Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

He's visibly upped his game in the last couple of weeks. Have to admit that, despite my criticism of him earlier in the season, he really is starting to show a bit more consistency. Okay, he was terrible in the first half against City and especially careless in possession, but besides that 45 minutes he's been rock solid and a real menace from an offensive viewpoint. Fair play son.

Would you not label your favourite player drogba a warrior then? (I'm not disagreeing , I don't like to see it either) ,

Not necessarily, no. Especially if the definition is someone who just tanks through everything and just gets on with it. Didier is more of a leader than a warrior.

Besides, we ourselves booed Didier when he was diving in the early stages of his Chelsea career. The same needs to be done to Brana if he keeps at it (though he has gone quiet on that front since being criticised I'll admit).

He's visibly upped his game in the last couple of week.

He was great today, but it was only the one game to be fair. I'm struggling to remember a recent game where he played as well as he did today. Hoping he can find some consistency now and stop giving me mini-heart attacks during every game.

One of the only players with the mentality of a true champion. We have some great players like Hazard (or Oscar, and many others) that in this moments we can't rely on them. We have that in Ivanovic.

hahahahahhahahahahahah,,, :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Surprised to see him mentioned for MOTM. The goal was pretty awesome, but even though I couldn't watch the match properly, I could see he was out of position a few times and he completely lost Okore for the goal, he didn't even know where he is.

Why does he find it so hard to maintain concentration?

His awareness is poor, granted.

But it would be unfair if you had an absolute bulldozer of a defender who has a surprising turn of pace AND perfect mental awareness.

I'm sorry, but he just frustrates me so much. When the going gets tough, he can frequently turn in excellent (sometimes match-winning) performances; when he is feeling the pressure he often rises to the occasion. This is why so many fans (and Mourinho himself) hold him in such high regard.

However, I maintain that a player as prone to losing concentration as he is should simply not be guaranteed starts every single game, regardless of the qualities he may possess. Many of us have noted with annoyance that the team seems particularly prone to throwing away leads this season, and that problem is going to persist if Mourinho continues to let Ivanovic get away with his lax defensive play.

Yesteday's game is a case in point; the team appeared to be attempting to cruise through the game after having taken a one-goal lead, and all it took was for Ivanovic to completely lose Okore (whom he was clearly supposed to be man-marking) in the box and we had lost our lead. Of course, Ivanovic then proceeded to clean up his mess with the game-winning goal, and I DO give him credit for that, but I would rather find myself giving him credit for a game in which he defended well and contributed to a clean-sheet instead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2944598/Branislav-Ivanovic-scored-Chelsea-s-win-Aston-Villa-s-giving-Blues.html

He do it on purpose, in all post match photos. Maybe as a sympathize with what happened on Costa and Jose.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2944598/Branislav-Ivanovic-scored-Chelsea-s-win-Aston-Villa-s-giving-Blues.html

He do it on purpose, in all post match photos. Maybe as a sympathize with what happened on Costa and Jose.

I got the impression that Oscar and Willian's photos with him were taking the piss out of him for missing the changeroom photo.

Credit to Ivanovic for popping up with the winner on Saturday. However, on the other hand, he was found wanting again defensively for Okore's goal. Was marking him at first but then completely lost him and caught ball watching as the ball came into the penalty area.

Absolutely hopeless and Mourinho praised him so much after the game for scoring the winner, almost turning a blind eye on the fact that it was him who made the mistake for Villa's goal in the first place and caused us to go search for the winning goal. :doh: