Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

Yes he had a good season at RB, but he's had more than two bad seasons there since. It's not a fact that he has more good games there than bad ones, he rarely has a game there without making a mistake, like not closing down crosses which he does in every game, like poor positioning and wrong decisions like what he did in the Weinman chance. And even if I want to assume that that is true, when has that ever been good enough for Chelsea? Bosingwa did have a good period with us, and when he did he was a starter over Iva. At Chelsea level, Iva at RB is average at best. He can fill in a few games but he is no way good enough to be starting at RB.

Yeah he's had more than two bad seasons since even though he's come 2nd/3rd in the Chelsea poty awards in 2010/11 and 2011/2012.......Not sure if you're making this up to suit your agenda, but Brana has always been a solid RB capable of swinging in a few crosses. Like I said he's had more good games than bad games at RB and if he's average at best he'd have been sold by now and not been a key figure under so many managers

Yeah he's had more than two bad seasons since even though he's come 2nd/3rd in the Chelsea poty awards in 2010/11 and 2011/2012.......Not sure if you're making this up to suit your agenda, but Brana has always been a solid RB capable of swinging in a few crosses. Like I said he's had more good games than bad games at RB and if he's average at best he'd have been sold by now and not been a key figure under so many managers

He's been a key player because of his ability to play at CB. In 20011/12 he was almost never used as a RB because AVB preferred Bosingwa and the injuries under RDM meant that he had to fill at CB most of the games. Last season he was only used at RB in the first two months under RDM but was almost never used at RB by Benitez who preferred Azpi. Why would he be sold? Last season he was our second best CB after Luiz.

He's been a key player because of his ability to play at CB. In 20011/12 he was almost never used as a RB because AVB preferred Bosingwa and the injuries under RDM meant that he had to fill at CB most of the games. Last season he was only used at RB in the first two months under RDM but was almost never used at RB by Benitez who preferred Azpi. Why would he be sold? Last season he was our second best CB after Luiz.

No because overall at his time at Chelsea he's played the RB position mainly and only covered at CB for injuries whether it was Alex, Terry. That's not true either, Bosingwa began the season at RB but then was replaced by Ivan who played more and more at RB and then RDM came in and preferred him to Bosingwa also. If he was an average at best RB he would have been sold in the 2011/2012 season when he must have been putting in these poor performances you speak of

No because overall at his time at Chelsea he's played the RB position mainly and only covered at CB for injuries whether it was Alex, Terry. That's not true either, Bosingwa began the season at RB but then was replaced by Ivan who played more and more at RB and then RDM came in and preferred him to Bosingwa also. If he was an average at best RB he would have been sold in the 2011/2012 season when he must have been putting in these poor performances you speak of

I'm talking about the past two seasons, and in the past two seasons he's played at CB much more than he has at RB. And he's done well at CB because he is one. That's why he wasn't sold despite his average performances at RB. And that's also why we went out and bought Azpi.

I'm talking about the past two seasons, and in the past two seasons he's played at CB much more than he has at RB. And he's done well at CB because he is one. That's why he wasn't sold despite his average performances at RB. And that's also why we went out and bought Azpi.

Except his worst ever display imo was at CB against Swansea last season.

Except his worst ever display imo was at CB against Swansea last season.

Not that he never made at CB, but that was strictly Benitez's fault. Our CBs had no passing options throughout the game and Swansea were constantly pressing them. Wrong back-passes were inevitable.

Not that he never made at CB, but that was strictly Benitez's fault. Our CBs had no passing options throughout the game and Swansea were constantly pressing them. Wrong back-passes were inevitable.

Yeah once, okay. But he did it twice. You can't deny that that was his worst performance ever for us. Single handily dumped us out of the cup IMO.

Although Swansea did press us, in no way those 2 goals came because of Benitez's fault. The 1st goal conceded came all because of a poor first touch by Ivanovic as he received the ball from Turnbull and the second one happened because of a under hit back pass and not aware of who's behind him.

Yeah once, okay. But he did it twice. You can't deny that that was his worst performance ever for us. Single handily dumped us out of the cup IMO.

Iva's distribution was never as good as JT's or Luiz's. The manager should not expect him to to find the right pass under pressure for 90 mins. You can't play Mata in goal and then blame him for conceding goals.

Although Swansea did press us, in no way those 2 goals came because of Benitez's fault. The 1st goal conceded came all because of a poor first touch by Ivanovic as he received the ball from Turnbull and the second one happened because of a under hit back pass and not aware of who's behind him.

Our CB's were under pressure for the whole 90 mins because they had absolutely no passing options. We played the game without a holding midfielder and no one from the 3 AMs dropped to receive the ball. The mistakes from Iva were inevitable, if not in those two particular plays then definitely in some other plays.

Iva's distribution was never as good as JT's or Luiz's. The manager should not expect him to to find the right pass under pressure for 90 mins. You can't play Mata in goal and then blame him for conceding goals.

Our CB's were under pressure for the whole 90 mins because they had absolutely no passing options. We played the game without a holding midfielder and no one from the 3 AMs dropped to receive the ball. The mistakes from Iva were inevitable, if not in those two particular plays then definitely in some other plays.

It was a simple underhit back pass to the goal keeper which he messed up twice. It wasn't like he tried to distribute in between players.

I don't like Rafa but I won't blame him for Ivanovic's dreadful mistakes.

It was a simple underhit back pass to the goal keeper which he messed up twice. It wasn't like he tried to distribute in between players.

I don't like Rafa but I won't blame him for Ivanovic's dreadful mistakes.

In those two passes he did make a mistake, but he must have played that pass over a dozen times in that match because the manager's mistakes left him stranded with out passing options. He was bound to get a couple wrong.

I was one of the biggest defenders of Rafa, but IMO he takes the blame for this one.

He didn't play more at CB in the season before last, Bosingwa's time as first choice RB didn't last that long and after about 3 months Ivan became first choice there. I really would like to see evidence for these average performances, as was pointed out had he been as average as you say then coming 2nd in the chelsea poty awards two seasons in a row and being selected in the PFA team of the season wouldn't have happened. His RB performances have declined since then, but that was mainly because back then he was a lot more leaner and pretty much the best RB in England along with Sagna, but even now he's still solid more often than not

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want a gif version of his close-up at the match today when he screamed and then made a weird face! Does anyone have that?

tumblr_mt5gclJMUR1r9vg1go1_250.giftumblr_mt5gclJMUR1r9vg1go2_250.gif

came here just to post it, and then I find you requested it :lol:

I'd be afraid if I were the guy he was screaming at. He looks like a psycho ready for the kill in the second - and I say this lightly, as a joke, so don't take those words seriously