Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

He's has a very good season and went through a bit of a rough patch when people like you piled on him. The Ivanovic of Saturday has been the Ivanovic of much of this season and he's one of our most important players on the pitch, yet at the slightest blip in form certain people decided to single him out.

I was only talking about the consistency in his crossing and only that. Didn't even mention anything good or bad on his form or performance level! :doh:

I was only talking about the consistency in his crossing and only that. Didn't even mention anything good or bad on his form or performance level! :doh:

Give it all the :doh: you want but Ivanovic has been one of our best players and you always seem to be one of the first to pick up on any slight mistake he makes (the West Brom one was the latest one because apparently he didn't close down the crosser properly :doh: ).

He's been a cornerstone of much of our success this season - try supporting him.

Give it all the :doh: you want but Ivanovic has been one of our best players and you always seem to be one of the first to pick up on any slight mistake he makes (the West Brom one was the latest one because apparently he didn't close down the crosser properly :doh: ).

He's been a cornerstone of much of our success this season - try supporting him.

Aah. The same old reason that just because someone has been performing well, we can't criticize them for any mistakes there (or that we are not supporting him). :doh: Couldn't care any less. If one deserves a praise, then he gets it. If one deserves to be criticized, then he gets it either.

That incident against West Brom, if you don't think it's Ivanovic's mistake and it's others, then fine but it's your opinion. Doesn't make it right or wrong either. Looks as if you want to get all petty just because not everyone agreed on your view that Luiz was at fault for the goal conceded.

And it's quite funny that you said I always pick out the slightest mistake whenever Ivanovic make one (it's not even the case), been our cornerstone for success this season and should support him but yet the same could be said about your case with Cech.

Aah. The same old reason that just because someone has been performing well, we can't criticize them for any mistakes there (or that we are not supporting him). :doh: Couldn't care any less. If one deserves a praise, then he gets it. If one deserves to be criticized, then he gets it either.

You're a joke mate. Even when he starts putting in decent crosses consistently people like you will still look to moan rather than giving him the credit he deserves.

That incident against West Brom, if you don't think it's Ivanovic's mistake and it's others, then fine but it's your opinion. Doesn't make it right or wrong either. Looks as if you want to get all petty just because not everyone agreed on your view that Luiz was at fault for the goal conceded.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I think Cech was at fault in small part too which was raised by others. You seem to want to look to Ivanovic and as I said at the time it was an imaginative view to take.

And it's quite funny that you said I always pick out the slightest mistake whenever Ivanovic make one (it's not even the case), been our cornerstone for success this season and should support him but yet the same could be said about your case with Cech.

Feel free to suggest that. In fact why not actually have the balls to take me to task on that comment rather than making snide little comments and retweeting any old shit you find on twitter like you normally do.

Cech hasn't been a cornerstone of our success this season. He's been in poor form compared to his normal standards, he's cost us goals and he's been dropped because of it. I have no problems making such a comment. The problem with this site is that you can't put mods or admins on ignore so just do me a favour and don't respond.

He's has a very good season and went through a bit of a rough patch when people like you piled on him. The Ivanovic of Saturday has been the Ivanovic of much of this season and he's one of our most important players on the pitch, yet at the slightest blip in form certain people decided to single him out.

That's not a fact, that's just your opinion. I think in defense alone, all of Terry, Azpi, Cahill and even Petr have had better seasons than Brana.

I think he's had a decent season. Some great performances and a couple of big goals, but also some poor performances and some persisting issues such as crossing and closing down crosses. Overall average or slightly above that, imo. My belief that he's a CB and should play there has only been enhanced this season.

That's not a fact, that's just your opinion. I think in defense alone, all of Terry, Azpi, Cahill and even Petr have had better seasons than Brana.

As a unit they've been the foundation of everything good we've done this season. If you want to disagree then you're more than welcome to, but his goals alone have added at least 4 points to our total (against City and Villa). Azpi has been tremendous as well in recent months but he's not been any better than Ivanovic and has made 9 less starts. Cech has not had a better season. That's a ridiculous comment to make. He was dropped because of his poor form.

