left winger so he can't play a 4-4-2, he knows the team isn't strong enough and if given the chance he'd be out there in the transfer market now. Instead, he's decided to make as little a deal as possible about there being no funds for him. Good on him. Dissapointed, we obviously need a winger but there you go...