Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, Jype said:

If the guy is right, Zouma.

So Zouma wants to stay and play second fiddle to the likes of Rudiger Christensen and co...let him go Sevilla then as part of Kounde deal...

Edited by Alabama

Just now, Pizy said:

Zouma thinks he’s too big for WH.

I don't think that's true. Earlier reports have all said Zouma would be happy to join West Ham, but perhaps they just couldn't offer him a good enough contract or something.  

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

No Koundé then. Zouma thinks he’s too big for WH.

Too big? In all seriousness, why would anyone leave a club you just won a CL at to play for West Ham? When your in your prime years essentially?

If he wants to stay and fight for his place/be a second choice, fair enough. He has his limitations but he’s not the worst option to have and we aren’t exactly poor/short defensively either so him remaining hardly scuppers any urgent needs. 

I mean are we urgently needing a CB? Spending 80m on someone who for all we know might sit on the bench anyway considering how much Azpi improved at RCB and Rudiger at LCB when Tuchel came in would be a curious use of money. I mean is Kounde displacing any of those 2 and Thiago Silva immediately first game of the season in a back 3 which probably will be our shape again this season?

I get he’s a talented boy but theres more pressing needs ie someone to take the burden of Ngolo in central midfield and a top striker upfront are more urgently needed than a CB as it stands. Also someone to challenge Reece at RWB.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Too big? In all seriousness, why would anyone leave a club you just won a CL at to play for West Ham? When your in your prime years essentially?

If he wants to stay and fight for his place/be a second choice, fair enough. He has his limitations but he’s not the worst option to have and we aren’t exactly poor/short defensively either so him remaining hardly scuppers any urgent needs. 

I mean are we urgently needing a CB? Spending 80m on someone who for all we know might sit on the bench anyway considering how much Azpi improved at RCB and Rudiger at LCB when Tuchel came in would be a curious use of money. I mean is Kounde displacing any of those 2 and Thiago Silva immediately first game of the season in a back 3 which probably will be our shape again this season?

I get he’s a talented boy but theres more pressing needs ie someone to take the burden of Ngolo in central midfield and a top striker upfront are more urgently needed than a CB as it stands. Also someone to challenge Reece at RWB.

I mean, that’s all well and good from his perspective but by all accounts Koundé is an absolute priority for TT. Which means he has a very specific need for a CB of that profile and thinks he will be a key player.

Not delivering your manager a player he really wants because the 4th choice CB wants to stay doesn’t bode well.

Just now, Alabama said:

Link?

https://www.repubblica.it/sport/calcio/mercato/2021/08/04/news/effetto_lukaku_sul_campionato-312957659/

Says on there Inter have decided to accept offer of €120M + 8M bonuses, and Inter have already begun searching for a replacement.

Not a done deal yet but looks like it should be completed in a matter of days.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I mean, that’s all well and good from his perspective but by all accounts Koundé is an absolute priority for TT. Which means he has a very specific need for a CB of that profile and thinks he will be a key player.

Not delivering your manager a player he really wants because the 4th choice CB wants to stay doesn’t bode well.

Well not necessarily but its not just on Zouma either, is it?

The club can clearly afford to pay the buyout clause (based on £85m + Alonso bid for Lukaku) but are trying to cheapen Sevilla by shoehorning someone in who doesn’t want to go by sounds of it or by trying to sell Zouma to West Ham to generate funds. 

Cant just spit the dummy out at Zouma can we? Just go and give them the €80m if hes that key a priority… would make more sense than haggling or throwing in Emerson/Alonso/Zouma/whoever isn’t necessarily a first choice player. Trying to throw in Zouma and lessen the price would indicate that perhaps TT and the club see how much of a priority Kounde is differently? I would hope a CB wouldn’t be the top priority.

All for good value for money but again, if he’s that big a priority…. give them the €

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

https://www.repubblica.it/sport/calcio/mercato/2021/08/04/news/effetto_lukaku_sul_campionato-312957659/

Says on there Inter have decided to accept offer of €120M + 8M bonuses, and Inter have already begun searching for a replacement.

Not a done deal yet but looks like it should be completed in a matter of days.

If the reports is anything to go by...then it's done...

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/atalanta-Chelsea-to-have-meeting-on-monday-to-discuss-potential-abraham-transfer

Di Marzio is saying Atalanta are interested in Tammy and are planning to sit down with Marina if Inter get Zapata off them as Lukaku's replacement. Getting Lukaku could have a domino effect that ends up with Tammy being sold to Italy for a decent enough value (says there Atalanta would have a budget of €40M for a striker).

Think Abraham would be good at Atalanta if they can gather up the money and Tammy himself is willing to go to Italy. Under Gasperini their team create A TON of chances to their striker and if Tammy gets service without having to do much in the build-up he will shine.