I think he's had a decent season. Some great performances and a couple of big goals, but also some poor performances and some persisting issues such as crossing and closing down crosses. Overall average or slightly above that, imo. My belief that he's a CB and should play there has only been enhanced this season.

Who should he be crossing the ball to? I know Drogba's in the banner but he doesn't play for us anymore so who exactly should he be crossing to? Oscar? Hazard?

He put in a ball on Saturday that was perfect. It was a cross that Beckham would be proud of, yet Eto'o simply couldn't get to it which sums up this whole 'he should cross better' argument. The targets for crosses don't exist.

And the FACT is that the same criticisms were levelled against Azpi all of last season. Feel free to check his thread - you'll notice the person defending him in EXACTLY the same way is me. Does that make him 'not a full-back'?

You're a joke mate. Even when he starts putting in decent crosses consistently people like you will still look to moan rather than giving him the credit he deserves.

I'm a joke? Ha. Pot calling the kettle black.

You think he may have started to put in crosses consistently but I don't think that is the case yet and needs to continue do so before properly praising him. For all we know, it could be just a streak. And mind you, I didn't even say his crosses were bad in the last few matches. All I said was I want to see more/better consistency from him before the praise comes in.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I think Cech was at fault in small part too which was raised by others. You seem to want to look to Ivanovic and as I said at the time it was an imaginative view to take.

Luiz and Cech are questionable for the goal as well but I'm putting the blame more on Ivanovic. Is that even wrong? And imaginative view? If that was the first time from Ivanovic doing that, then one can excuse him but when he already has a track record not closing down crosses like he did and costing us goals, then he deserves to be criticized and even more so.

Feel free to suggest that. In fact why not actually have the balls to take me to task on that comment rather than making snide little comments and retweeting any old shit you find on twitter like you normally do.

Making snide little comments and RT old shit from Twitter? :lol:

Cech hasn't been a cornerstone of our success this season. He's been in poor form compared to his normal standards, he's cost us goals and he's been dropped because of it. I have no problems making such a comment. The problem with this site is that you can't put mods or admins on ignore so just do me a favour and don't respond.

Proving my point earlier about your case with Cech. Criticized him when he makes mistakes (fair enough) but only seem to focus on that and hardly any praise when he makes saves, especially the better ones, that keep us in matches.

Seriously, if you are going to get so pissed at things like this, then next time, don't even bother replying in the first place.

As a unit they've been the foundation of everything good we've done this season. If you want to disagree then you're more than welcome to, but his goals alone have added at least 4 points to our total (against City and Villa). Azpi has been tremendous as well in recent months but he's not been any better than Ivanovic and has made 9 less starts. Cech has not had a better season. That's a ridiculous comment to make. He was dropped because of his poor form.

Who should he be crossing the ball to? I know Drogba's in the banner but he doesn't play for us anymore so who exactly should he be crossing to? Oscar? Hazard?

He put in a ball on Saturday that was perfect. It was a cross that Beckham would be proud of, yet Eto'o simply couldn't get to it which sums up this whole 'he should cross better' argument. The targets for crosses don't exist.

And the FACT is that the same criticisms were levelled against Azpi all of last season. Feel free to check his thread - you'll notice the person defending him in EXACTLY the same way is me. Does that make him 'not a full-back'?

In a bit of rush so I'm going to answer briefly:

- Our defense has been key, but Iva has no way been the best of the bunch. So how is he one of our best players this season? Unless you mean one of our best 10 players this season then I agree.

- He should NOT be crossing in the first place. While the lack of finisher in the box is a valid reason, the crosses that do out for a goal kick or throw in are not anyone's fault but Iva's

- Azpi was never accused of not closing down crosses. And while some did criticize his crosses, others praised them and said he was a huge improvement on Iva and Bosingwa. Haven't ever seen anyone praise Iva's crossing. Beyond that, Azpi has the technical ability and pace of a fullback while Iva simply doesn't.

