Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

It doesn't say domestic cups, it says non competitive games. Domestic cups are certainly competitive.

I mean, CWC and SC arent English domestic cups, so any ban which a player get in an English competition/match, doesnt apply to non English cups. Like, if you get a ban in the PL, you can still play in the CL, vice versa.

Martin Lipton makes a good point/observation about Ivanovic here...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/the-chelsea-column-on-the-community-shield-only-1258876

Chelsea can be thankful Branislav Ivanovic won't be suspended as a result of his reckless lunge and red card, although it might stiffen their resolve to land Spanish right-back Cesar Azpilicueta.

In truth, it was a red card that has been coming, too, for the Serbian hardman - and could so easily have been his third in as many games.

Television's candid camera caught the assault from behind on Wigan's Shaun Maloney that saw Ivanovic missing three games last season, including the FA Cup Final.

When he came back for the 4-1 mauling at Liverpool, he was lucky not to see red again for smashing his elbow into Andy Carroll's chest and the crude and ludicrous nature of Sunday's challenge allowed no real argument - not, in truth, that there was one.

Ivanovic seriously needs to calm himself down especially this weekend against Wigan when the referee is the same as the one in last season's 2-1 home win over Wigan. Can't give Mike Jones any chance to redeem himself after what happened back then.

Just realized something in that Martin Lipton article. Ivanovic did not miss the FA Cup Final. He was suspended for the Fulham, Tottenham and Arsenal games after that only. Was back in time to play against Liverpool in the final.

Yeah ivanovic really needs to start disciplining himself. World class defender but he's letting himself down with poor tackles & needless challenges.

He's a really likeable guy so I hope he doesn't ruin his reputation.

Just realized something in that Martin Lipton article. Ivanovic did not miss the FA Cup Final. He was suspended for the Fulham, Tottenham and Arsenal games after that only. Was back in time to play against Liverpool in the final.

Yeah, I was gonna say...he did have to play CB in that match though, due to the infamous Cahill and Luiz injuries.

love this guy but he really needs some anger management classes. played against wigan and was suspended, deserved to be suspended against pool in the 4-1 defeat for elbowing carrol and now a straight red, if this goes on and we may have to buy not just cesar but also a cb because iva gives us that freedom to play with 3 natural cbs in the squad as he is their to fill the shoes of the 4th one.

Apart from the goal, which was very well taken, he was just terrible today. I'm going to assume he's having some fitness issues since he's been a very consistent performer during his time at Chelsea, but he needs to improve soon. I wonder if he had the same issues in his previous seasons as well. If I remember correctly, he didn't play all that much during the first few games of each of last season and the one before, and instead Bosingwa and Ferreira were preferred to him.

He wasn't that bad, i feel certain people are jumping on the 'hate Ivanovic' bandwagon. Luiz had poorer games last season yet no one ever said anything because he's a 'joker'.

Oh, and it's funny how a couple of months ago he was one of the best RB's in the league, now people are saying he's too slow, and needs replacing... :lol: