Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

So, as I am bored and cannot get to sleep I thought I would take a look at what Leicester fans think of Chilwell as I simply cannot believe some people think he is worth anything over £30m. Here are some of the things they say: 

His erraticness in the final 3rd is every bit as bad as Jeffrey Schlupp's, but to be fair at least Chilwell was never a striker in his early years so its not been his main priority when learning his craft.

I just struggle to believe his end product will improve enough to be considered one of the best left backs in the league and Europe, which is what the media are alluding he is given the prices bandied about. Happily sell, we've often looked more of a cohesive team without him just like we did without Maguire last season when he was unavailable. He is the one asset we could afford to lose and it not make us immediately weaker.

£55m + add ons and i'd have a lockdown party.

I think Chillwell has a real lack of footballing intelligence. He doesn't see the pictures on the pitch that the best players see. He's got so much pace and ability to dribble yet he rarely tries to beat a player and pull the ball back. It's probably his greatest ability and he doesn't use it. It's infuriating. 

Well if we didn't replace him we would become immediately weaker. Whenever Fuchs plays you appreciate what Chillwell offers in actually getting us up the field, Fuchs barely crosses the half way line these days.

We could absolutely sign a replacement that would be cheaper and improve the position though.

It's so annoying because he's so close but he has the ball much more in the opponents half and doesn't seem to improving in this area. If I was Rodgers, I'd have him up against a couple of the u23s with the sole aim of bursting past them and putting hard low cross into a dangerous area. He reminds me of Schlupp so much. The amount of time i'm willing him to just knock it past a right back, sprint past him and whip a cross in. It's like he doesn't realise he's rapid.

Happy to see chilwell leave. Of all the players linked with moved away he’s probably the most replaceable and least important. So if he’s the important player that leaves this year I’ll take that.

Just hope we can get telles in. That would be a major upgrade.

6 hours ago, milka said:

Juventus are reportedly in talks with #Chelsea over an instalment offer for Jorginho, Adrien Rabiot or Aaron Ramsey could be part of the deal. #CFC Tuttosport

Ramsey? Lol. 29 year old on apparently 400kpw. Piss off.

Would not mind rabiot though. But does not solve the main issue - the kai fund.  So a hard pass. I hope we go for de ligt. Do a direct swap.

Offload rudiger for which ever team is willing to put up with his "bambi on ice" routine. And use that money for the fund. 

4 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Ramsey? Lol. 29 year old on apparently 400kpw. Piss off.

Would not mind rabiot though. But does not solve the main issue - the kai fund.  So a hard pass. I hope we go for de ligt. Do a direct swap.

Offload rudiger for which ever team is willing to put up with his "bambi on ice" routine. And use that money for the fund. 

Yeah, Ramsey have fuc* off. He is 29, injury prone, on £400k a week and is boarderline lightweight. I do actually think he is a good player but he is certainly one we do not need. 

De Ligt would be a dream but I do not see it. We would have to chuck in Jorgi, Emerson and some money to pull that one off and even then, I do not see Juve going for it. 

As for Kai, we'll see. I have not really been buying into the links as I believe 99% of sport journalism is now just click bait. However, if we do get him the worry will be what is left in the budget for defence and the GK. They are surely the biggest priorities right now. 

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

Why is Havertz value so high? I hope he is available for less than 60m or we can sweeten the deal with one of our offloads?

1. The best german talent in the recent years

2.  Wanted by many big clubs around the world (Bayern, Barca, United, Liverpool, Madrid, Chelsea)

3. Has been consistently scored 15+ goals in the last 2 seasons

Matt Law on our transfer targets...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/08/chelsea-alert-kai-havertz-pushing-bayer-leverkusen-exit/

Chelsea have been handed a huge boost in their bid to sign Kai Havertz after it emerged the attacking midfielder will tell Bayer Leverkusen that he wants to move this summer.

Havertz’s desire to leave Bayer this year puts Chelsea at the front of the queue of clubs to sign the 21-year-old, ahead of Real Madrid.

Real need to raise the money to make an offer for Havertz, while Bayern Munich had been interested in signing the German international next summer following their deal to sign Leroy Sane from Manchester City.

Chelsea may still face a battle over the fee with Leverkusen, with the German club wanting around £90million for Havertz and the Blues valuing him at closer to £70m. But his desire to leave in the forthcoming transfer window should strengthen Chelsea’s negotiating power.

