Ticket purchase planning and questions

Kachook

Hello.  My family of four (wife and two seven year-old boys) from the US are going to be in the UK for a brief period of time in March - most of Friday, all of Saturday and part of Sunday.  Unfortunately, this is a work trip for my wife and we are limited as to when we can be in London.  Chelsea happens to have a match on that Saturday and this will be one of the few occasions (if not only) that we will have the opportunity to watch a match at Stamford Bridge. If this were the US, I could purchase tickets for the four of us, either from the venue or an online service. However, it looks like tickets are not for sale, and only certain people have access to them. I realize my following questions are basic, but pardon the fact that I am a foreigner. I don’t understand how ticket sales work in London, and for the Premier League. I did reach out to the club and they provided me options that include hospitality tickets. The cheapest one is about 400 pounds per person, which is rather steep for us, especially considering there are two children in our party. Truly, I would probably be willing to pay that. However, I have no refund option if the game gets moved less than 48 hours from the original start time. The problem for us is if it gets moved to Sunday, we will not be able to stay and watch the match. If it were to be moved to Friday, we are at the mercy of our Airlines getting us to the UK on time to be able to make the match. Questions: how readily available are tickets in early March for a match against Newcastle? In England, can I buy tickets legally from StubHub or other online dealers? I may be being paranoid, but I have no desire to break a law in a different country due to my ignorance. When will I know if the match will be moved? Lastly, can I buy tickets for four people? I appreciate any guidance.  TIA.

Edited by Kachook

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic