Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Yes sure because a 2 year deal is a serious and respectable offer to make to a 24 year old player who was ever present last season captaining the side on multiple occasions. Nothing to do with he is someone they’ve been actively trying to sell… 

Although maybe thats Clownlakes new policy now? Going from offering 5-7 year deals with the option of another year, to 2 year deals with the option of another year.

He’s not very good and is a poor fit for the new system , why should he get a massive deal ?

If Gallagher had the exact same season he just had for West Ham or Everton or Bournemouth and we were linked with him for £50m or even £35m our entire fanbase would be in Chernobyl level meltdown. And if one of our rivals were doing the same we’d be laughing at them for buying him instead of a truly elite level midfielder. 

5 minutes ago, Wise Old Man said:

He’s not very good and is a poor fit for the new system , why should he get a massive deal ?

I admit Gallagher is not suited for new system but he has beautiful hair so it's worth keeping. There's a sentiment involved with him. 

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

Also, just for historical accuracy, in the 21/22 PL he had 11 goals and 10 assists in 32 matches.
So, the narrative that he "only" had those 7 CL games is pretty much incorrect.

On the other hand, if his current form and fitness are his norm, then the club was right in not making the effort to renew his deal.

Conor hasn't really done a whole lot for the club any way you look at it.

10 of those 11 goals came against teams from 16th place to 20th. 4 against worst team Norwich. I spoke a lot about Mount first 3 seasons and narrative was always he scores rarely and only against worst teams and majority assists come from set pieces. Always believed he was Championship player but uncle Frank made him a career although he is exposed last couple of years. 

Also find it surprising that you are rating him considering you are Brazilian who traditionally are all about Joga Bonito 🤙 He is the opposite, without talent and just industrial work horse which when said about attacker is horrible. If born in Brazil he wouldn't be allowed to play beach football. 

30 minutes ago, Wise Old Man said:

Maybe he will be a poor fit - don’t necessarily think that as such - but regardless there is a way of doing things. Sends the wrong message dicking him about with this daft 2 year contract offer that realistically no professional footballer of his age with an ounce of self respect would sign.

Was the same shit with Mason in February 2023 with that 200k p/week 1 year extension offer - although was a bit different as he’d made it clear he wouldn’t resign for wages on offer. The club tried to spin it as a way to take pressure off of contract negotiations and said they would renegotiate further down the line which was bull, they just wanted more leverage to demand a higher fee when it came to selling him. 

Its blatantly obvious what they are trying to do with Conor and looks like they will finally get what they want - although not for £50m - as Atletico move sounds like it may happen. Lets just hope that it works out but the club are more than likely trying to save face by informing the media about how it was a top financial packages in line with other high earning players at the club etc. I mean why else would details like that miraculously make it to the press 👍?

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If Gallagher had the exact same season he just had for West Ham or Everton or Bournemouth and we were linked with him for £50m or even £35m our entire fanbase would be in Chernobyl level meltdown. And if one of our rivals were doing them same we’d be laughing at them for buying him instead of a truly elite level midfielder. 

Again missing the point….

And even then, Conor was one of our best players last season so not sure what you’re trying to prove here with such a statement?

Could say if anyone of our players (barring a handful) had the same season they had last season for another club ie. WHU or Bournemouth, we wouldn’t consider signing them for £35m or £50m…. and some of these guys cost a lot more than that!

Edited by OneMoSalah

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

And even then, Conor was one of our best players last season so not sure what you’re trying to prove here with such a statement?

Connor was one of our best players last season because he suited poch, just ran and ran and ran and he was the perfect player for the way poch wants his teams to play, he's also a perfect fit for A Madrid, are you saying you want Connor to stay or are you happy with him leaving? Because if you want him to stay why? If u like him surely you want him to go and actually play for a team he will thrive in rather than sitting on the bench to rot? 

25 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Connor was one of our best players last season because he suited poch, just ran and ran and ran and he was the perfect player for the way poch wants his teams to play, he's also a perfect fit for A Madrid, are you saying you want Connor to stay or are you happy with him leaving? Because if you want him to stay why? If u like him surely you want him to go and actually play for a team he will thrive in rather than sitting on the bench to rot? 

I mean its clear he will be leaving. I think him staying would have saved us needlessly spending £30m on KDH that could have been spent elsewhere. Also just like Chalobah and Disasi last summer. Needless spending on players that don’t make a real improvement on what we already have for whatever reason.

Based on what I saw v Club America from KDH he just looked like a link player between midfield and attack, looked to run beyond the attackers at times and get in to the box. Tell me what role did Conor play last season? More of less the exact same one. I suppose when we sell Broja we will probably spend whatever we get for him on a homegrown CF of the same calibre too? 

The whole way that people are turning this into a Gallagher is being greedy/wrong/should be grateful he even got an offer narrative etc when he’s being actively forced out the door is ludicrous though. I mean if this is how the club are going to continue treating academy players to comply with financial issues due to scattergun spending then they deserve every bit of criticism they have and will continue to get. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

43 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe he will be a poor fit - don’t necessarily think that as such - but regardless there is a way of doing things. Sends the wrong message dicking him about with this daft 2 year contract offer that realistically no professional footballer of his age with an ounce of self respect would sign.

Was the same shit with Mason in February 2023 with that 200k p/week 1 year extension offer - although was a bit different as he’d made it clear he wouldn’t resign for wages on offer. The club tried to spin it as a way to take pressure off of contract negotiations and said they would renegotiate further down the line which was bull, they just wanted more leverage to demand a higher fee when it came to selling him. 

