Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

I didn't see it during the match but it seems like Sanchez threw a punch at Brana out of frustration once. Seems like Iva didn't feel a thing though

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/10/6/6926397/alexis-sanchez-branislav-ivanovic-punch-video

LOL. Is it only me or does it look like he punched a brick wall? He really hit Brana, it wasn't a graze or something, and Brana doesn't even flinch. LOL

As for Sánchez, I can't stand the cunt. I already didn't like him, then he went to Barça and now to Arsenal. He's a cunt through and through and a dirty one, that's why he chooses those teams to play for...

Some you get away with and some you don't, point being is don't raise your hands or lash out....simple

our player or not, no one should get away with a punch like that. I don't think Costa did something like that, he was provoked, there was a two-side reaction from both players involved. Here Sanchez loses the ball and then just goes to punch Ivanovic. He should be suspended. Maybe Costa should have too, but just because we escaped it, it doesn't mean now we can't talk about it.

Ramires got reprimanded after the match. Branislav wasn't provoking him, Sanchez should be suspended.

It's only if it's included in the match report.

This was after the incident with Gylfi.

Where incidents go un-noticed in Premier League matches, the FA have the power to take retrospective action if the offence was worthy of a red card.

In this case, FA officials explained that Costa's actions are not considered to warrant more than a yellow card and would therefore not be re-examined.

The referee's report was due to land with the FA on Monday afternoon but it is not expected to contain a call for further action to be taken.

LOL. Is it only me or does it look like he punched a brick wall? He really hit Brana, it wasn't a graze or something, and Brana doesn't even flinch. LOL

As for Sánchez, I can't stand the cunt. I already didn't like him, then he went to Barça and now to Arsenal. He's a cunt through and through and a dirty one, that's why he chooses those teams to play for...

our player or not, no one should get away with a punch like that. I don't think Costa did something like that, he was provoked, there was a two-side reaction from both players involved. Here Sanchez loses the ball and then just goes to punch Ivanovic. He should be suspended. Maybe Costa should have too, but just because we escaped it, it doesn't mean now we can't talk about it.

I think you have just agreed with what I said.

These things usually depend on the media. If the media make a huge fuss then the FA acts (unless it is one of their darlings like Gerrard or Rooney). This has hardly been mentioned in the media so I expect it to not even be acknowledged by the FA.

Imagine if it was Terry who did that to Sanchez instead......

Well he once kinda did, we know how that ended....

In general there is only taken action against unspotted offences when they are not against Chelsea players. 8 match ban for the Suarez bite on Ivanovic was a joke. I also got no idea why anyone would have Iva as the target of choice. If I could pick one player not to start a fight with it would be him. Maybe it is because Ivanovic is barely able to feel pain he does not mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Jose instructs Ivanovic to drop narrow and become a 3rd CB since he does it all the time. It obviously helps with the aerial battle in the middle but it gives the opposition wingers so much space and means our right winger has to defend 1v1 often. Do that against Di Maria and we're in big trouble.

I wonder if Jose instructs Ivanovic to drop narrow and become a 3rd CB since he does it all the time. It obviously helps with the aerial battle in the middle but it gives the opposition wingers so much space and means our right winger has to defend 1v1 often. Do that against Di Maria and we're in big trouble.

+1 just asking for a cut inside shot

+1 just asking for a cut inside shot

My worries with Ivanovic isn't him stoping the inside runs, its how he consistently fails to close down defenders when they cross. He would much rather let someone cross in those positions then fail a tackle and allow them to run into the box behind him. It's not even just allowing the cross, he gives them a lot of space (as he stands there with his hands behind his back) and the cross will come in with a perfect trajectory. Luckily we have straight up mahogany in the box with Terry and Cahill, but I'm always biting my nails when Ivanovic lets in these crosses.

When you see a player move into certain positions on a consistent basis, it's always because of instructions. If Mou doesn't like him doing so, he'll always order him to change his ways.

It's the same with Azpi staying behind the ball during attacks most of the time, or Fabregas sticking to his (deep midfield) position in big games.

Of course he does. There is less danger when your opponent is wide than when he is running in between a full back and a centre back. This is basic defending. If you ever played even remotely serious 11 v 11 football you would know this.

Anyways, this thread disgusts me every time I open it. The bloke gives his heart to Chelsea, fights for the shirt, has been doing that for years. Yet you come here and out of 83 pages 50 are filled with bashing and insulting.