Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

At the 24:00 mark he's made that face he's famous for - the one that says 'don't mess up with me otherwise I'll fuck (in all possible meanings of the word) you and your family' and said to someone (seemingly the referee given the position one sec before he says it, from a different camera angle) 'fuck off, man'.

We need that in a gif!!!!!!

At the 24:00 mark he's made that face he's famous for - the one that says 'don't mess up with me otherwise I'll fuck (in all possible meanings of the word) you and your family' and said to someone (seemingly the referee given the position one sec before he says it, from a different camera angle) 'fuck off, man'.

He really takes those throw ins personally!

tumblr never fails me

tumblr_n1emphFASZ1sscln5o1_500.gif

One good cross like in 10 attempts hardly constitutes improving. Better to wait till he actually does so consistently.

He had about 3 good crosses in the second half. I'm talking about the swerve on his crosses, before it was almost a hopeful lob into no one in the box but now it swerves into the striker.

Infact he created a goal for hazard against newcastle, he created a chance for eto against newcastle that they blocked. He has put in 3 good crosses in the last match too. This past 3 matches is more good crosses than he has done the whole season imo. That's why I said he's getting better, I can actually now remember a proper chance created by him after each game.

He had about 3 good crosses in the second half. I'm talking about the swerve on his crosses, before it was almost a hopeful lob into no one in the box but now it swerves into the striker.

Mind refreshing my memory please because I only remembered the one for Eto'o..?

Infact he created a goal for hazard against newcastle, he created a chance for eto against newcastle that they blocked. He has put in 3 good crosses in the last match too. This past 3 matches is more good crosses than he has done the whole season imo. That's why I said he's getting better, I can actually now remember a proper chance created by him after each game.

That assist for Hazard in the Newcastle was hardly a cross, more of a pass. And even if you considered it as a (low) cross, was a simple one with no Newcastle players obstructing his path to pick out Hazard.

Mind refreshing my memory please because I only remembered the one for Eto'o..?

That assist for Hazard in the Newcastle was hardly a cross, more of a pass. And even if you considered it as a (low) cross, was a simple one with no Newcastle players obstructing his path to pick out Hazard.

I meant his crossing was more dangerous, having more swerve on them instead of just hopeful punts into the crowd or sky like most of the season.

Let's be honest, ivanovic of early this season will never pass that ball on the floor on a platter to hazard against newcastle, he'll normally cross it above hazard knowing that he's not a tall dude. :doh:

So he seems to have gauged his crossing/final ball better imo

I meant his crossing was more dangerous, having more swerve on them instead of just hopeful punts into the crowd or sky like most of the season.

Let's be honest, ivanovic of early this season will never pass that ball on the floor on a platter to hazard against newcastle, he'll normally cross it above hazard knowing that he's not a tall dude. :doh:

So he seems to have gauged his crossing/final ball better imo

Still think it's too quick to judge it.

And while Ivanovic has his own flaws, one wouldn't expect him to be an idiot in that situation and cross, rather than pass, to Hazard. What he did was the 'common sense' approach if you like especially when I believe Hazard was calling for him to pass into his path and not cross into the box then. To use that as an example to praise for his supposed improvement is a no-no.

Still think it's too quick to judge it.

And while Ivanovic has his own flaws, one wouldn't expect him to be an idiot in that situation and cross, rather than pass, to Hazard. What he did was the 'common sense' approach if you like especially when I believe Hazard was calling for him to pass into his path and not cross into the box then. To use that as an example to praise for his supposed improvement is a no-no.

Yep, even his decision making has gotten better even with common instances like that. I rate him and ramires on the same level in decision making and ivanovic has gotten better at it so I'm just noting it. But your right, its not yet for a long period of time.

The fact that I can remember a dangerous attacking contribution from iva in different games is a sign of improvement.

His closing down of crosses still sucks though.

One good cross like in 10 attempts hardly constitutes improving. Better to wait till he actually does so consistently.

He's has a very good season and went through a bit of a rough patch when people like you piled on him. The Ivanovic of Saturday has been the Ivanovic of much of this season and he's one of our most important players on the pitch, yet at the slightest blip in form certain people decided to single him out.