Chelsea 3 - 0 Wolves

ZAPHOD2319

Expect Fofana injury, perfect week. Two comfortable wins at home with lots of rotation, Broja first goal, Chukwuemka debut, Mount finally strong performances.. 

Curious what will happen with Mendy.. Kepa seems comfortable.. not really reason to drop him.

Feels like they've been given instructions to shoot and cross as speculatively as they like, as long as they're playing aggressively. Feels like a big change to the conservativeness of Tuchel, who I always felt didn't have the faith in our defence to allow a little more risky play up front.

Wonderful watching the team now. Koulibaly had his first v good game for us as well, like a rock at the back.

Feel like this team is levelling up towards starting to get some 6-0 results. Reminds me a bit of the peak Carlo days, where he man-managed everyone into playing at a supremely high level individually and brought some fresh tactics to the team.

On 07/10/2022 at 11:00, Fulham Broadway said:

We will batter them

On 07/10/2022 at 11:18, Reddish-Blue said:

I hope we continue the winning trend but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we unnecessarily dropped 2 more points this season!

Never in doubt as far as I was concerned. Been watching long enough now, can sense it.

We have a great spirit in the club - English core and Potter with his Social Science degree, knows about motivating and allowing people to express themselves. Bit like me at TC.

Great game overall apart from the conversion rate. We finally appear to be clicking into gear. GP's gamble to rest some players paid off, hopefully Thiago is not injured tho.

That being said the opponent was extremely poor, we should have won by more but we simply are not a clinical side, esp if we leave our recognised strikers on the pitch. Broja made quite a differene when coming on. Absolutely ecstatic for him to score, his goal was amazing as well, powerful, inch perfect shot. The ref really tried to shaft us today, not even booking Matheus for all his nasty kicks and petulant behaviour was just laughable. As was that ridiculous offside on the goal, he was not even close to the offside line as any sane individual could have seen at night.

The scoreline certainly flattered Wolves, as we really ought to have won by 6 or 7 at least.

It was great to see Broja grab his first senior goal for us. Such a clean strike.

Edited by LAM09

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

The scoreline certainly flattered Wolves, as we really ought to have won by 6 or 7 at least.

It was great to see Broja grab his first senior goal for us. Such a clean strike.

The way he scored is something we’ve drastically missed from our STs

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mendy is just so so horrid with ball

It’s not even like Kepa is that much better with the ball at his feet, he just doesn’t take lots of stupid chances. When Mendy isn’t being pressed and hurried his distribution is fine.

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The way he scored is something we’ve drastically missed from our STs

I agree. If given an extended chance, I honestly expect him to fill the CF void we've had for years.