Scolari - Hands off Essien

the wes

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has issued a 'hands off' warning over Michael Essien, despite a whole host of other top clubs coveting the midfielder.

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho's current club Inter Milan have been the latest side to be linked with the player, with Sulley Muntari claiming Essien would be an ideal addition to their squad.

But Scolari insists he wants to keep Essien, who is currently battling to regain fitness after damaging his cruciate knee ligament while playing for Ghana in September.

The Chelsea boss said: "Inter, AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid all want Essien but he is injured and he is at Chelsea.

Stay

"If I stay for three years I don't want him out, I want him to stay with me.

"This is because he is very good player who can play in five positions very well. He is young and dedicated. He is our player and I think he is happy here."

Despite rumours of a return in January, the 25-year-old is not setting a specific date for a comeback.

But Scolari believes it could be sooner rather than later as Essien, who had been expected to be out for most of the season, is working overtime to be fit.

Recovering quicker

He said: "Michael Essien is good news for me everyday. He is recovering quicker than we thought.

"He comes here at 10.30 in the morning and doesn't go until four in the afternoon. He tries to come back early. It is good for us. He is a fantastic example for other players.

"I don't want to put pressure on him but I think we will have good news sooner than we expected."

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes January............ the month after December :whistling:

Could be the middle of January or the end, but January was mentioned as he was making good progress and is ahead of schedule.

That means he is almosr 2-3 months ahead of schedule....well done Essien

As much as I want to see him back, I don't want him to be rushed back into action only to suffer the same injury again, and we should not risk him until he is 100% fit. Nevertheless, I'll state the obvious and say he is arguably our most important player in terms of defence and attack, and he is a rock at the back and his driving surgers forward almost always lead to goalscoring opportunities.

As much as I want to see him back, I don't want him to be rushed back into action only to suffer the same injury again, and we should not risk him until he is 100% fit. Nevertheless, I'll state the obvious and say he is arguably our most important player in terms of defence and attack, and he is a rock at the back and his driving surgers forward almost always lead to goalscoring opportunities.

I agree http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SKAWuA7v2A4

I agree http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SKAWuA7v2A4

He agreed an improved contract with us just after Mourinho was spouting his shit in the summer about taking his pick of our players, so its not like he actually wants to leave Chelsea anyway.

But I agree, Real Madrid can be the first club on the list to go fuck themselves.

With Man City in number 2.

They haven't really done anything to us. The rumours are all the media's doing IMO and it wasn't their fault they got Robinho.

Agree R Madrid can go f*ck themselves tho'.