Its blatantly obvious what they are trying to do with Conor and looks like they will finally get what they want - although not for £50m - as Atletico move sounds like it may happen. Lets just hope that it works out but the club are more than likely trying to save face by informing the media about how it was a top financial packages in line with other high earning players at the club etc. I mean why else would details like that miraculously make it to the press 👍?

Again missing the point….

Could say if anyone of our players (barring a handful) had the same season they had last season for another club ie. WHU or Bournemouth, we wouldn’t consider signing them for £35m or £50m…. and some of these guys cost a lot more than that!

36 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Spot on, @YorkshireBlue. Repeatedly saying “he was one of our best players” in a season in which we were dogshit for much of it isn’t some massive achievement. He thrived is a chaotic, system-less team.

Again, he is a good player. He’ll run around nonstop, disrupt play, work his socks off, and chip in with a rare goal or assist. He is a pure “passion player.”  Someone who, if you watched him playing for a lesser team, you’d say “yeah, he’s a solid midtable midfielder.” 

17 hours ago, Strike said:

We tried to sell him for a decent price but he didn’t move. Now we sell him this month or risk getting nothing. How are people believing we will get any more money for Connor? There is no market 

We're talking about the present, not the past. I don't know where you are getting the idea that Atletico is the ONLY team interested in him. If Gallagher thinks he's better than the likes of Palace or West Ham, that's a whole different story in itself.

Recent developments mean it's only a matter of time till he leaves regardless of how low the offer might be.

Edited by LAM09

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

10 of those 11 goals came against teams from 16th place to 20th. 4 against worst team Norwich. I spoke a lot about Mount first 3 seasons and narrative was always he scores rarely and only against worst teams and majority assists come from set pieces. Always believed he was Championship player but uncle Frank made him a career although he is exposed last couple of years. 

Also find it surprising that you are rating him considering you are Brazilian who traditionally are all about Joga Bonito 🤙 He is the opposite, without talent and just industrial work horse which when said about attacker is horrible. If born in Brazil he wouldn't be allowed to play beach football. 

Your points are contradictory though: you don't value enough huge performances on the big stage. And at the same time you said that his PL record was against smaller clubs. So, which one was it?

If we get that sorted than I can answer the second part. 😉

Edited by robsblubot

21 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Your points are contradictory though: you don't value enough huge performances on the big stage. And at the same time you said that his PL record is against smaller clubs. So, which one was it?

If we get that sorted than I can answer the second part. 😉

I value ofc huge performances but one or two games don't say anything about certain player even at biggest stage. Only goal in World Cup final doesn't make Gotze top player. He had disappointing career considering expectations. You know who made assist for that goal? Schurrle who year later left from Chelsea and had bang average career. 

Mount played EURO and World Cup for England and I remember whole nation was screaming for him to be dropped all tournament and in the end he was both times. Cup finals are big games and in 2022 he cost us two trophies. Missed sitters and crucial pen. 

Also everyone looked great in that Tuchel team at least in CL campaign. And going into details Mount didn't do much against Atletico. Was even suspended for second leg. Scored great goal against Porto but they are mid table PL quality. Even goal against Madrid was dead goal late in the second leg when Madrid went all attack. We would progress even without it. Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech, Giroud, Emerson, Chilwell all scored goals in that knockout stage. 

In general, he was always frustrating attacker because he is missing in 80% of games so cannot justify his place in a team. This is about prime Mount. This current one idk, he is just there to collect paychecks. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I value ofc huge performances but one or two games don't say anything about certain player even at biggest stage. Only goal in World Cup final doesn't make Gotze top player. He had disappointing career considering expectations. You know who made assist for that goal? Schurrle who year later left from Chelsea and had bang average career. 

Mount played EURO and World Cup for England and I remember whole nation was screaming for him to be dropped all tournament and in the end he was both times. Cup finals are big games and in 2022 he cost us two trophies. Missed sitters and crucial pen. 

Also everyone looked great in that Tuchel team at least in CL campaign. And going into details Mount didn't do much against Atletico. Was even suspended for second leg. Scored great goal against Porto but they are mid table PL quality. Even goal against Madrid was dead goal late in the second leg when Madrid went all attack. We would progress even without it. Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech, Giroud, Emerson, Chilwell all scored goals in that knockout stage. 

In general, he was always frustrating attacker because he is missing in 80% of games so cannot justify his place in a team. This is about prime Mount. This current one idk, he is just there to collect paychecks. 

One thing I've learned is that we shouldn't discuss opinions if we disagree about the facts. Nothing you wrote above makes any sense to me, so, agree to disagree.

I'm glad that England finally sorted their Mount problem though.

Edited by robsblubot

If we manage to stay more or less injury free, Gallagher’s absence shouldn’t be felt that badly. It will be harder to take our 6 point off Palace, as he scores against them for fun. 😀

As for the price we are one of the 10 biggest/richest clubs in the world. Every one of these clubs buys players mostly on inflated prices and sells for cheap. Only way to get top money is a transfer between these clubs. 

On 30/07/2024 at 23:46, mkh said:

After having their first offer of 18 million euros (5M fixed + 13M triggers) turned down

lol, I started reading that and thought that was the Atleti offer for Gallagher!!

almost reflex tossed a glass at the wall

🤪

On 31/07/2024 at 12:38, Reddish-Blue said:

the rest of the squad is one of the weakest I've seen at Chelsea in a long long time, particularly in key positions such as GK, CB, ST.

this is true

especially at CB

where I really believe we are fucked