Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

I'd really love to see what could Tuchel or Conte do with this group today. It looks like Mudryk was effectively neutralized in 15 minute by them, James, Zyiech and out midfield is successfully neutralized by our own tactic and Havertz had swiftly neutralized himself

Madueke or Sterling in place of Ziyech and a rapid forward like Nkunku in place of Havertz and we’d comfortably put Dortmund to the sword. They’re a tidy side and respectable but there is a considerable gulf in talent and quality between these two teams. 

If this was the Chelsea of the last 2 CL campaigns playing full of confidence we’d be cruising.

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

ziyech FFS

get the snail off the pitch

the depressing thing is that we ALL know the shit players in the line-up

and other than KK (who has finally played a decent half)

all have been shit (Kai, RLC, Ziyech)

I am struggling to think of 2 slower attackers on a top 10, 15 club (we are tied with Pool for 3rd best coefficient over the past 5 years, only Bayern and Citeh are higher)

and now even Felix is cocking up

3 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Ruben is having a decent game so far. But we need to be clinical not just with our finish our final ball has sloppy too.

for his standards. but he is not offering enough protection simply bc he is never invovled too much into a game, always has been is problem. many things he does are alright but he is so often a passenger. we should bring on zakaria if he is fit enough

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

for his standards. but he is not offering enough protection simply bc he is never invovled too much into a game, always has been is problem. many things he does are alright but he is so often a passenger. we should bring on zakaria if he is fit enough

He would definitely protect the back four better than Ruben for sure

Just now, Vesper said:

neither are offensive geniuses

I think if we'd just utilize our strengths and not expose deficiencies, that ends up in us being run over now, we'd lead already.

I understand the panic, but it's Dortumund, not Bayern.

1 minute ago, Vegetable said:

I think if we'd just utilize our strengths and not expose deficiencies, that ends up in us being run over now, we'd lead already.

I understand the panic, but it's Dortumund, not Bayern.

there are no teams left in the CL who you can look at and say, they WILL win (like that super Bayern team in 2029/20 who I said would win from the start of the season)

Napoli is the closest atm and they are hardly a lock

not sold on Bayern or Citeh or PSG (especially with no Mbappe)

the other two hottest teams in the big 5 are not even in the CL anymore

Barca and Arse (and they have real depth issues)