Opinion: Chelsea should scout two Moroccans after fine World Cup

James

The World Cup is going to be ending on Sunday and it will mark the end of what has been a pretty decent competition and an entertaining one to watch. I have been watching many games with my Chelsea hat on, keeping an eye on potential talents that I think Chelsea should take a look […]

View the full article

No we shouldn't scout them. Morocco run was down to luck, poor oppositions, home  advantage of sorts and great team spirit but surely not individual quality. If we have not been scouting those two players so far, it makes absolutely zero sense to start doing so now as surely some other braindead club board is gonna dump 5x their valuation before our scouts even enter a plane anyway. It is not as if those two just popped up on stage. They have been in Europe for ages, no one ever gave a shit about them and rightly so. They are bang average at best. They might have rosen to the occasion and played out of their skins for their country, well done. But you can bet your house on them returning to their usual mediocre selves after a few weeks of playing for their clubs. If Tottenham are really stupid enough to dump 57m on Amrabat, I will pop a bottle cos our chances of finishing top 4 might very well have drastically increased.

And no Morocco also were not unlucky to lose vs France, they were lucky not to get thrashed  by a France team that played below average and was missing key players and even luckier to even get this far only scoring 5 goals all tournament with very subserviant assistance of opponents and refs. But yeah lets just go after some random flavour of the month from the latest tournaments surprise team bc we don't have enough dregs in our team already. Damn, we missed such great deals when we failed to scout Angelos Basinas and Georgios Seitaridis after Greece won the 2004 euros.

Only player that could genuinely improve Chelsea is Hakimi, which presents an issue itself as we have Reece James. 

Best performers in Amrabat and Ounahi I am skeptical will make an impact in the Premier League. 

On 16/12/2022 at 15:19, MoroccanBlue said:

Only player that could genuinely improve Chelsea is Hakimi, which presents an issue itself as we have Reece James. 

Best performers in Amrabat and Ounahi I am skeptical will make an impact in the Premier League. 

Amrabat maybe, but there are better DMF options out there

and Hakimi is going nowhere atm

I wager he ends up back at Real Madrid in the near future (next 2 years)

there are only 4 (could argue only 2) WC RB's atm

Reece James    
Achraf Hakimi    

drop off

João Cancelo  (and he had a SHIT WC, he seems to play better as a right-footed LB tbh)
Trent Alexander-Arnold (and his defence is so bad now I almost did not put him there)

then the next best

Diogo Dalot (I almost would say he is now WC, he has massively improved and is a beast on defence)
Denzel Dumfries
Benjamin Pavard (barely makes this cut)

then a massive drop off atm

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

With Carvajal on the decline 100% Hakimi goes back to Real. 

yes, the ONLY 2 RBs that Real would want atm are Reece and Hakimi

cannot see them going for TAA (shit defence) and Cancelo is too old (he turns 30yo at the end of next season) for the money Citeh would want, plus he looked like shit for Portugal, he seems to be better now as a reversed-footed LB

maybe Dalot, but the first two are streets ahead of all other RBs on the planet atm

47 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yes, the ONLY 2 RBs that Real would want atm are Reece and Hakimi

cannot see them going for TAA (shit defence) and Cancelo is too old (he turns 30yo at the end of next season) for the money Citeh would want, plus he looked like shit for Portugal, he seems to be better now as a reversed-footed LB

maybe Dalot, but the first two are streets ahead of all other RBs on the planet atm

That's because cancelo plays as an inverted wingback for city so he's basically a DM for them. A niche role and real don't play the same way as city. His output has changed this year because they changed system due to Haaland joining. He is back to fullback and that's why he's not putting out the same g/a as previous years.