Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

Two horrible mistakes, it's not every day you see a defender of Ivanovic's ability do those, especially twice in the same match. Still, the overreactions from some people are ridiculous.

And why shouldn't he be homeless with the way he's been playing for the past two years? He hasn't done anything to deserve even one percent of the money he's earned while at Chelsea. :(

It's ridiculous to suggest we fine Ivanovic for underperforming once but thinking about the big picture, imo players should have some reasonable basic weekly wage and then a shitload of various bonuses based on how well they do on the pitch. That way they wouldn't get the feeling they've already done all the hard work and can relax with unlimited money rolling in every week.

I'm sorry but Ivanovic has underperformed a lot more than once this season. It's only now that people have the guts to say it after that god-awful performance from him tonight.

I'm sorry but Ivanovic has underperformed a lot more than once this season. It's only now that people have the guts to say it after that god-awful performance from him tonight.

Can you point out the games, aside from today of course, where Brana has either lost us points or have us knocked out of a cup? No one is faultless and so far this season Cahill, Luiz, Cole and Azpilicueta have all made much more mistakes than Ivanovic.

Can you point out the games, aside from today of course, where Brana has either lost us points or have us knocked out of a cup? No one is faultless and so far this season Cahill, Luiz, Cole and Azpilicueta have all made much more mistakes than Ivanovic.

Community shield and the Super Cup spring to mind. I think in the latter he was caught way out of position for at least two of the goals.

The truth is, if Luiz had made just one of those mistakes, there would be 30+ posts in his thread saying how bad he is. I'm sick of the double standards.

Correct me if I'm wrong but most of the comments since have been slating him. But I agree about Luiz, and if it was Lampard nothing would be said.

Are you kidding me? They were not 'unfortunate.' They were mistakes that came about from his dreadfully casual attitude and he should not escape criticism.

Look, they were two bad mistakes. Unfortunately ones that cost us the match. I'm not going to sit here and and keep going on about how bad they were. Just because some choose vent there frustration here doesn't mean everyone should. I'm sure we were all thinking the same thing when both goals were scored.

Swansea's MOTM, two great assists.

To be fair if it was Luiz we all would be slating him, you can blame Torres (he was shit) or Rafa (subs made too late) but at the end of the day Ivanovic was the one who gifted them two goals...

I still think this tie is far from over.

Community shield and the Super Cup spring to mind. I think in the latter he was caught way out of position for at least two of the goals.

Okay, I didn't see the Super Cup and didn't bother watching it after I saw the result but I'll take your word for it.

Now do the same for our other defenders and you'll see Brana hasn't done so bad after all.

Okay, I didn't see the Super Cup and didn't bother watching it after I saw the result but I'll take your word for it.

Now do the same for our other defenders and you'll see Brana hasn't done so bad after all.

But the fact is whenever Mikel or Luiz make so much as a tiny mistake, it will be brought up all the time. Yet Ivanovic makes big glaring ones and some people don't take notice or seem to always excuse them.

Like some others have said, double standards. But in my mind Ivanovic should be dropped, which has never happened this season even when Terry is fit.

But the fact is whenever Mikel or Luiz make so much as a tiny mistake, it will be brought up all the time. Yet Ivanovic makes big glaring ones and some people don't take notice or seem to always excuse them.

Like some others have said, double standards. But in my mind Ivanovic should be dropped, which has never happened this season even when Terry is fit.

Then say it to the people who bring it up. Why accuse someone of double standards they haven't criticized the likes of Luiz or Mikel if they make a mistake

Sure, I agree that the double standards with some people here are ridiculous but I can't really comment on that because I'm not the one bashing Luiz and / or Mikel, in fact I've been defending them just as I'm defending Ivanovic now.

I also agree that he should be dropped for a few games, but nothing too radical. He's been playing ridiculously high amount of minutes lately, as have others too, and it's starting to show on the pitch. Too little rotation early in the season is coming to bite us in the ass now.

Ivanovic has been playing awful since the beginning of the season. As a RB, while he was doing fine supporting the attack, he was playing really bad in the defence. He was doing fine as CB, untill tonight.

People saying Cahill and Ivanovic is our best partnership are idiots.