Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 19/07/2024 at 07:30, Vesper said:

I cannot believe Manure stole a march on Real like that, especially considering Yoro saying for a long time that his dream of dream club was Real

and all he had to do was wait and go there on a free (so major signing bonus for him) in 11 months (he will only be 19yo then!!!)

It is the first wrong call I have made in ages in terms of who Real would pull

I do not remember the last time they failed in a transfer they truly wanted, one who then left for another club (Mbpappe they got, they just had to wait)

and they need CBs BADLY, its their big weak spot, that and fullbacks

they only have one truly healthy good CB atm, Rudiger, and he turns 32yo in spring

Alaba is still out for a long spell (maybe until winter) with a massive knee injury and is almost 9 months older than Rudiger

and Militao is back but not at all fully right yet, he barely played in the CL (12 minutes the entire competition) and was very poor for Brasil in the Copa America

Vallejo is garbage, worth less than 1 million quid, and will surely be dumped, was terrible for them when he played, and missed most of all of last season on loan with a horrid leg break and then major depression for the last 6 months

7b88483c9797fba22d28825315b9d20a.png

I would be in absolute full panic mode if we swapped all our CBs for all of theirs, and all of you know how unhappy I am with most of our current CBs

For Yoro it is a tough one though. He was only getting just under £350k per year which equivalates to less than £10k p/w. He obviously wants to go Real and yes he probably was pressurized by Lille into accepting it and could have waited for a season, however anything could happen in matter of a year and when you have someone willing to pay you that much, or you stall on your current wages at the current amount for a year, I understand why he made the move. One club showing more determination and willing to give you a massive, life changing amount now rather than wait. Life-changing for family too and long term security. Although unlikely, who is to say he doesn't suffer a Fofana type injury and it changes a club's decision making an offer on him. And although United, do not hold same prestige, they still are a big, big name who are offering him a slot into their first team immediately. 

That being said, I was surprised when he made the move to United, however then I saw the wages..

The Guardiola regen need  ball playing  goalkeeper and if Clownlake will not buy this type player  his system inverted horizontical vertical from the goalkeeper playing center back ,right back you  will not do that with Sanchez.

Seems like we want to once again go the cheap route with any keeper we target. Just like we’ve done with the Calafiori/Veiga stuff and just like we look to be doing with the striker search.

It’s a risky strategy that will either make the club scouts look like fools or geniuses. We basically have to pray that we uncover more Palmer’s & Malo Gusto’s who develop fantastically once they come here for relatively low prices and little fanfare.

I’m not going to be one of those Chelsea fans that I see a lot of on Twitter and YT comments (and even on this forum) who are depressed that Arse and United are going for “big names” whilst we go for cheaper, “unknown” players. Mostly because I think 4 of our returning injured players who missed most of last season in Reece, Colwill, Lavia, and Nkunku can develop into superstars for us. Well, Reece already is. I also expect Nico Jackson and Caicedo will take big strides, too.

So would I like just 1 big, splashy name to come in this window? Yes. But I will be fine if we don’t.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

For Yoro it is a tough one though. He was only getting just under £350k per year which equivalates to less than £10k p/w. He obviously wants to go Real and yes he probably was pressurized by Lille into accepting it and could have waited for a season, however anything could happen in matter of a year and when you have someone willing to pay you that much, or you stall on your current wages at the current amount for a year, I understand why he made the move. One club showing more determination and willing to give you a massive, life changing amount now rather than wait. Life-changing for family too and long term security. Although unlikely, who is to say he doesn't suffer a Fofana type injury and it changes a club's decision making an offer on him. And although United, do not hold same prestige, they still are a big, big name who are offering him a slot into their first team immediately. 

That being said, I was surprised when he made the move to United, however then I saw the wages..

yes, the wages are millions, but not crazy high at all (for top footballers)

£113.5K PW base, with a possible additional max of £36.5K PW based off performance and results

Edited by Vesper

Arsenal, Bologna and Riccardo Calafiori - why is it not done?

For some time we've known that Arsenal are after Riccardo Calafiori, and while things looked like they were moving quickly at one stage, it's not over the line yet. Calafiori has an agreement with Arsenal, but the clubs have not yet reached an agreement. Basically, Bologna want want a fixed fee of €50m with bonuses on top of that. Arsenal want to do the deal for less money. They are currently suggesting a deal with a fixed fee of €45m with bonuses on top of that.

One of the key things to consider is that Basel have a percentage of the deal coming their way, so Bologna have to give some of the money from the sale to Basel. Arsenal are trying to discount the percentage that would go to Basel, but the negotiations are not advancing at the moment, they're completely at a standstill right now. The player is on standby waiting for them to solve the issue. Let's see what comes of it.

