Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

the halftime analysis showed he was partly at fault for their goal though.

No offense, but most pundits are just idiots.

You can't look beyond Essien for the first goal. The back four is blameless, imo because they were caught flat-footed by the ball that came in the opposite direction to their movement.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he had a good game tonight, granted no one stood out as we cruised it in second gear, but he certainly looked crisp again.

I wonder if we could play him alongside Luiz at CB as they're both quick so we could play a higher line with Cole at LB and Cesar at RB, especially against the smaller sides so we could press them even higher up the pitch.

I thought he had a good game tonight, granted no one stood out as we cruised it in second gear, but he certainly looked crisp again.

I wonder if we could play him alongside Luiz at CB as they're both quick so we could play a higher line with Cole at LB and Cesar at RB, especially against the smaller sides so we could press them even higher up the pitch.

I thought Mikel and Ivan sucked....

However, I give him a pass due to fatigue and playing rb instead of CB....

Dont know why he doesnt get time as CB..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've read that some people think he had a good game against Januzaj, but I don't think he did. Never really looks comfortable at the RB position and in particular the nutmeg against him and the overhit cross come to mind. Whilst he is a good defender, he is so poor technically. Notice how during the dropball there was a little unrest among the United players that Chelsea had kicked the ball out for a United throw-in instead of giving it back to De Gea. It was Ivanovic who did that, and it didn't seem accidental at all. I really think he just wasn't able to cross it all the way back to their goalkeeper, failing spectacularly. Sigh, his and Ramires' lack of technical ability, in terms of being able to pass, cross and shoot properly, are noticeable every game!

Ramires has a decent cross and from time to time can finish brilliantly. He isn't as poor as Ivanovic is technically.

Think he was ok at times but never looked completely comfortable, think he was told to get stuck in hard on Januzaj to try and make him shy from getting the ball but he never really did no matter how many times Branna knocked him over/kicked him. Made some vital back post headers from crosses coming in from our left side though and in possession was alright but still think Azpi is a better option if we are going to be controlling matches as he offers more in possession than Branna does.