Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

Our best games this season are without Enzo because he is lazy. The team have balance and chemistry with Caicedo and Gallagher .
Bottlechino knows this, but because the Argentinian is a starboy of Clownlake, there is no way to leave him on the bench.
Enzo is player more for La Liga or Calcio Italia

1 minute ago, milka said:

Our best games this season are without Enzo because he is lazy. The team have balance and chemistry with Caicedo and Gallagher .
Bottlechino knows this, but because the Argentinian is a starboy of Clownlake, there is no way to leave him on the bench.

The team has balance because of Cucurella and Caicedo. Gallagher can still hound for the ball without jeopardizing the space he leaves. We saw in preseason Poch loved to have cover in midfield but then he just completely abandoned it and profiled Caicedo as this lone DM. 

Enzo covers a lot of ground so calling him lazy is wrong. Not to mention he's been playing with a hernia issue since November. 

Mauricio Pochettino suggests he could decide to leave Chelsea: ‘Maybe we are not happy’

https://theathletic.com/5484061/2024/05/10/mauricio-pochettino-Chelsea-future/

GettyImages-2113285868-1-1024x683.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino has suggested that he could leave Chelsea of his own accord this summer rather than the club deciding to sack him.

The future of Pochettino, 52, has been the source of increasing scrutiny with the head coach admitting recently that he has not spoken to the co-owners for a few months.

The Argentine has just one year left on his contract with the option for another 12 months. This week, Chelsea chairman Todd Boehly appeared to back him publicly by talking about ‘beautiful football’ and the project coming together in recent weeks.

Pochettino has also revealed he has started working on plans for pre-season and the next campaign. However, when pushed by The Athletic to confirm this was a sign he was definitely going to be at Stamford Bridge for the 2024-25 season, he refused to do so.

He said: “Look, it is not important. The most important thing is to keep going working if we are all happy, not only the owners happy with us, the sporting directors with us, or us with the organisation the club is building here because then we are all under assessment.

“If we are happy, perfect. But it is not only if the owner are happy or the sporting directors are happy. If we are happy, you need to ask also because we said ‘look maybe we are not happy with certain situations and maybe we are not happy and we need to split.’ It is not going to be the first time that a coaching staff decide at the end of the season not to keep going.

“There are two parts who can take a decision. It is not only because Chelsea are not happy, the owners are not happy, the sporting directors are not happy, maybe we are not happy because we arrived here with some job to do but in the end it has not happened what we expect. Maybe we are not happy.

“I don’t say that I am not happy but always it is lacking one side. Maybe the other side say ‘OK, maybe until here’ and we split. It is not a problem. It is not going to be the end of the world.”

Chelsea go into their match at Nottingham Forest on Saturday sitting in seventh place in the Premier League, their highest position this term.

some tough decisions to make this summer about poch, gallagher and chalobah 

sometimes I think its better to sell both and hired another coach but other times I think the opposite 

the fact is that the club need to sell but if we can offload lukaku and kepa, alongside maattsen and hall and probably we dont need to sell them 

Poch must be breathing a sigh of relief today.

If that Villa game last night ended 3-1 we would've only been six points off 4th if we had seen out the Burnley and Sheffield games, with only a 4 goal differential. Personally, I see Villa losing to Palace and Spurs not beating City. If that had happened it would've raised quite a few questions imo if we now beat Brighton and Bournemouth. 

On 11/05/2024 at 23:32, Mário César said:

some tough decisions to make this summer about poch, gallagher and chalobah 

sometimes I think its better to sell both and hired another coach but other times I think the opposite 

the fact is that the club need to sell but if we can offload lukaku and kepa, alongside maattsen and hall and probably we dont need to sell them 

Trevs been our best CB this season, so selling him is madness. As for Conor, I really don't see how giving him a new contract is going to be so bad, as there will always be a buyer for him and he is one a only a few players we've got that have proven they can stay fit.

On 11/05/2024 at 17:32, Mário César said:

the fact is that the club need to sell 

I'm not believing any of these finance people outside of those working at the club. The club denied selling the training ground. 

Fact is these people can view the club's accounts and make assumptions but that is just it, assumptions. They don't know the full details. You have wankstains like Stefan Borson or SwissRamble now coming out apologising admitting it’s not as clear cut as they had thought. 

