Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, Jype said:

Well considering that's still more than twice what our highest scoring player got in all competitions last season I'd say that's a reasonable amount to expect from Lukaku. I'd be delighted if he got more, but 25 across all comps would already be enough for me. 

I don't buy the 'Lukaku will make the team play worse overall' arguments. He's there to put the ball in the net and last season the main strikers failed at that job. Whether it was Tammy, Giroud, Werner or even Havertz playing in the striker (or false 9) role the team created tons of chances for the attacker but the biggest problem was putting them away and Lukaku will help massively with that. 

Abraham scored 30 goals past 2 seasons in around 4500 mins (which equals 50 games). Plus 12 assists and penalties won. But for 99% of fans Tammy is shit.

Looking at this numbers it is fair to assume if Tammy is our number one striker every game he will give you 20-25 goals per season... But it is not enough, people want more in overall play...

So this is major concern people have with Lukaku, he will score a lot of goals but will he give us that more?

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Abraham scored 30 goals past 2 seasons in around 4500 mins (which equals 50 games). Plus 12 assists and penalties won. But for 99% of fans Tammy is shit.

Looking at this numbers it is fair to assume if Tammy is our number one striker every game he will give you 20-25 goals per season... But it is not enough, people want more in overall play...

So this is major concern people have with Lukaku, he will score a lot of goals but will he give us that more?

Lukaku, while not perfect either, is a much better overall football player than Tammy Abraham. I don't see how that's even up for debate?

26 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

If Lukaku come here and bangs in 30 goals in all competitions for us, i will gladly donate 10 euros to TC.

The thing is, it doesn’t even have to be 30 in all comps to be a good deal for us.

Diego Costa only ever scored 21, 16 and 22 goals in all comps in his 3 years here and we won the league twice. Then Drogba only ever scored 20+ twice in his whole Chelsea career, 06/07 and 09/10 seasons.

If Lukaku gets 20+ in all comps we will win more games 100% and thats without considering what Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Mount may all contribute, which hopefully is closer to 10 goals and some of them to surpass 10 goals. 

Lukaku is certainly much better and more clinical than everyone we have in forward areas, considerably. 

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tammy’s good enough to score goals but he is clearly a second choice striker at a big club. 

Lukaku was bad for a period of that last season with United undoubtedly but if people actually watched him at Inter and realised he’s a much better all round player, instead of going off this assumption he’s a championship footballer they’d maybe understand hes not as bad as they think at that side of the game.

Granted not Benzema or Lewandowski for instance but who is? People complained about Diego Costa’s hold up play “destroying moves” and were delighted when we replaced him with Morata too, look how that backfired in terms of losing Costa’s aggression and physicality.

I mean is Haaland an excellent all round player, who is brilliant at linking up and playing with his back to goal CF? I mean do people watch every Dortmund game or Norway game? Was Sergo Aguero that player when were linked? I mean honestly, I would of liked to see us go for Lautaro Martinez though if we were looking to be a more fluid front 3 as he can drop in the pockets and does that linking up a bit more and better but someone like Haaland or Lukaku indicates Tuchel and the club want a more physical striker who is likely to be less involved outside the box but still guaranteed to get you close to that 20+ or above every season.

Edited by OneMoSalah

20 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Good point -Tammy is far more prolific than a certain Mr Drogba at that age

5 minutes ago, Jype said:

Lukaku, while not perfect either, is a much better overall football player than Tammy Abraham. I don't see how that's even up for debate?

It is not. I agree. I am just saying Lukaku will score 20-25 goals next season for us but that does not guarantee him having a good season. Ask United fans.

People say he improved massively in Italy but lets see that on pitch first.

I am looking forward for him to destroy majority of smaller teams which we need.

What I really think about Lukaku can be said in just one sentence: Had he played that final on may 29 in Porto we would have lost it. 

Tuchel has good record against top teams. Lukaku will only make it worse.

Will he be able to score against lower sides, maybe in the first two months, like he did at United, and later not so much. He struggles against smart defenders, and plenty of those in the PL.

He is too expensive and it will be expected from Tuchel to deliver title with him, when in reality he can deliver only that fourth place we already can reach without him.

Awful, awful signing that is only a continuation of the bad transfer decisions this club is has taken the last 5 years or so.

I am so disappointed. I simply can't see him scoring goals with ease here like he did in Italian League.

If Tuchel decides to bench him due to his potential underperforming what will happen? 

Disaster in the making. He is, at the best, top fourth striker and not in any case, title wining one. 

Edited by laura90

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Moriba from Barca very close... Should be done next week. Barca want around 20-25m but with one year left on contract not sure they can get that.

I am intrigued by Moriba, no way Barca can get 25m. Looks like an upgrade over Lewis Bate.

People make the argument for Lukaku there are no other option beside Haaland and he is not available. Why not try for a 36 year old Ronaldo, he outperformed Lukaku who is In his prime. 

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Surely Tammy has to stay if Borja goes out? 

Why? Lukaku, if signed, will already play more minutes than Tammy+Giroud combined under Tuchel.

If Lukaku is injured or rotated, there is still Havertz and Werner who can play instead and that means more minutes will open up for the likes of Pulisic and Ziyech. If anything, I'd say there's still one player too many for everyone to be fully happy with their roles.

Edited by Jype