Everton 0 - 1 Chelsea

12 minutes ago, lucio said:

Tuchel if he doesn’t ditch the system , is absolute dogshit. He’s a good coach he should see this 

It's dogshit at the moment because of the players who have been playing in it.

Wait until Cucarella gets going on that wing.. and hopefully we can see Kante and Jorginho sidelined soon. They literally offer the sour sum of fuck all to be honest. Kante has regressed soo much its sad to see. Jorginho was a bag of shit too bar the penalty. We need Gallagher in that midfield with Kova and hopefully FDJ.. how thats going to work, I don't know. 

49 minutes ago, DDA said:

It's dogshit at the moment because of the players who have been playing in it.

Wait until Cucarella gets going on that wing.. and hopefully we can see Kante and Jorginho sidelined soon. They literally offer the sour sum of fuck all to be honest. Kante has regressed soo much its sad to see. Jorginho was a bag of shit too bar the penalty. We need Gallagher in that midfield with Kova and hopefully FDJ.. how thats going to work, I don't know. 

You’re right , I’d sell jorginho for peanuts and just use kante sparingly 

I seriously miss Sarri, Imagine his football with players we have. People say it is players, but recall how many opportunities Kante and Kovacic/RLC had making runs into the box.

Tuchel plays not to lose, even with a striker less Everton he plays with 3 CB.

There is just not enough players creating danger. 

How to effectively use havertz? question still remain can't be solved even after 2-3 years.

To be honest, bar his performance in ucl campaign and really just a very few good matches ( when it's only about he scored some goals not because his overall performance)

Doesn't matter where he play, as striker, wide forward, winger, advanced midfielder or whatever his position is, most of the time he look like average attacker during his tenure here.
The player around him and also tuchel doesn't help him much aswell, because our attacking play in too many matches just piss poor and non existent as unit

Edited by dimmas

Havertz I really don't know what his position is, what I do know is he's not a striker, he's not a false 9, he's not a wide man, he's not a MF...I like some of the stuff he does, but he just drifts in and out of games from any position.

And whilst on the subject Mason Mount imo is not a wide man, he needs to be playing in the 10 role behind the striker, but that when we get one.

So the only real forward we have atm is Sterling.

I really thought we would address this situation, we let Arse nick Jesus, I can't believe we let this happen, ffs Sterling>Jesus👌

If we go in at the end of the transfer session without addressing this problem, I don't have any idea how we'll end up... well I do but don't want to think about it.

The new signings give me hope. Koulibaly and Sterling had a good game. Cucurella showed a good eye for a pass out of trouble. There's a zip to his game that is missing from many in the XI

At this stage of the season all that matters is the win.

Liverpool looked awful yesterday and dropped points as a result. Arsenal blew out after half hour and rode their luck in the second half on Friday night. 

I couldn't care less about the performances right now, at this stage of the season you dig in and grind out and I think an away win at Everton is a massive start considering the recent form and results we've had there.

We looked undercooked which seemed to be the case throughout pre season seeing as we played so little games and instead seemed to go on a PR exercise during the summer. That fitness needs building up and will over the coming weeks but should question the balance of pre season between promoting the club and preparing for the new season. 

The biggest positive was the new signings. They genuinely looked a cut above our other players on the pitch. Particularly impressed watching Cucurella's cameo, just his ability to spot and execute a pass out of a press sounds simple but I see very few capable of doing so regularly and effectively.

On 03/08/2022 at 20:20, manpe said:

Surely a win is overdue? I predict a tidy 1-0 win.

Called it. 🤓

I like how Azpi shat in the faces of pre-game naysayers. Well done skippy! Our whole backline did a good job. Koulibaly solid, he's gonna be an absolute TANK once he fully adapts. Noticed he charged forward to the box once or twice, a sign that he's perhaps gonna be eased into the marauding CB role like Rüdi. 

Cucurella in 25 minutes showed what he's gonna bring to us - energy to harass opponents and get up and down the pitch, crisp passing, pace. Encouraging! 👍

Was Havertz even on the pitch? Don't remember a single action with him. Surprisingly it was Sterling down the middle, don't know if that was the best idea. I'd rather Raheem play right or left of Broja, give Havertz some time off until he gets his act together. Broja was not spectacular, but at least I noticed him more in 25 mins than Kai in 75 mins.

Mendy MOTM for me. Pulled some hard saves which were the difference between a draw/loss and a win.

And the main thing was getting a win at our bogey ground, whatever way possible, and we did it! 3 points closer to the title😜 💙 

Edited by manpe

Havertz is a real problem. 

Is it himself or the is it the system failing him?

Either way, he needs to be dropped fro the Spurs game and let Broja play as the Sriker.

I would actually let Broja play as the striker in every game going forward if we don't buy another forward. Fuck it, give it ago.. it can be any worse than Havertz... so what do we have to lose?