Chelsea 3 - 0 Wolves

ZAPHOD2319

Wtf happened with Wolves, btw? I haven’t watched them at all in recent weeks but I was very impressed by them in the first few weeks of the season. In fact, they were one of the teams I thought could make a real push for top 5-6 when I watched them. Looked solid all over the pitch. So they just imploded since?

Classic trap game for us then after the high of yesterday. 

45 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wtf happened with Wolves, btw? I haven’t watched them at all in recent weeks but I was very impressed by them in the first few weeks of the season. In fact, they were one of the teams I thought could make a real push for top 5-6 when I watched them. Looked solid all over the pitch. So they just imploded since?

Classic trap game for us then after the high of yesterday. 

When they were good, they were playing back and springing a wicked counter. They pretty much forgot about the counter this year.

10 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Diego Costa back to Bridge 😄 

Little bit crazy that he only left 4 years ago but Azpi and Kanté are the only ones in the squad(ok, can count Ruben aswell) who were his teammate.

Is this his first time back? Struggling to recall if we played Atletico with him in the lineup. 

Even though he left the club in acrimonious circumstances, I think he'll still be warmly received.

Playing Wolves at a good time. No Neves, Neto or Collins. Collins is their best defender. Neves is their best midfielder and Neto is their best winger. Traore isn't 100% yet also as although he has poor end product, is always a threat. Also won't have a new manager in time for the game.

This stat is shocking -

Chelsea are targeting a third successive home Premier League victory for the first time in over a year.

And this one is not any better -

Chelsea are seeking a first win in five games against Wolves. The last three meetings have been draws.

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Is this his first time back? Struggling to recall if we played Atletico with him in the lineup. 

Even though he left the club in acrimonious circumstances, I think he'll still be warmly received.

I am not sure, maybe yes. But by the time it wasn’t surprising, but I didn’t see him facing us in the Premier League, especially after he returned(and failed) to Brasil.

10 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

No we got them in the group the year he left but he couldn't be registered due to signing after the window.

I think now he will get a good reception but he wouldn't have been so much if he made an early return with Athletico with the situation still raw.