Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Sanchez showed the whole world what a pathetic loser he is against Arsenal and his loser coach started him the next match like nothing happened. Fuck Poch.

And Petrovic has been showing us most weeks why "nothing happened".

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Sanchez showed the whole world what a pathetic loser he is against Arsenal and his loser coach started him the next match like nothing happened. Fuck Poch.

Craziest thing I've ever read around here. 😆If a manager would switch goalies every time one makes a mistake clubs would need about 10 reserve goalies lol.
Notoriously difficult position to make changes.

Edited by robsblubot

For me I'm more encouraged by the fact there finally seems to be some tactical structure to performances and a willingness (with Cucu inverting) to adapt with the times.

If this carries on in the last three games then that will be 8 of the last 9 games that would have been tactically strong performances (admittedly the exception was a horror show) and with that in mind I'd probably be inclined to hold fire on wanting him out (short of Alonso or Pep declaring interest).

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Craziest thing I've ever read around here. 😆If a manager would switch goalies every time one makes a mistake clubs would need about 10 reserve goalies lol.

Was hardly his first mistake , Sanchez was making multiple clown errors per match . So terrible with the ball at his feet 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

For me I'm more encouraged by the fact there finally seems to be some tactical structure to performances and a willingness (with Cucu inverting) to adapt with the times.

If this carries on in the last three games then that will be 8 of the last 9 games that would have been tactically strong performances (admittedly the exception was a horror show) and with that in mind I'd probably be inclined to hold fire on wanting him out (short of Alonso or Pep declaring interest).

Not to mention set pieces: when set pieces were off, it was all down to Poch. Now that we've been doing better, it's the players eh.

What we think matters little tho; bet the club owners have been reassured by the current form. 

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Not to mention set pieces: when set pieces were off, it was all down to Poch. Now that we've been doing better, it's the players eh.

What we think matters little tho; bet the club owners have been reassured by the current form. 

They sacked Potter just as he was starting to show a glimmer of his system starting to work so I'm not confident they'll come to the right decision either way tbh.

Their decisions with managers (in regards to timing) has been spectacularly bad, contrary to popular belief I do think the recruitment has been largely excellent since 2023 however only big criticism would be the goallie choices but they keep ruining it with the manager choices.

10 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

You have to be complete blind not to see Petrovic is a step above Sanchez, that clown was making dumb error after dumb error.

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

Was hardly his first mistake , Sanchez was making multiple clown errors per match . So terrible with the ball at his feet 

I don't disagree, but that's really not what I'm talking about. I'd not even be against getting a new #1 and having Petrovic as an option.

Goalie selection is notoriously tricky. Which was signed as the starter? What promises were made to his agent/player then? What does the Goalkeeping coach says about each? Team form, esp defense can drastically affect the confidence and performances of goal keepers. It can be very different having to stop open shots vs ones where half of the goal is well blocked by the D.

Finally, it's really easy for managers to lose all goalies by making changes too quickly because it takes several matches to build an average. All goalies make mistakes, so you have to be patient with them -- more so than with other positions. 

Personally I choose to give any manager credit when the right selection is made; whether that's due to injury is really besides the point. I'd once again warn about projecting current form to next season esp if we get anything more than just PL + cups.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They sacked Potter just as he was starting to show a glimmer of his system starting to work so I'm not confident they'll come to the right decision either way tbh.

Their decisions with managers (in regards to timing) has been spectacularly bad, contrary to popular belief I do think the recruitment has been largely excellent since 2023 however only big criticism would be the goallie choices but they keep ruining it with the manager choices.

Yeah I have big disagreement regarding strength in depth and experience, but I'm not against many of the bets made by the club esp in attack where finding established quality can be really difficult. Also, ending the season with a single striker is really unacceptable at this level. Had jackson picked up a knock or 2 and the situ could've been really difficult.

