The Next Manager?

I doubt this is true because Ornstein, Matt Law, Romano or any of the ones who get things right sometimes - Kinsella, Simon Johnson, Ben Jacobs etc have been quiet about this. 

29 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

He / his agent clearly decided to kill all media noise until after Sporting's season is finished, which imo is the proper and respectful thing to do. But seems like he's going somewhere. I don't know much about him except he apparently always plays 3 ATB... Don't really think that suits our squad these days. We have lots of average CBs, doesn't make a lot of sense to me to play a system that gets 3 of them on the field.

Ornstein said he was a no go couple weeks ago, he is as reliable as they come. 

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Xavi is officially available, i would go for him. 

No, I watched a few games in Barcelona this year. Two teenagers were his best players - Cubarsi and Yamal. None of the senior signings were playing too well in the games I watched. He's not got them playing good, control football either. Either they are in control but aren't able to string attacks together or there were many basketball matches. 

I'd stay clear of Xavi and go for a coach who's more meticulous in preparing teams for games.  

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

No, I watched a few games in Barcelona this year. Two teenagers were his best players - Cubarsi and Yamal. None of the senior signings were playing too well in the games I watched. He's not got them playing good, control football either. Either they are in control but aren't able to string attacks together or there were many basketball matches. 

I'd stay clear of Xavi and go for a coach who's more meticulous in preparing teams for games.  

I did n't like Barca - overall. 
They managed to finish second in Spain and knock out PSG but they are a shadow compared to the old Messi-Suarez team.
I can't say that Xavi is to blame for that however I have a feeling their passing game is a bit outmoded.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Strike said:

I don't rate Barca squad, and that is without all of the injuries. I actually think he had done a great given Barca squad and resources. I firmly believe that will be evident next season, unless they upgrade their squad immensely. Which is very unlikely given their financial situation. 

Since he toke over, Madrid has only 5 more points than them. There is a huge gap between them if you look at their squads. 

Edited by Clockwork

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Xavi also very publicly called out the hierarchy at the club. No way our owners will touch that.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Xavi also very publicly called out the hierarchy at the club. No way our owners will touch that.

Yes he criticized if you want to call it that Barca financial situation, but he did not criticize Barca hierarchy in fact he did the opposite by defending them. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanderson/2024/05/19/fc-barcelona-president-xavi-criticizes-fans-following-rayo-vallecano-win/?sh=69b294d4406a

Edited by Clockwork

Tbf, Xavi calling out Barca’s situation was fair enough. The idiots in charge there still expect him to challenge for the league and work miracles with zero money against a Madrid side that are still signing the world’s best players every year. I don’t see that being something that foreshadows what could happen if we appointed him. We’d actually be able to provide him with the tools to work with. Barca can’t.

I will admit that I’m intrigued by the idea of us looking at him. He’s the kind of guy that the players idolize and would buy into. I’d feel more comfortable taking a punt on Xavi than McKenna or Maresca.

Come on.
They have Christensen and Alonso, starting lineup.
Both considered as "spent forces" by Chelsea.
You can't say it's Xavi's fault.
I like Real Madrid style of play much more than theirs but right now Barca is a second string team.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

I don't rate Barca squad, and that is without all of the injuries. I actually think he had done a great given Barca squad and resources. I firmly believe that will be evident next season, unless they upgrade their squad immensely. Which is very unlikely given their financial situation. 

Since he toke over, Madrid has only 5 more points than them. There is a huge gap between them if you look at their squads. 

A squad assembled by Xavi himself no ? 

12 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'd be okay with Xavi, Amorin or DZ in that order.

None of them being considered. Surprising because I think De Zerbi for example could be a good coach to get in but Clearlake have said they’re looking for a coach and not a tough character to work with. 

The shortlist (Frank, McKenna, maresca) is so uninspiring an overwhelming majority will roll the dice and take mystery coach behind door number 4