Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

26. Kalidou Koulibaly


Recommended Posts

Welcome! Just what we needed. 🙂

Koulibaly is one of only a few CBs that could have replaced Rüdiger and not be a downgrade. My biggest worry is how will he adapt coming from Italy, but looking at how defenders tend to excel at Chelsea, I worry about that much less than if he was an attacker. All the stories about his mentality and leadership indicate that he will get on just fine here.

I'm liking how our backline is looking - a nice mix of experience and youth, quality, physicality, hunger, leadership... Just need to get one more CB and a RB to complete it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kong said:

How long have we waited for this guy to finally wear our shirt!!!!

I have wanted him here since mid season 2014/2015, when he showed, after the Genk to Napoli transfer (a steal for them at only around £7m), that he was indeed a Big 5 league level beast CB

he should be going into his 8th season with us

 

look at that 2015/16 disaster team's (10th place!) CB's

their ages then are listed

he would have made a MASSIVE difference starting then

8f8bb4836560a03a69245c6fba848948.png

 

what disastrous summer and winter transfer windows that season too

pure dogshit, save for Pedro, and to a far lesser extent, Asmir Begović

£23.4m for Baba! that is closing in on £29m now in mid 2022 quid due to inflation over the past 7 years

https://www.officialdata.org/uk/inflation/2015?amount=23400000

59b522d202e574eb4969dccae39a4120.png

2271c4cb60eccda0726eb906f0347b78.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have wanted him here since mid season 2014/2015, when he showed, after the Genk to Napoli transfer (a steal for them at only around £7m), that he was indeed a Big 5 league level beast CB

he should be going into his 8th season with us

 

look at that 2015/16 disaster team's (10th place!) CB's

their ages then are listed

he would have made a MASSIVE difference starting then

8f8bb4836560a03a69245c6fba848948.png

 

what disastrous summer and winter transfer windows that season too

pure dogshit, save for Pedro, and to a far lesser extent, Asmir Begović

£23.4m for Baba! that is closing in on £29m now in mid 2022 quid due to inflation over the past 7 years

https://www.officialdata.org/uk/inflation/2015?amount=23400000

59b522d202e574eb4969dccae39a4120.png

2271c4cb60eccda0726eb906f0347b78.png

Tbf we tried to sign him really hard but the poison dwarf was reluctant so we unearthed his Senegal teammate djilobodji. We even made a profit on him 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Tbf we tried to sign him really hard but the poison dwarf was reluctant so we unearthed his Senegal teammate djilobodji. We even made a profit on him 

I recall one of those past attempts we supposedly offered £58m from the start, but it turns out Marina tried to lowball the poison dwarf with a ludicrous £38m initial offer, which enraged him and he ended up telling us to fuck off when we actually met his initial price later on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How good is K2? I'll be honest and say whenever I have seen him (this has been limited) he has reminded me a bit of what I term a 'hipsters' idea of a great player. By this I mean he does everything in the good to very good range, but because he physically looks like a top CB, his good/very good play gets made out to be world class. 

Is this fair or is he genuinely world class? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

How good is K2? I'll be honest and say whenever I have seen him (this has been limited) he has reminded me a bit of what I term a 'hipsters' idea of a great player. By this I mean he does everything in the good to very good range, but because he physically looks like a top CB, his good/very good play gets made out to be world class. 

Is this fair or is he genuinely world class? 

genuinely WC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

OK

So when I said sign him 3 years ago, you amongst many others said no!

What's changed?

me?

I wanted him so so bad years ago

3dddb2aac554fc94ba3f5c25e7cc500b.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only watched the first half of the Arsenal game but I caught Koulibaly's highlights. I thought he looked pretty good from what I saw; optimistic about him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...