The Next Manager?

2 minutes ago, Seymop said:

We sack a manager who was making real progress

Lets not forget that the progress he made was just the sort of form that we would have probably had all season if he had not almost maliciously abused the squad, playing players in ridiculous positions and doing 0 tactical/strategic training and just asking the lads to play with passion, as well as flogging the shit out of them in training and simultaneously failing to get anybody into any kind of fitness until the end of the season.

He was an improvement on Lampard but a downgrade on Potter.

What he was good at was being nice to the players, that is clear - they loved him. He was good at hosting BBQs. He was mostly not bad in front of the press, but he failed to establish any relationship with the fans.

How low are our standards if we're saying Poch was making real progress, it is sad what we have become.

I for one have written to the club ( which I have never done before ) expressing my feelings re letting Poch walk away + the waste of money spent on players who were injury prone before we signed them or were just bad signings.

I don’t expect a reply ( and haven’t got one !!) and I don’t expect it to make any future difference. I just think the club should know how many supporters feel right now.

I’ll be genuinely excited if it’s De Zerbi. If he can get our players playing exactly as he had Brighton playing in terms of patterns, comfort on he ball, popping it around quickly, and completely dominating possession then I think we can take off to a new level. This is the sort of football a club of our size should be playing and a style players enjoy. Not counter attacking and “improv football/wait for a star player to create a moment of magic.”

know a lot of our fans are down on him after a poor season but the context is key. Losing his two best midfielders in the same summer is often forgotten.

He was an improvement on Lampard but a downgrade on Potter.

Are you serious ???? Not one player improved under Potter. A number of players improved under Poch and I think he would have got us Top 4 next season

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’ll be genuinely excited if it’s De Zerbi. If he can get our players playing exactly as he had Brighton playing in terms of patterns, comfort on he ball, popping it around quickly, and completely dominating possession then I think we can take off to a new level. This is the sort of football a club of our size should be playing and a style players enjoy. Not counter attacking and “improv football/wait for a star player to create a moment of magic.”

know a lot of our fans are down on him after a poor season but the context is key. Losing his two best midfielders in the same summer is often forgotten.

Completely agree.

Even when we were a dominant force in Europe, there were times where we bended to our opposition and played super defensively - under Mou as an example. 

I want to see us be the hammer damn near all the time. Be fluid and malleable - able to adjust - but do it in a somewhat structured and rigid manner, within our system. 

The more you have of the ball - the less the opponent has to be able to create something and score. 

It's clear that Clearlake want a yes-man in charge, namely someone that aligns with their vision of squad-building, and long-term plans for the club.

Given all that, would DeZerbi be the right choice for this group? He did fall out with the Brighton ownership.

Maybe he won't necessarily run into the same problems he ran into at Brighton, but he has far from a meek-mannered individual like Potter.

9 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

It's clear that Clearlake want a yes-man in charge, namely someone that aligns with their vision of squad-building, and long-term plans for the club.

Given all that, would DeZerbi be the right choice for this group? He did fall out with the Brighton ownership.

Maybe he won't necessarily run into the same problems he ran into at Brighton, but he has far from a meek-mannered individual like Potter.

He is a loose cannon at pressers. 

33 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

This delusional obsession with playing possession based control football was already annoying under Roman . No team in the world can play the same way every game. Least of all our team. They tried it first half of the season and we lost most matches to teams just parking the bus. The players we have are suited to press teams and play on the break with their pace, which they did successfully towards the end of the season. Most players  don’t have half a brain and could only dream of cutting through packed defenses. These players have been picked by the very same half-wits who now demand possession football. It would be funny how incompetent Eghbali and Clownlake are if it wasn’t this frustrating. 

Possession football until the ... capital market commission steps in and goals every blue moon.
What we need is the Real Madrid style of play. We need fast forward moves, running off the ball to find empty spaces - ideally with a more solid defense than we had recently to cover.

De Zerbi is a manger. 🙂 He does not "play" but rather he likes his teams to play more with possession and control.

The players who actually play may not be suited for that, in which case he will have to either adapt or go to the market.

Don't think many saw possession and control at Brighton this season; people will point to injuries, but it always goes back to players: the ones who played weren't as good at executing what the manager intended.

I hope it's him considering the nobodies we've been linked to; at least he managed in the PL.

11 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

De Zerbi is a manger. 🙂 He does not "play" but rather he likes his teams to play more with possession and control.

The players who actually play may not be suited for that, in which case he will have to either adapt or go to the market.

Don't think many saw possession and control at Brighton this season; people will point to injuries, but it always goes back to players: the ones who played weren't as good at executing what the manager intended.

I hope it's him considering the nobodies we've been linked to; at least he managed in the PL.

he is the best of all options, but all them are so bad

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

The emerging problem I see is that everyone still acts like it's a first day, while we are entering third (?) season under this ownership and the direction we are going is still unclear. I doubt this project is designed to last over the supposedly contracted 10 years before another sale, so the clock is ticking. Meanwhile all those candidates seem to me like looking for a way to start over AGAIN, instead of picking up the smallest signs of momentum we had shown towards the end of season. You won't win a race if all you do is burning rubber on the start lane.

And while Poch managing Chelsea was ridiculous and unthinkable thing to me, I don't understand why all media report he was sacked, while it looks like he quit himself. And it's a very bad review of club's inner workings and plans.

Behdad Egbhali has been struck by De Zerbi’s personality.

This fella was somehow scammed into investing in Chelsea instead of Brighton, wasn't he?

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

. Most players  don’t have half a brain and could only dream of cutting through packed defenses.

There was a lot of talk, even here, we should sack Tuchel because the team doesn't play mUh BeAuTiFul fOoTy, whatever it means. Yeah, go on and try to play like Madrid or Barca, with little dancey-dancey and occasional rabona with sub-par players in PL, where even the worst team have 10 times faster and stronger defense and 10 times more intense press. It will get you to losing 0-5 at best and visiting hospital at worst. Good manager adjusts the style of play to opposition. I can't remember us parking the bus and trying to use physical advantage as it's all we have, while I can remember us struggling with parked buses while trying to play some poor-mans tiki-taka instead of adjusting accordingly.

Edited by Vegetable