Graham Potter Thread

ZAPHOD2319

11 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Why would he want him and then not want to play him? This summer there was a lack of talent on the market in general and besides, tuchel didn't even want to be in charge of transfers. 

He was caught in an odd place after the interview. If that interview had not happened, Lukaku would have been on the team sheet every game until injured.

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The point is Abramovich would never have hired him in the first.

Not so sure about that, this is the bloke that hired the sack of shit with the urine drinking wife.

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Question : When was the last time England produced a world class manager if ever? 

If you're struggling to answer that, then its self evident. Get this useless fuck outta here 

Not struggling - my immediate thoughts were World Cup winning Alf Ramsay and Sir Bobby Robson -if youre talking British Bob Paisley, Bill Shankly, our own Dave Sexton was good.

Anyway my point stands if Boehly and the Hedge fund managers just want a trophy club as a profit making cash cow and are not interested in success -getting rid of Potter and replacing is a pointless exercise. We're fucked

It has never been the profile of these owners to spend just enough and sock away profits. They have always been spend big, develop young talent for the team or profit, and create a brand of winning that sells a lot of merch.

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It has never been the profile of these owners to spend just enough and sock away profits. They have always been spend big, develop young talent for the team or profit, and create a brand of winning that sells a lot of merch.

I read on here a while ago that they create a winning profile and then sell off percentages when the club hits a high. We really are becoming arsenal...

Every step with what they have done with the team has been completely in line with what they did with the Dodgers, they have not deviated not once. I think they really believe in Potter long term and will not be swayed by short term set backs. They are looking at the return at the end of ten years and that return depends on a strong team winning with several feeder clubs. If their vision is the same as what they did with the Dodgers, it is to have a world class team with world class facilities that attracts both top players and top investors. They are about profit, but they look for big profit from have a major brand that sells everything. 

4 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Including itself?

It will depend in ten years on how much the income stream is versus how much they can sell for. Over that same ten year period for the Dodgers they paid $2B and the team is valued at $4B and they are happy with the revenue streams and have no intention to sell. You just never know when you are owned for profit. The great thing is over the next ten years Chelsea will benefit from them trying to make us the biggest brand they can.

look at the revenue stream they have over expenses, this after spending a lot on the team and facilities.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/los-angeles-dodgers/?sh=329f788023ae

Seems a few of you are going to have to get used to the new ways round here, no more hire and fire at will, I for one am happy with that, we will lose some fans to man city and others for the next few years for sure, the abramovich fans I call them.

This is perfectly the reason we should have clinged to Tuchel for dear life. And everybody said that.

And fun thing is fans of opposite teams are all in for Potter just as we were all in for Ole, because that meant utd will not be a threat for us, so that's telling.

Edited by Vegetable

I'm going to say it again. Potter was hired because he is a yes man. He was hired because tuchel didn't agree with the board whereas potter will agree with anything like a loyal dog. He will keep giving his 'positive' boys gave everything interviews. He is not turning anything around and in 3 years, we will be wallowing in mediocrity because noone will want to touch us after 2 years out of CL.