Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

I think Ivanovic is gonna knock Cahill to 3rd string CB by December.

Big call mate! But I hope you're right because I fear complacency in this defence actually, Ivanovic will definitely keep competition to its maximum in a positive way for sure

This guy is reason why we dont need another CB. But we need another fullback who can play both sides or atl least left one.

I cant see Iva being our first choice backup CB and RB, while Azpi being our regular RB and backup for LB. This guys need a break too and if Luis or Terry/Cahill gets injured, Iva will have to jump in and then we dont have SINGLE CB or fullback left on bench!!! I wouldnt count Zouma or Ake as they are both realy realy young and inexperienced.

Great chance to be 3rd CB or even displace Cahill (Very difficult) however Zouma is just too raw right now, all the signs to be a good/great CB, physically however the head just isn't there right now due to age/experience/concentration

People under-estimate concentration so much, rarely is Terry caught out of position, exc. pre-season

• 2 weeks later...

Famous last words between me and my dad:

'Oh here comes another Ivanovic dreadful cross..............ah shit what a goal, fair play'.

Well in dude, great performance capped with a well deserved goal!

He was excellent going forward in the first half! :blink:

He took his time on crosses and actually picked out a target and aimed at it. Was crucial to our attack since Azpi did absolutely nothing on the left wing going forward.

For me Azpili and Luís have to fight for that LB position because the RB belongs to this man (and I don't think Azpili was that good today to be honest, I'd rather play Iva and Luis tbh)

I criticized his crosses - like every other sane person did - but I've always been a defender of this guy in our first team. There are few with his attitude and his quality. He's a legend, a walking legend.

I looooove Iva and he symbolizes a lot what I think Chelsea is, especially now that many of our 'old guard' guys have left.

That pass to Cesc was perfect and he was good through and through.

I don't like him much as a CB and I hope we don't need to use him there, but he can do a job there as well. Either way, I think we can't lose his leadership, spirit, energy and strength in the pitch, in addition to his qualities as a defender. As an offensive FB I know he'll have good days and bad days (or maybe with better people to move around him, he'll have mostly good days), but I'll take it. He has to stay.

And this was funny, lol

tumblr_naiwrkFv0x1sscln5o1_500.gif

For me Azpili and Luís have to fight for that LB position because the RB belongs to this man (and I don't think Azpili was that good today to be honest, I'd rather play Iva and Luis tbh)

I criticized his crosses - like every other sane person did - but I've always been a defender of this guy in our first team. There are few with his attitude and his quality. He's a legend, a walking legend.

I looooove Iva and he symbolizes a lot what I think Chelsea is, especially now that many of our 'old guard' guys have left.

That pass to Cesc was perfect and he was good through and through.

I don't like him much as a CB and I hope we don't need to use him there, but he can do a job there as well. Either way, I think we can't lose his leadership, spirit, energy and strength in the pitch, in addition to his qualities as a defender. As an offensive FB I know he'll have good days and bad days (or maybe with better people to move around him, he'll have mostly good days), but I'll take it. He has to stay.

And this was funny, lol

tumblr_naiwrkFv0x1sscln5o1_500.gif

This. I always liked him, sure he has his days where he can't do shit right but defend. He's a good defender and can cross occasionally. He will probably be captain when JT doesn't play. I love this guy.

Really love this guy.He always fights until the game is over.Yesterday he showed finally after some time what he is capable of attacking wise.Nice cross to Fabregas in the build-up to the second goal.In defense solid as ever.Our Serbian Rock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N_Y8YtcTH8

He was excellent going forward in the first half! :blink:

He took his time on crosses and actually picked out a target and aimed at it. Was crucial to our attack since Azpi did absolutely nothing on the left wing going forward.

That's the thing, last night was the Ivanovic we saw under Ancelotti, like TOPTB said when players are making runs and putting themselves in the box Ivanovic isn't anywhere near as bad going forward as popular opinion suggests.