30 minutes ago, Nero said:

He's coming to Chelsea!!!!

It genuinely is pretty shocking that he’s been without a club for so long. He wasn’t awful in his final season at United. In fact he was actually pretty solid. Just that the few howlers he did have were so bad that they got so much attention.

Still a really good shot stopper probably but was poor with the ball at his feet. 

Excellent news that the club are leaking that we're going after a number 1 GK after all. I had the feeling from the moment he was appointed Maresca would need a different GK to any of our options but I guess he & the directors felt like it was the right thing for him to spend time with them and assess them in person instead of relying on footage. That is kind of fair and correct to the players, "everyone gets a fresh start with me" etc, so fair enough tbh.

The fees for top GKs have got pretty big now so idk where we will find the kind of value they're after while getting a clear upgrade on Sanchez tho.

Edit: maybe I misread the tweet? To me it reads as "the new signing will be expected to start the season as number 1" but maybe it is supposed to mean that Sanchez is still expected to start as no.1?

Edited by Mhsc

Crystal Palace seek £70m for Tottenham target Marc Guehi with Real Madrid also showing interest

Crystal Palace could see Marc Guehi depart the club this summer as several clubs, which includes Tottenham, have an eye on the England international.

The centre-back started for the Three Lions at Euro 2024 this summer and was one of the only players within Gareth Southgate’s squad that came away from the tournament with credit in the bank.

The Crystal Palace star put in some brilliant performances for England and it is even more impressive considering he missed a lot of the 2023/24 campaign through injury.

Guehi has attracted the interest of several clubs over the past year and according to Sky Sports, they include Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Juventus, Newcastle, and Tottenham.

The Englishman has a contract at Selhurst Park until 2026 and therefore, Crystal Palace will seek £70m to part ways with their star defender during the current transfer window – similar to Everton’s valuation of Jarrad Branthwaite.

The London club will not want to lose another one of their best players ahead of the new season having already lost Michael Olise to Bayern Munich, which could make obtaining Guehi very difficult for interested parties.

Do Tottenham need Crystal Palace’s Marc Guehi?

Guehi has been with Crystal Palace since moving from Chelsea in 2021 and has developed into one of the best centre-backs in the Premier League.

It is not hard to see why clubs such as Tottenham are interested in the England international but do Spurs really need the player? Ange Postecoglou plays with only two central defenders and the Aussie coach already has Micky van de Ven and Cristian Romero as his starters. Spurs even have a solid backup in Radu Dragusin.

£70m is a lot to pay for Guehi if he is going to be rotated and the England star will not want that role.

It is hard to see the defender making a move to North London this summer but many other clubs are showing an interest in the 24-year-old, as it remains to be seen if Crystal Palace are open to letting him go.

32 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It genuinely is pretty shocking that he’s been without a club for so long. He wasn’t awful in his final season at United. In fact he was actually pretty solid. Just that the few howlers he did have were so bad that they got so much attention.

Still a really good shot stopper probably but was poor with the ball at his feet. 

yes, I would have guessed the Saudis or MLS im the US would have snapped him up

46 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Excellent news that the club are leaking that we're going after a number 1 GK after all. I had the feeling from the moment he was appointed Maresca would need a different GK to any of our options but I guess he & the directors felt like it was the right thing for him to spend time with them and assess them in person instead of relying on footage. That is kind of fair and correct to the players, "everyone gets a fresh start with me" etc, so fair enough tbh.

The fees for top GKs have got pretty big now so idk where we will find the kind of value they're after while getting a clear upgrade on Sanchez tho.

Edit: maybe I misread the tweet? To me it reads as "the new signing will be expected to start the season as number 1" but maybe it is supposed to mean that Sanchez is still expected to start as no.1?

Let me translate, they want a goalkeeper as back up for Sanchez, because there is no market for him to get sold as he is a complete flush and Petrovic is easier to sell. My guess is they want a No.1 gk but Petrovic is easier to get rid.

Mamadarshvili is there to get for relatively cheap and arguably a world class goalkeeper but these clowns want to search some of the dumbest profile possible.

Edited by TheHulk

39 minutes ago, mkh said:

Racing Strasbourg are in advanced discussions with Chelsea for the return of Andrey Santos on loan. 

@Direct__Racing

Ideally I would definitely keep him here but it’s probably much more beneficial for him to be playing week in and week out rather than riding our bench.

Perhaps it signals that Gallagher is going to stay after all.