Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

4 minutes ago, Artandur said:

How on earth is tonight Potter's fault, our players can't finish to save their lives

It's not 80's anymore. Manager is supposed to prepare a proper system, make right subs and maybe… dunno, bring a striker to a CL game?

Or, like, adjust to situation instead of clapping his hands? Develop the players? Surely the fact we have best and most expensive talents ever and worst performances in 27 years is not on manager. Dunno man. Trust the process. Boys gave everything. That's life.

Edited by Vegetable

3 minutes ago, Artandur said:

How on earth is tonight Potter's fault, our players can't finish to save their lives

Not directly. Potter is having us playing like shit, costing confidence which makes us miss chances. No we get more space than we will ever have all season, so our technically accomplished players trhive to get onto the ball but their lack of confidence makes them squander all chances.

But Potter probably had something to do with us committing 9 palyers forward on a corner when dortmund had air superiroity all game. So yeah he did contribute to us losing for sure

Just now, Vegetable said:

It's not 80's anymore. Manager is supposed to prepare a proper system, make right subs and maybe… dunno, bring a striker to a CL game?

Or, like, adjust to situation instead of clapping his hands? Develop the players? Surely the fact we have best and most expensive talents ever and worst performances in 27 years in not on manager. Dunno man.

Look, i've been anything but a Potter fan these last weeks, but blaming him for tonight is just mindless hate

Dortmund played like a team near the bottom of the PL whose only real threat was counters and quick changes of possession.

And as we all know that’s often a recipe for success against recent Chelsea who can’t score to save their lives. If we had just 1 clinical finisher we kill the tie stone dead tonight.

3 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Look, i've been anything but a Potter fan these last weeks, but blaming him for tonight is just mindless hate

So what's the point of having a manager on the sideline at all if we end up with old song of blaming it on players anyway? The system shut our best players off. We play useless Havertz out of position every game. Playing him in tandem with Felix made both worse. We were completely closed down by worse opposition and reaction to this was letting Cucu in. I'm done.

Edited by Vegetable

Look, the worst thing that can happen to us at the moment is Potter staying manager of Chelsea football club as a result of a good performance in the champions league.
Other than that we lost to the 2nd bundesliga team who had some incredible luck on their side and Potter had nothing todo with it.

2 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

So what's the point of having a manager on the sideline at all if we end up with old song of blaming it on players anyway? The system shut our best players off. We play useless Havertz out of position every game. Playing him in tandem with Felix made both worse. We were completely closed down by worse opposition and reaction to this was letting Cucu in. I'm done.

We were anything but completely closed down, we dominated the second half. We don't have any other striker in the cl squad than Havertz, which of course was Potters decision, but doesnt change anything about his choices tonight. Cucu was brought on because Chilly wasn't ready for 90 minutes yet. 

1 minute ago, Artandur said:

my Potter OUT is not based off this game

BUT

it is partially his fault he do not have a fucking real CF

its is insane that we spent £600+m and have no CF

Potter should have put his foot down and told Boehly 'fuck off with the retread tyre failed Auba shit and get me someone who is not rinsed'

and btw

Broja is going to be fucked for at least the next 12 to 18 months, and maybe permanently

so anyone (not saying you are m8, btw) hanging hopes on him is just whistling past the graveyard

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

my Potter OUT is not based off this game

BUT

it is partially his fault he do not have a fucking real CF

its is insane that we spent £600+m and have no CF

Potter should have put his foot down and told Boehly 'fuck off with the retread tyre failed Auba shit and get me someone who is not rinsed'

and btw

Broja is going to be fucked for at least the next 12 to 18 months, and maybe permanently

so anyone (not saying you are m8, btw) hanging hopes on him is just whistling past the graveyard

completely agree on that part

7 minutes ago, Artandur said:

If this game was an expection, I would agree. But it's a tendency. We have so many attackers, still we scored 4 goals in our last 9 games. Aubameyang, Havertz, Felix, Fofana, Mount, Ziyech, Madueke, Mudryk, Sterling.. So many talented players featured, so many options.. Still he is not able to find solution to make these players score.

Obviously, Potter cannot go to the field and finish the attacks, but this is serious tendency, there must be something which he and his staff doing rubbish.. Mental preparation, proper practices, not concentrating enough..  A good manager should at least have ideas to improve.

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

If this game was an expection, I would agree. But it's a tendency. We have so many attackers, still we scored 4 goals in our last 9 games. Aubameyang, Havertz, Felix, Fofana, Mount, Ziyech, Madueke, Mudryk, Sterling.. So many talented players featured, so many options.. Still he is not able to find solution to make these players score.

Obviously, Potter cannot go to the field and finish the attacks, but this is serious tendency, there must be something which he and his staff doing rubbish.. Mental preparation, proper practices, not concentrating enough..  A good manager should at least have ideas to improve.

Look, i don't wanna talk this to death, i think i've made my point and i'm not trying to say Potter is doing a great job. But i'm seeing a clear delineation between tonight, where we created loads, and the last weeks, where we didn't create shit

There’s zero chance he’s sacked after that. If we had been battered and played off the pitch, maybe.

If we fail to beat bottom of the league Southampton with a caretaker manager, though…..

15 minutes ago, Artandur said:

We were anything but completely closed down, we dominated the second half. We don't have any other striker in the cl squad than Havertz, which of course was Potters decision, but doesnt change anything about his choices tonight. Cucu was brought on because Chilly wasn't ready for 90 minutes yet. 

Of course we were. Started well, but Dortmund actually has a manager, so we were quickly reduced to toothless. Of course, controlled the game as better team should do with worse team, but done no real danger and conceded. That's what tactics do in football, but it's easier to say we lost because Felix had hit the bar.

Those players don't pair and field themselves and back in Tuchel days we were actually able to beat stronger opposition with way worse players and just as useless attack, because able manager win the games with tactics. And well, surely leaving out Auba and DDF but registering Mudryk who presents himself as totally not ready for CL, while we are loaded with wingers should be questioned - if you decide you don't need a cf, prove you can win without one. Yet we have no mentality and performance. It just a sad waste to throw money and talent under mid-table manager. 

Edited by Vegetable