Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

Dude, wake up. Ivanovic is just having his worst season as a Chelsea player. If you want to respect him because he is from Serbia and eats bricks for breakfest, feel free. The truth is if there is a defender that can make the odd brain-fart decision this season, this defender is Ivanovic.

I respect him because he's a good player. In fact I also think Luiz is playing much better this season but he needs to earn our trust that he won't make another brain fart.

I think you're being overly critical of Ivanovic though.

I respect him because he's a good player. In fact I also think Luiz is playing much better this season but he needs to earn our trust that he won't make another brain fart.

I think you're being overly critical of Ivanovic though.

Im not being overly critical, since Ive made 2 or 3 posts criticizing him, and we have members that get 4 or 5 posts each time Luiz made a mistake. Despite his mistakes, I still believe he is a good player and should stay as a Chelsea player for some more seasons. To other side we have people saying Luiz is shit and is the reason we lost every single match he is playing as a CB. Even when he is playing good as a DM we have people saying he is playing bad because of some minor issues.

Ivanovic to other side has made a lot of bad mistakes the whole season, and that goes unoticed. One week ago someone said he is our best CB in the squad...

Dude, wake up. Ivanovic is just having his worst season as a Chelsea player. If you want to respect him because he is from Serbia and eats bricks for breakfest, feel free. The truth is if there is a defender that can make the odd brain-fart decision this season, this defender is Ivanovic.

I do agree that some people tend to overrate certain players and be ultra critical of others. Ivanovic is one of our most consistent players, and a player whose position Chelsea has changed numerous times. It's a bit difficult sometimes to adapt and give your best game when you are bombing down the right wing and facing pacy defenders one week, and making clearances after crosses and marking PL's dangerous strikers next week.

He did good today and almost completely neutralized that Giroud clown who couldn't even fart next to Bane. He also did make a mistake which Cech thankfully cleared. I'm surprised with this 3rd mistake he's made in the last couple of games, but hopefully he will pull his shit together.

His partnership with Cahill is rather good, but like @DH1988 said, when balls gets played in space behind their backs, things tend to get messy.

I feel Ivanovic did alright this season. Not his best season, but let's not forget that not only him was having bad games in our defense before Rafa came and our attacking midfielders weren't tracking back as much. It's also not easy for him to play CB after playing RB for 2 and more years.

There are a few problems in our team, for the most part Ivan and Cahill have been good but as I said before those balls in behind kill us.

Lets not forget guys he hasn't played cb consistently for us until this season!

• 2 weeks later...

Cunt? Dear, wasn't surprised it was you posted it.

Sorry but someone who cost you the Community Shield and league cup, who plays a big part in our shambles in the Super Cup. And keeps making basic errors time and time again that cost you points. You don't deserve to be described in nice words.

Apart from trying to get more aerial presence in the team, what is the point of playing Ivanovic at RB?! He constantly backs off players. Allows them to run at him as well as letting crosses to come in so easily! What's the point?! Invites pressure to the team and has cost us several number of goals. And another 2 goals was added to the list - Newcastle's first and third! :rant: :rant: :rant:

I do not know what happened this summer, although ever since the pre-season he decidedly has not been the same. He has adopted a very casual attitude on the pitch - he even has a thug-ish attitude at time - just too much lax (add to that dives). He does regularly make mistakes that should not be made : misplaced passes, being caught out of position, letting players getting past by him easily, etc...

Someone has to give him a slap in the face - he is nothing short of a liability, at the moment.

I do not know what happened this summer, although ever since the pre-season he decidedly has not been the same. He has adopted a very casual attitude on the pitch - he even has a thug-ish attitude at time - just too much lax (add to that dives). He does regularly make mistakes that should not be made : misplaced passes, being caught out of position, letting players getting past by him easily, etc...

Someone has to give him a slap in the face - he is nothing short of a liability, at the moment.

Swansea games didn't help either. After that he has been so concentrated to up his mistake that his desire to do well gets better of him.