Chelsea will also be helped by the fact they took another big step towards qualifying for next season’s Champions League with a 3-2 victory over Crystal Palace.

That result, coupled with Leicester City’s draw against Arsenal, moved Chelsea up to third place in the Premier League table with four games remaining.

Qualifying for the Champions League would boost head coach Frank Lampard’s transfer budget by around £50m. Leverkusen missed out on qualifying for Europe’s biggest competition.

Having already signed Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech, Lampard will need to raise funds if he is to complete all the incoming business that he wants to this summer.

Other than Havertz, Lampard has prioritised signing a new left-back. Ben Chilwell remains his top target, but Chelsea are aware that Leicester City will hold out for a fee in the region of £70m.

Lampard and Chelsea will also decide whether or not to make a move for a central defender and a goalkeeper, but both situations are likely to depend on whether anybody leaves.

Chelsea would most likely want to make space for a new defender by selling one of their current centre-backs, while the future of Kepa Arrizabalaga may well dictate whether or not Lampard can sign a new goalkeeper.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

I would be interested to know what the actual transfer budget it. Sure we got Hazard and Morata money and some money left over from not being able to spend. However, surely this Covid business has taken it toll on the finances? 

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I would be interested to know what the actual transfer budget it. Sure we got Hazard and Morata money and some money left over from not being able to spend. However, surely this Covid business has taken it toll on the finances? 

The Hazard money practically covers the Werner and Ziyech purchases, with some leftovers. 

Otherwise yeah but but people have seen saying we have tons of money... 🙃

The Hazard money practically covers the Werner and Ziyech purchases, with some leftovers. 
Otherwise yeah but but people have seen saying we have tons of money... [emoji854]
If Real wins La Liga, we get some of the add ons that were put in the contract.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

If Real wins La Liga, we get some of the add ons that were put in the contract.

Yes, that money will help us buy Havertz, a GK, a LB and new CBs...

Just now, killer1257 said:

No, but addional 15 million helps with that

But like what King Kante said, what is our transfer budget? What is the estimated amount that we will have to spend? 

People like to draw up scenarios that we sell this player, that player to get money but let's face it, those are all hypothetical scenarios right now. We still need to sell them first before talking about having the money for certain. Moreover, we are in the middle of a pandemic and while we are in a better financial position than most clubs, god knows how much the club have been hit financially by the situation. If the latest reports are true, then it is telling that we want to pay the Havertz fee in installments. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've ever done that before. Havertz will obviously cost more than we've ever paid for a player but still. And that is just one player we're talking about here. The club are still targeting a LB, CB and probably GK as well. 

But like what King Kante said, what is our transfer budget? What is the estimated amount that we will have to spend? 
People like to draw up scenarios that we sell this player, that player to get money but let's face it, those are all hypothetical scenarios right now. We still need to sell them first before talking about having the money for certain. Moreover, we are in the middle of a pandemic and while we are in a better financial position than most clubs, god knows how much the club have been hit financially by the situation. If the latest reports are true, then it is telling that we want to pay the Havertz fee in installments. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've ever done that before. Havertz will obviously cost more than we've ever paid for a player but still. And that is just one player we're talking about here. The club are still targeting a LB, CB and probably GK as well. 

Are you sure that Chelsea has never done paying in installments? Because all the teams usually pay the bigger transfers by paying the fee in installments. Barcelona does that all the time, Real Madrid does that all the time too. I think all the big clubs do that. So I would not be so sure why we should be the only club that does not do that.

But I agree. We have bigger problems than AM. Me personally, I would be fine with a new GK, CB and Havertz. I could live with that because Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, CB and new GK would be an amazing transfer window.

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Are you sure that Chelsea has never done paying in installments? Because all the teams usually pay the bigger transfers by paying the fee in installments. Barcelona does that all the time, Real Madrid does that all the time too. I think all the big clubs do that. So I would not be so sure why we should be the only club that does not do that.

Like I implied, I am not 100% certain and feel free to correct me but I am just going off based on what is normally reported when we buy players. I don't recall seeing anything about us paying fees in installments and our highest fee paid so far is only 70 million, which is not very high considering how crazy today's market can be. 

100m€ in today’s market is too much. Hopefully we have money to spend. We can sell 2-3 players so we haven’t any problems.I don’t think so that there’s a team to afford this amount (except us). 
Bayern can’t buy sane AND havertz. Real Madrid obviously they can’t spend 100m€in one player . 

So the road is clear and open for us.