Posted (edited)

75 goals scored in PL this season. 

Conte title aside most in the last 14 seasons since Carlo. And one game left. 

Last season we scored 38. We double it. And some say Havertz, Mount, Pulisic are better than our young lads. 

From 44 points 👉 to 60 or 61 most likely 63.

Position 12 --> 6

What a job by Mr. Poch!

Cooking 🍳 👩‍🍳 

Not to mention injuries. Next season we go over 80 points. Only Arsenal and City finishing over us is acceptable. 

Also genius project by Boehly and Co. Ahead of it's time.

New contract and increase salary?

Edited by NikkiCFC

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

75 goals scored in PL this season. 

Conte title aside most in the last 14 seasons since Carlo. And one game left. 

Last season we scored 38. We double it. And some say Havertz, Mount, Pulisic are better than our young lads. 

From 44 points 👉 to 60 or 61 most likely 63.

Position 12 --> 6

What a job by Mr. Poch!

Cooking 🍳 👩‍🍳 

Not to mention injuries. Next season we go over 80 points. Only Arsenal and City finishing over us is acceptable. 

Also genius project by Boehly and Co. 

New contract and increase salary?

we need to fix our defense and to fix injuries...

On 07/05/2024 at 10:07, milka said:

I have never heard of the owners asking for a player to play. Enzo has also been playing injured. Injured players often do not hustle on the pitch. I will judge him when he is healthy again. When he first came to club he was killing it.

I think Poch should stay at this point. He's turned it around and if Cole Palmer wants the man to stay then I want him to stay.

Let him see out his contract and poss extend him for a year if we're top 4 around Christmas.

Posted (edited)

Good it's just what I have been saying for weeks, we are finishing on a high and that will spill the onto next season. It always does no matter who is the coach. 

Now it will be dumb from the board to sack him because new manager will come in and want to try everyone thus wasting valuable time and resources.

Let's continue with Poch and fix the areas that need improvement. 

Next season is where we can judge better Poch, first season was always going to be inconsistent. 

Edited by Fernando

You can't replace him because you won't get a better one if you sack him you only downgrade . And judging by the recent wins, he clearly stopped listening to Clownlake on what lineup to come out with and only now started working with his lineup, which coincidentally coincided with Enzo's injury.

2 hours ago, milka said:

You can't replace him because you won't get a better one if you sack him you only downgrade . And judging by the recent wins, he clearly stopped listening to Clownlake on what lineup to come out with and only now started working with his lineup, which coincidentally coincided with Enzo's injury.

This is a completely baffling take... Obviously, no one was telling Poch what lineups to play, or how to play. In fact he was quite flagrantly playing the team very much not as the squad was designed: insisting on playing a left back at LW, a CB at LB, sometimes Disasi at RB, Enzo far up the field, etc. It was like he was trying to create a line up as far away from how they were designed to be played by the people putting the squad together and if he has come close to the sack this year I think that will absolutely be why: they all agreed mutually on transfers, spending a lot of money, but none of it will matter if Poch would then insist on playing a totally stupid system.

What we don't know is whether he finally seen sense (or got over whatever point he was trying to make earlier in the season where he seemed to be almost intentionally sabotaging us) or whether he will revert to Chilwell LW, Colwill LB for example when both are fit and available.

It is hard to say whether he just got to this winning setup by basically being brute forced into it due to injuries, or actually had an epiphany. Honestly it seems more likely he's just lucked into finding a winning side. But hopefully he's sensible enough to stick with what works and stop the complete madness he was doing at the beginning of the season. It is clear that Poch is not strong at tactical/strategic setups. He is more about motivation, developing players and giving them his trust and backing. Then he just sticks them on the field and tells them to play with intensity.

I think there is basically no way Poch can be this groups manager in the long term but for 1 more year (2 years absolute max) as they develop together it probably makes sense.

As stated previously I just cannot understand the supporters on here clambering for Poch to go !!

Havent we learnt anything over the last couple of years,after ditching a world class manager in Tuchel ??? What better coaches do we think are lining up to a non Champions League Chelsea ???

Poch is under contract for another year and we need to let that run at-least, before we review where we are. Many of the squad have improved under the guidance of him and his team — Cole,Jackson etc. We should be showing him he is wanted, before he decides that he doesn’t want us !!