3. Marc Cucurella

manpe

Cucurella becomes a Blue

Chelsea chairman Todd Boehly said: ‘Marc is an elite defender of proven Premier League quality and he further strengthens our squad going into the new season. We continue to work on and off the pitch, and we’re delighted Marc will be a part of the present and future at Chelsea.’

Behdad Eghbali and José E. Feliciano , co-controlling owners, said: ‘We’re very excited to bring Marc to Chelsea and he is another key part of our squad building as we enter the new season. We’re all looking forward to getting started on the pitch now, and Marc only adds to that feeling. We welcome him to the club!’

Edited by manpe

Excited about this signing because I really did not expect a left-wing back upgrade. Was resigned to the fact that it would be Emerson/Alonso or at best Maehle type of signing. Will be a huge leap from Emerson/Alonso to having a fit again Chilwell competing with Cucurella.

I think he will need some time to adapt, clearly he has a good skillset and ability but I think the jump in quality and teams sitting in against us most weeks as well as looking to punish spaces that the likes of him and James will leave trying to get forward, it will maybe take him a bit of time to hit that level he was for Brighton at times.

Good signing either way.

15 hours ago, Last Sicarius said:

Really good signing. He can play as LCB, LB, LWB. Even more like winger. As we are playing 5 back he is really big upgrade. And we will not see Alonso :3

We don't PLAY 5 AT THE BACK!!!!!!! 343 the fucking clue is in the formation fml 

4 hours ago, Kong said:

We don't PLAY 5 AT THE BACK!!!!!!! 343 the fucking clue is in the formation fml 

I really do not get why people get so upset about 343 when their solution is to go 433 and with a DM. 

Edited by King Kante

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I really do not get why people get so upset about 343 when their solution is to go 433 and with a DM. 

It's blows my mind really does lol villa just played 433 and Bournemouth played 343. Villa couldn't break them down at all and lost 2-0 lol 

Edited by Kong

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

4-3-3 your attackers are higher up the pitch, you also have more bodies in the middle. Forces the opposition much more work to man mark everyone. 

22 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

4-3-3 your attackers are higher up the pitch, you also have more bodies in the middle. Forces the opposition much more work to man mark everyone. 

But in a possession based team, traditionally, if your number 6 is of the ilk that the likes of a Jorginho, Busquets, de Jong (at Ajax) are then 9 times out of 10, they drop into the space between the two central defenders or in the zone just in front of them when the teams in possession as most modern day CBs go out wider and play higher. So you’ve still basically got 343.