Graham Potter Thread

ZAPHOD2319

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

I mean it was at the end could easily have seen them winning after they scored...but we shouldn't even been in that position! Once we scored it was just back to shitty shit play

Forest clearly targeted our right side that second half. Azpilicueta has no legs and Koulibaly plays like an 18 year old. Add the fact our midfield couldn't position themselves to transition out of a press and our attack failing to hold onto the ball. 

We really need to get these next signings right, because every signing so far as been a mare. 

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

I mean it was at the end could easily have seen them winning after they scored...but we shouldn't even been in that position! Once we scored it was just back to shitty shit play

We were lucky to go 2-0 up at Bournemouth because you seen again what we saw tonight in the second half against them: a lack of aggression, a lack of compactness, huge gaps down the sides. Set pieces also wow we are so fucking abysmal at them. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Just said to Sky when they asked for his take on the game right at the beginning “Its a hard earned point” ….. then said we took a step forward against Bournemouth…… Jesus christ.

Honestly, he should be sacked for that. This isn’t Brighton. A hard earned point against the team in the bottom 3 of the league. Embarrassing. His mentality isn’t right for the level in which we should be reaching for.

Funny how top managers will not hesitate to say "I am a knobhead, don't know what I was thinking and the players were shit tonight, move on" and others will say this meaningless stuff and start dancing in circles. Not the right character for this position.

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

Time to give Luis Enrique a call and if his phone is switched off, then give Bielsa a ring....

At least with Bielsa we would go out swinging. 

Hell, just pick up the phone and apologize to TT, it's that easy 😆

The worst part is that inability to sack Potter is not only about Boehly's ego, but admitting obvious mistake here would be indirectly admitting all the transfers and changes in club done by him could be just as bad and this is obviously out of the realm of possibility. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

We were lucky to go 2-0 up at Bournemouth because you seen again what we saw tonight in the second half against them: a lack of aggression, a lack of compactness, huge gaps down the sides. Set pieces also wow we are so fucking abysmal at them. 

Yep! And then you saw Arsenal yesterday just go go go the whole game. They conceded 2 but scored 4 and just kept running. Our play also is to keep going backwards and hope no one takes advantage. Was annoying under Tuchel and annoying still the same

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

As if he is coming after today.

I guess it's not like he could bail out of transfer prepared for months because he didn't like the game. If it's done, it's done.

And btw, it was just one of many horrendous Chelsea games, so either players are aware of what goes on in the club or are a dumbasses and deserve being shafted.

Edited by Vegetable

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I mean, we've literally just convinced the world's best young midfielder.

Hopefully yeah. Convincing Benfica will be another thing though. 

Players will always want to leave certain leagues and want to come here but still I think the “we’ve convinced him” is more like that we are the only club at present who genuinely seem interested in paying the clause/more than the clause. Because its well noted he wants to move this window. If it were the summer window and all the big boys were throwing their cheque books about, we’d likely be 3rd, 4th, 5th choice lets be honest.

Lets hope we get it done but not very hopeful re the negotiations with Benfica.

Potter would have gone by now under Abramovich. The Premier league, Championship and even League 1 is littered with multi millionaire and billionaire owners that are quite content for their clubs to tick merrily along in mediocrity as a cash cow.

Its becoming increasingly apparent we are now in that category.

14 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Potter would have gone by now under Abramovich. The Premier league, Championship and even League 1 is littered with multi millionaire and billionaire owners that are quite content for their clubs to tick merrily along in mediocrity as a cash cow.

Its becoming increasingly apparent we are now in that category.

See it looked like he had a clue when sacking Tuchel even if seemed rash..and now who knows maybe it was just a moment.

What exactly did Potter do at Brighton ?? I mean their football was OK but nothing out of the ordinary right? Somebody please tell me he was producing something special!?

I'm confused because what I'm seeing him do here so far is fucking tragic. Haha 

It's soo bad I laughed for a good full 5 minutes to myself like a madman... 

Hes acting very strange.

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

See it looked like he had a clue when sacking Tuchel even if seemed rash..and now who knows maybe it was just a moment.

Think it was -Tuchels head was all over the shop apparently with his long marriage breakdown - should have been given some time out

Wasn't Tuchel fairly clear that he didn't wanna be in charge of transfers and just wanted to manage a team?  So then Clearlake sacks him and ultimately hires an entire staff to do the things Tuchel didn't wanna do from the start?

confused-no.gif

Boehly and Potter seem to share the same, corporate mode of operation when they reassure each other with buzzowords like vision, plan, long term process etc and this reassurance is far more important, than the material reality. Plus Potter seem to be very confident of his position in the club, so as long as we favor facts over pr statements, we are doomed.