Denis Zakaria

James

Was a very good player in Germany and even if he didn’t play a lot for Juventus (people saying he was a flop based on 11 games are clueless but not as if over the top comments based on stupid assumptions). 

His profile is exactly what we needed IMO - tall, strong, quick, good in duels, sound technically - so lets see how he does. I think the PL will suit him a lot more than Italy and the Saul comparisons are unfair (although again Saul did start showing after a while, whilst nothing special that he wasn’t half bad either). 

Was linked with a lot of top clubs prior to going to Italy too. But apparently a “flop” based of 11 games…. Or thats what I gathered from some peoples opinions in the transfers thread 😂

Edited by OneMoSalah

Actually am a little excited about seeing him in PL. He was one of the top 3 DMs in Bundesliga and almost joined Bayern twice. I wanted us to sign him back in 2019.

His stats suggest that he did indeed not fall off a cliff completely following his injury. In fact he pretty much still delivered that 7/10 every game he played but he just was handed down the pecking order by the signature of Pogba, Paredes while there are still rabiot and Locatelli at Juve...

He might not have developed into a huge version of Kante as I had hoped but he might still very well be a very fast version of Mikel which I would be totally fine with. It will be interesting whether he even gets enough game time to regain his rhythm and confidence, if he does he will be a great addition, if not we have not committed any resources so overall great deal.

He will be our new number 20, confirmed.

image.thumb.png.e161deedaad9598628302ac96906da19.png

Whoever wrote down the last sentence needs to be fired immediately.. Seriously, Deco over Paulo Ferreira? PF was the man.. When I was 13 and went to Stamford Bridge for the first time in 2006, I bought a Ferreira number 20 shirt. And he was later cool enough to hand it to Deco because he didn't give a fuck about such things.. 

So better get your stuff together, Denis!

29 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

He will be our new number 20, confirmed.

image.thumb.png.e161deedaad9598628302ac96906da19.png

Whoever wrote down the last sentence needs to be fired immediately.. Seriously, Deco over Paulo Ferreira? PF was the man.. When I was 13 and went to Stamford Bridge for the first time in 2006, I bought a Ferreira number 20 shirt. And he was later cool enough to hand it to Deco because he didn't give a fuck about such things.. 

So better get your stuff together, Denis!

Paulo was a True gentleman on and off the pitch. Great in his prime, important part of that greatest ever PL defence but became a liability after hitting 30 just like Ivanovic and Azpi more lately. 
deco was the bigger name which is probably what the statement is referring to. I liked deco tho bc he had much better chemistry with Lampard than Ballack had while offering something different. Was already declining tho when he joined us at 31 for 10m I think. Nowadays they would probably have quoted us 30 

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Actually am a little excited about seeing him in PL. He was one of the top 3 DMs in Bundesliga and almost joined Bayern twice. I wanted us to sign him back in 2019.

His stats suggest that he did indeed not fall off a cliff completely following his injury. In fact he pretty much still delivered that 7/10 every game he played but he just was handed down the pecking order by the signature of Pogba, Paredes while there are still rabiot and Locatelli at Juve...

He might not have developed into a huge version of Kante as I had hoped but he might still very well be a very fast version of Mikel which I would be totally fine with. It will be interesting whether he even gets enough game time to regain his rhythm and confidence, if he does he will be a great addition, if not we have not committed any resources so overall great deal.

Cheers for that -knew fuck all about him. Sounds promising.

Genuinely intrigued by Zakaria. He looked a genuine superstar in the making a couple of years ago and seeing a couple of videos of him post injury he doesn't look like he's had the drop off that is being assumed. Hopefully it's just a case of Juventus wasn't the right move for him. 

Easy to compare to Saul, but let's not forget we put together a similar deal for Kovacic a couple of years ago and that went a lot more successful.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If he gets going, would certainly add some much needed size and power into our midfield.

I miss the days where our team literally were units, almost every position had an international captain or full international,  no team could bully us and I'd always look forward to the Stokes etc coming up against Ballack, Terry, Drogba etc.

On 03/09/2022 at 05:24, Superblue_1986 said:

Genuinely intrigued by Zakaria. He looked a genuine superstar in the making a couple of years ago and seeing a couple of videos of him post injury he doesn't look like he's had the drop off that is being assumed. Hopefully it's just a case of Juventus wasn't the right move for him. 

Easy to compare to Saul, but let's not forget we put together a similar deal for Kovacic a couple of years ago and that went a lot more successful.

Will know when he starts out but I find it difficult to imagine it will be a Saul repeat - Saul's debut was a horror show - deer in headlights situation