Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

People give Iva way too much crap on here.

I have had a few performances where I have cracked it at him while watching, but people talking as if he has been poor the whole season defensively? Seriously? He is still a better player than Azpi, and if instructed to do so, he'd defend better than him too. He is a brick wall, and 1 on 1 is still one of the best, if not the best defender in the league.

I never see people cracking the shits at Azpi for never providing anything up front, yet Iva cops it if he isn't having a good day crossing it, or having a little trouble at the back.

He is the best RB in the league, still. He has been asked to play more offensively, so clearly there will be a little less to give defensively. Plus he plays on Cahill's side, so cut him some slack.

I know I'm a dying breed and I acknowledge there are reasons why many don't share my opinion but I actually love our entire squad. Its the first time in a long time I can say that without hesitation.

Brana is a beast, has warts but definitely fits with Chelsea FC like a glove to a hand

People give Iva way too much crap on here.

I have had a few performances where I have cracked it at him while watching, but people talking as if he has been poor the whole season defensively? Seriously? He is still a better player than Azpi, and if instructed to do so, he'd defend better than him too. He is a brick wall, and 1 on 1 is still one of the best, if not the best defender in the league.

I never see people cracking the shits at Azpi for never providing anything up front, yet Iva cops it if he isn't having a good day crossing it, or having a little trouble at the back.

He is the best RB in the league, still. He has been asked to play more offensively, so clearly there will be a little less to give defensively. Plus he plays on Cahill's side, so cut him some slack.

This this and this. All of Azpilicueta's mistakes are never spoken of despite the fact he contributes very little in attack (okay, not entirely his fault). Apart from the odd performance here and there, he's had a pretty okayish season up till now, nothing special. Ivanovic has been the better player this season.

This this and this. All of Azpilicueta's mistakes are never spoken of despite the fact he contributes very little in attack (okay, not entirely his fault). Apart from the odd performance here and there, he's had a pretty okayish season up till now, nothing special. Ivanovic has been the better player this season.

Azpi doesn't really make any mistakes. On form, I'd say from a strictly defensive point of view, he's the best defensive fullback in the world.

He had some trouble in the City game, and one more here and there. But overall, dude is a defensive monster.

Azpi is best 1 on 1 defender in legue. No way is Iva better than him. Offensively yes, but not defensively.

Iva makes some decisive stuff here and there, but should not be forgotten that he is also at fault for few goals and made some serious mistakes in dangerous areas.

He had a rough patch recently when he made silly mistakes defensively but even offensively he wasn't the same Brana that started the season brilliantly. I think he looks better now.

You can't expect every player to be perfect at everything. It's a trade off most of the times. If he's going to contribute like this offensively he can be excused for some of the mistakes he makes, although not all of them. Plus he is one of the experienced like Drogba and Terry, which makes him very important for us.