In a bit of rush so I'm going to answer briefly:

- Our defense has been key, but Iva has no way been the best of the bunch. So how is he one of our best players this season? Unless you mean one of our best 10 players this season then I agree.

I said he was one of the most important players for us and I stand by that. He's key to the way we distribute the ball from goal-kicks, he's worked most of the season without a proper right-winger (Willian does a good job but isn't comparable to Hazard on the left) and he's popped up with key goals.

- He should NOT be crossing in the first place. While the lack of finisher in the box is a valid reason, the crosses that do out for a goal kick or throw in are not anyone's fault but Iva's

- Azpi was never accused of not closing down crosses. And while some did criticize his crosses, others praised them and said he was a huge improvement on Iva and Bosingwa. Haven't ever seen anyone praise Iva's crossing. Beyond that, Azpi has the technical ability and pace of a fullback while Iva simply doesn't.

The pace of a full-back? I've not seen many wingers go past Ivanovic on the outside whilst his engine to get up and down that right-wing is outstanding. You see him as a centre-back and that's fine, but I think you continue to look through that prism no matter what he does. He reminds me a lot of Gary Neville in so many regards and the same accusations were often levelled at him...they were misplaced too in my opinion.

I'm a joke

it was an isolated good cross. his record was something like 4/68 successful in January

"the target for crosses don't exist" is not a valid argument because as we saw late on vs Everton and vs West Ham, there were plenty of targets. maybe not great headers of the ball but definitely there are bodies in the box. it doesn't have to be a perfect cross to the back post or anything. see assist vs Newcastle when he delivered it on the floor for Hazard

it was an isolated good cross. his record was something like 4/68 successful in January

"the target for crosses don't exist" is not a valid argument because as we saw late on vs Everton and vs West Ham, there were plenty of targets. maybe not great headers of the ball but definitely there are bodies in the box. it doesn't have to be a perfect cross to the back post or anything. see assist vs Newcastle when he delivered it on the floor for Hazard

For it to be a successful cross, it has to be met by one of our players. Who? You can't just say it's not a valid argument when it absolutely is.

Newcastle are shit. They defend poorly, they offered very little that day so of course it was easier for Eto'o to find space. Unfortunately, the vast majority of times Ivanovic crosses it's second or third phase attacks where the defences have reorganised and our first choice of attack (the counter) has broken down. In those instances, we're missing a Drogba to win those headers.

For it to be a successful cross, it has to be met by one of our players. Who? You can't just say it's not a valid argument when it absolutely is.

Newcastle are shit. They defend poorly, they offered very little that day so of course it was easier for Eto'o to find space. Unfortunately, the vast majority of times Ivanovic crosses it's second or third phase attacks where the defences have reorganised and our first choice of attack (the counter) has broken down. In those instances, we're missing a Drogba to win those headers.

that is when he gets it reasonably right. not going over everyone's heads like he has done plenty of times. to his credit he's mixed up his crosses this season. played the low cross sometimes but not nearly accurate enough given he takes so many crosses

there are games when we don't have many committing forward but there are also games like for example, when we're putting the pressure on lower teams at home - there are enough bodies in the box.

that is when he gets it reasonably right. not going over everyone's heads like he has done plenty of times. to his credit he's mixed up his crosses this season. played the low cross sometimes but not nearly accurate enough given he takes so many crosses

there are games when we don't have many committing forward but there are also games like for example, when we're putting the pressure on lower teams at home - there are enough bodies in the box.

Azpi's problem with crossing came when he had no targets and instead looked to cross into space. I think Ivanovic has the same issues, and low crosses tend not to get past the first man because (again) it's against defences who have had time to get back and organise themselves.

Azpi's problem with crossing came when he had no targets and instead looked to cross into space. I think Ivanovic has the same issues, and low crosses tend not to get past the first man because (again) it's against defences who have had time to get back and organise themselves.

not low crosses per say. anyway, here's a low quality pic of the cross he pulled vs Everton. in home matches we tend to put bodies in the box. No good header in there but there are enough bodies

GPeoQhh.jpg