17. Carney Chukwuemeka

manpe

Chukwuemeka signing confirmed

On completing his move to Stamford Bridge, Chukwuemeka said: ‘It’s been quite hectic but I couldn’t get Chelsea out of my head the last few days so I’m just happy and relieved that it’s all done.

‘I’m so excited and just can’t wait to get on the pitch, meet all the players and try to win games and trophies with Chelsea.’

Todd Boehly, chairman, said: ‘Carney is one of the most exciting young players in Europe so we are really looking forward to seeing him in action at Stamford Bridge. We are delighted to be able to bring him to Chelsea and add such a talented young individual to our squad for the new season and beyond.’

Behdad Eghbali and José E. Feliciano, co-controlling owners, said: ‘We are building for both the now and the future so signing one of the hottest teenage talents in English football fits with both those aims. Chelsea have shown that young potential can be fulfilled at this club and under our ownership we are determined this will continue. We are looking forward to Carney thriving here.’

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Chukwuemeka signing confirmed

On completing his move to Stamford Bridge, Chukwuemeka said: ‘It’s been quite hectic but I couldn’t get Chelsea out of my head the last few days so I’m just happy and relieved that it’s all done.

‘I’m so excited and just can’t wait to get on the pitch, meet all the players and try to win games and trophies with Chelsea.’

Todd Boehly, chairman, said: ‘Carney is one of the most exciting young players in Europe so we are really looking forward to seeing him in action at Stamford Bridge. We are delighted to be able to bring him to Chelsea and add such a talented young individual to our squad for the new season and beyond.’

Behdad Eghbali and José E. Feliciano, co-controlling owners, said: ‘We are building for both the now and the future so signing one of the hottest teenage talents in English football fits with both those aims. Chelsea have shown that young potential can be fulfilled at this club and under our ownership we are determined this will continue. We are looking forward to Carney thriving here.’

One thing I noticed about this video, right at the very end he said welcome to the first team dressing room, we he replied amazing look at all these names, and that bit that got me was he responded with "get used to it" maybe a hint this guy will get more first team football than we think.

Edited by Kong

1 hour ago, Kong said:

One thing I noticed about this video, right at the very end he said welcome to the first team dressing room, we he replied amazing look at all these names, and that bit that got me was he responded with "get used to it" maybe a hint this guy will get more first team football than we think.

Nah you're reading too much into it, it was just chit-chat between the two. There is no way the interviewer would know how much he would play.

9 minutes ago, Kong said:

I think people in Chelsea would know if a payer had been bought to loan or to play first team football.

It's been pretty much established that he's staying. I was addressing "maybe a hint this guy will get more first team football than we think" by saying that there is no way a reporter would know how much first team action someone will be getting.

Edited by manpe

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Impressed by him. Absolutely it would be mental to extend Mount's contract for hefty money when this guy is upgrade on him. 

Smart thing would've been to buy Enzo, sell Mount and promote Carney to the first team but we all know Enzo ain't comin, 300k 6 year contract for Mount coming and Carney will be behind RLC, Rice and Sangare.

Edited by TheHulk

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

It's ridiculous that Lamps pulled him off from u20 World Cup when he is not using him at all. For Hall it made sense because of injuries but why now? 

He will probably play against City. Enzo/Ruben/Gallagher starting. 

Ugh. 

• 2 months later...