Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

Ivanovic is becoming a scapegoat unfortunately. He is super solid and a very good RB. A bit on the slower side but one of the best in the EPL without doubt.

That's why he doesn't get the credit he deserves, for some reason any full back who is fast get's plaudits even if their crap at every thing else. Bosingwa is the case in point, it wasn't until his flaws became glaringly obvious he got the overdue critics.

I can remember i was on another forum when Bosingwa was due to return from injury in 10/11, despite Ivan's appearance in PFA team of the year, most called for him to go back on the bench.

His escapades up the flanks do worry me sometimes. If he was slightly faster this wouldn't be so bothersome.

Realized earlier that he was actually somehow in the middle of the penalty box when Mata scored his second goal of the night.

Despite him scoring a good volley goal today, I was terribly by how annoyed he defended for Norwich's goal. Not for the first time he failed to close down or even put in any pressure on the Norwich player that cross in the ball that led to Holt's goal. He just kept backing off and off and allowed the cross to come in so so easily! :banghead:

Good to see Bane offer that much in attack, assist and a lovely goal for a full back is great.

He look awesome with a beard.

We should try playing him upfront in place of Torres. Already has scored 3 goals in the league this season...

I think he would play much better aganist Holt... i think he can stick to holt so much better and win headers aganist holt. maybe azelipeta should have came in at RB to defend aganist crosses.

but we won the game, so it doesnt really matters

I think he would play much better aganist Holt... i think he can stick to holt so much better and win headers aganist holt. maybe azelipeta should have came in at RB to defend aganist crosses.

Only thing that is preventing Azpilicueta starting over Ivanovic right now is that Ivanovic has more experience and possess that physicality to head out crosses and useful in defending and attacking set pieces.

Forgot to mention this but the cross he delivered in for Torres's goal yesterday was quality. First time he has done that in ages! One of the biggest factor in that was how quick he crossed the ball. Once Mata passed the ball to him, he immediately delivered it into the box at first time. Otherwise, he would have taken 2-3 more touches like most of the time and allowed the opposition to close him down and get back into their defensive shape which by then the chance have gone.