Where's the £30m

the wes

Chelsea were going to spend £30m on Robinho why not spend the £30m on the January transfer window or is media right about Roman Abramovich losing billions from credit crunch if so Roman Abramovich should sell some shares to help him with the club

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've made about £10 million from Bridge's move to Man City. Surely that's enough to go out and buy a striker or midfield playmaker of some sort. Amr Zaki apparently would have cost Wigan £6 million in the summer, so they loaned him in instead. If that's the case, go for it.

Abramovich has lost a few billion in the last few weeks, the Russian stock market has collapsed spectacularly, he was also in New york just before the announcement that Bernard Madoff had embezzled £50 billion.

He still has hundred of millions of pounds, but lets not forget the bigger picture that Chelsea Football club is one of his toys like one of his yachts. He loses a few billion, hes sore. This explains the petty cut backs like players only being given four complimentary tickets, and having to pay for their own meals at the training ground. Not that good for morale if you ask me.

He is calling in his debts owed by the club, so the £30 million for Robinho, or any money available can be called back as his debt at anytime...

He is calling in his debts owed by the club, so the £30 million for Robinho, or any money available can be called back as his debt at anytime...

I was talking about this on another forum about the financial situation at Chelsea. Last year when he cleared our debt this was mentioned.....

Sources said that while their accounts showed the loans as debt, the club's hierarchy are confident Abramovich will never demand them to be repaid as they are converted into shares in Chelsea Football Club Ltd.

According to that, if he wants money back he sells shares and the club is no worse off. Thats what I take from it anyway.

I was talking about this on another forum about the financial situation at Chelsea. Last year when he cleared our debt this was mentioned.....

According to that, if he wants money back he sells shares and the club is no worse off. Thats what I take from it anyway.

Yup TB that has been the accepted position, but money, and particularly the loss of it can bring out the extremes in people.

The club hierarchy ''being confident'' is no guarantee whatsoever. We've heard this morning that Scolari has been told in no uncertain terms that the £12 million from Bridge he cant use.