We also have too many injury-pone players, most of which was entirely avoidable (Fofana made no sense whatsoever). Hard decisions ahead of us.

10 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

You have to be complete blind not to see Petrovic is a step above Sanchez, that clown was making dumb error after dumb error.

Petrovic's underlying metrics have been one of the worst in the major leagues if not outright worst.

41 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Disagree. Player go in and out of form during a long season all the time. Projecting the current form to a different time, or simply assuming this will be the norm next season would be a mistake. 

Perhaps some of the injured players would be performing well too? bet Carney would be able to do a lot more than Mudryk, for ex.

We shouldn't take away the current form from Poch; player selection is only one aspect of it. Noni in particular has been doing the teamwork tasks really well of late. There was a prior game where he switched off and we ended conceding, but he's evidently listening to the manager.
If when we lose it's the manager, and when we win it's down to the players, then no manager can ever win with us.

Have nothing to say about the first part, it is just freaking evidence the balance and better XI we have would not happen if some players did not get injured. 

Bolded part we can agree on. So what does Poch performance as a manager say overall this season? Not good enough.

Absolute insanity that some of you are going at bat for Poch after *check notes* a draw and 2 wins coming off one of the worst Chelsea displays i have seen against Arsenal. 

9 hours ago, lucio said:

So we wait until everyone is settled and doing decent under Poch and then sack him in order to win something? Or do we give up on winning trophies and settle for being a decent team ?

The first, we can always get someone else if things don't improve but we need to keep and keep improving our team. I'm sick and tired of the constant change of managers and we stay with duds that need to be giving a go. Within Poch at already know what we need, a better defense. The goals are being fix. I remember last season that was the problem and with Poch and team we have address that. Now we need to focus on defense. 

I want to see how Pochetino does with another season and a better defense. 

6 hours ago, Clockwork said:

No it is because the players Poch preferred are injured, and players like Cucu, Noni, Chalobah who have been superb in the last couple of games were not prioritized throughout the season. It is quite evident that we struggled this season is mostly due to Poch incompetence and preference for players that was detrimental to our season. 

Because you need to try players. It will be the same with a new manager he needs to try these players. 

At least by now Poch knows who is who and what we need to fix. 

8 hours ago, Clockwork said:

No it is because the players Poch preferred are injured, and players like Cucu, Noni, Chalobah who have been superb in the last couple of games were not prioritized throughout the season. It is quite evident that we struggled this season is mostly due to Poch incompetence and preference for players that was detrimental to our season. 

Cucu and Noni have had some lean patches this season. For Cucu, especially defensively he was suspect in so many games earlier on in the season. Poch isn't the ideal manager but it is going to be setting this squad back if they replace him. I don't trust the board to get the right manager in either - not a whole lot of options. Amorim, Flick, etc. I'd rather go another year with Poch having a full squad before deciding on the managerial change.

If he stays I'd love to see an all or nothing Amazon docu on the squad next season, it really must must must be a season of growth into fruition. 

Watching the Germany one with Hansi now, decent watch.

8 hours ago, Strike said:

I don't trust the board to get the right manager in either - not a whole lot of options. Amorim, Flick, etc. I'd rather go another year with Poch having a full squad before deciding on the managerial change.

Even if the club did make a change, how do we know that Amorim would come in and instantly make this side better?    It's interesting how all the stats were pointing to Alonso/Amorim taking over Liverpool and Liverpool interviewed Amorim and yet they chose Slot...

The club would be better off getting in a proper medical team to assess the concerns of Nkunku/Lavia/James/Fofana.    If we can get all of those guys fit to play at least some part of next season, that will help massively with our lack of technical quality all over the pitch!

Our best games this season are without Enzo because he is lazy. The team have balance and chemistry with Caicedo and Gallagher .
Bottlechino knows this, but because the Argentinian is a starboy of Clownlake, there is no way to leave him on the bench.
Enzo is player more for La Liga or Calcio Italia