Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 hours ago, mkh said:

Enzo Maresca has advised new Chelsea signing Marc Guiu to join Espanyol on loan for the season. (via @esport3)

Knew all that first team talk was just to get his signature and now send him on loan to turn a profit. We are still in need of a striker in the squad. 

17 hours ago, mkh said:

Chelsea have inquired about Lens striker Elye Wahi, but they have not yet made an offer and want to know the price.

(@Tanziloic & @lequipe)

🙂↕️🙉

There were a couple of allegations of violence against him. One of them when he was 15 and the other when he was a little older. 

I cannot believe Manure stole a march on Real like that, especially considering Yoro saying for a long time that his dream of dream club was Real

and all he had to do was wait and go there on a free (so major signing bonus for him) in 11 months (he will only be 19yo then!!!)

It is the first wrong call I have made in ages in terms of who Real would pull

I do not remember the last time they failed in a transfer they truly wanted, one who then left for another club (Mbpappe they got, they just had to wait)

and they need CBs BADLY, its their big weak spot, that and fullbacks

they only have one truly healthy good CB atm, Rudiger, and he turns 32yo in spring

Alaba is still out for a long spell (maybe until winter) with a massive knee injury and is almost 9 months older than Rudiger

and Militao is back but not at all fully right yet, he barely played in the CL (12 minutes the entire competition) and was very poor for Brasil in the Copa America

Vallejo is garbage, worth less than 1 million quid, and will surely be dumped, was terrible for them when he played, and missed most of all of last season on loan with a horrid leg break and then major depression for the last 6 months

7b88483c9797fba22d28825315b9d20a.png

I would be in absolute full panic mode if we swapped all our CBs for all of theirs, and all of you know how unhappy I am with most of our current CBs

Edited by Vesper

Just now, Vesper said:

I cannot believe Manure stole a march on Real like that, especially considering Yoro saying for a long time that his dream of dream club was Real

and all he had to do was wait and go there on a free (so major signing bonus for him) in 11 months (he will only be 19yo then!!!)

It is the first wrong call I have made in ages in terms of who Real would pull

I do not rmember the last time they failed ina transfer they wanted who then left for anothe rclub (Mbpappe they got, they just had to wait)

and they need CBs BADLY, its their big weak spot, that and fullbacks

they only have one truly healthy good CB atm, Rudiger, and he turns 32yo in spring

Alaba is still out for a long spell (maybe until winter) with a massive knee injury and is almost 9 months older than Rudiger

and Militao is back but not at all fully right yet, he barely played in the CL (12 minutes the entire competition) and was very poor for Brasil in the Copa America

Vallejo is garbage, worth less than 1 million quid, and will surely be dumped, was terrible for them when he played, and missed most of all of last season on loan with a horrid leg break and then major depression for the last 6 months

7b88483c9797fba22d28825315b9d20a.png

I would be in absolute full panic mode if we swapped all our CBs for all of theirs, and all of you know how unhappy I am with most of our current CBs

Man U stole a march by wildly overpaying for an 18 year old. Madrid will go back to the market and find a favorable deal. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Man U stole a march by wildly overpaying for an 18 year old. Madrid will go back to the market and find a favorable deal. 

only time will tell if they overpaid

if Yoro turns out to be a generational CB talent, then they did the right thing

this is every young (not yet 23yo) CB on the planet in terms of a valuation £27m and up atm

in order:

Leny Yoro 
Levi Colwill 
António Silva  (surely Real Madrid have to be looking at him HARD)
Giorgio Scalvini (out until January 2025 injured, so off the table)
Riccardo Calafiori (pretty shocked Real did not at least try for him)
Gonçalo Inácio 
Jarrad Branthwaite 
Piero Hincapié 
Ousmane Diomande 
Castello Lukeba  
Willian Pacho  
Murillo

I so hope we give our lad Bashir Humphreys a good hard look at CB in preseason.

21yo, basically ambipedal, decent size (1.87m), great pace, can play fullback as well

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/who-is-bashir-humphreys-where-can-he-play-and-when-did-he-sign-for-Chelsea

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

only time will tell if they overpaid

if Yoro turns out to be a generational CB talent, then they did the right thing

this is every young (not yet 23yo) CB on the planet in terms of a valuation £27m and up atm

in order:

Leny Yoro 
Levi Colwill 
António Silva  (surely Real Madrid have to be looking at him HARD)
Giorgio Scalvini (out until January 2025 injured, so off the table)
Riccardo Calafiori (pretty shocked Real did not at least try for him)
Gonçalo Inácio 
Jarrad Branthwaite 
Piero Hincapié 
Ousmane Diomande 
Castello Lukeba  
Willian Pacho  
Murillo

Do you rate Murillo so high? There are still reports linking Chelsea to him 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Do you rate Murillo so high? There are still reports linking Chelsea to him 

Those were not my ratings.

Those are valuations.

Murillo seems a crazy good ball playing CB (best on that little list), but watching him last season I found him to be a bit suspect defensively. He also is a bit on the short side (1.84) so he might be vulnerable in the air.

Would I prefer him to Disasi? Yes, but he is a left footer, and Disasi a righty. Over Badiashile? That's lefty v lefty. Close, but maybe yes.

Would massively have preferred Riccardo Calafiori. 😞

52 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Stole a march?   There are reports coming out of Spain and France that Lille told Yoro that he wouldn't be playing any football next season if he didn't agree to the United transfer as they were offered almost double of what Real Madrid were keen on paying for a player with 1 year left. 

If he is as good as people are claiming, he'll be playing for a top european side by the age of 20/21.  

Edited by Reddish-Blue
more info

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I so hope we give our lad Bashir Humphreys a good hard look at CB in preseason.

21yo, basically ambipedal, decent size (1.87m), great pace, can play fullback as well

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/who-is-bashir-humphreys-where-can-he-play-and-when-did-he-sign-for-Chelsea

I know loans are always tricky, but Humphreys was dropped to the bench in f*n Swansea last season, and their fans were saying he is not good.

47 minutes ago, Strike said:

The deal is not back-breakingly massive

£52m in transfer fee + £7m in possible (some are apparently a bit hard to achieve, have not seen the full details) potential add-ons

weekly salary of £113.5K PW with possible performance-based add-ons that max out at £36.5K PW

For an already massively injured (before we bought him, and now since) Wesley Fofana, we paid £70m in straight fees, plus £5m in add-ons

and we are paying him £200K PW (some sources say he can earn up to £230K PW)

I would swap deals and players IN A BLOODY HEARTBEAT

10 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

I know loans are always tricky, but Humphreys was dropped to the bench in f*n Swansea last season, and their fans were saying he is not good.

well, giving him a hard look costs us nothing extra

and one of my BFFs at A levels (she was originally from Cardiff) said never trust the Welsh judgement on anything, LOLOL (the plonkers voted Leave after all, for one thing)

lol, we are being linked with Manure flop (and a player who turns 30yo in 17 months) Andreas Pereira

only 28 goals in 317 games in his entire topflight career (10 seasons now) for club and country

Cole scored 28 goals just this one season for club and country

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

well, giving him a hard look costs us nothing extra

and one of my BFFs at A levels (she was originally from Cardiff) said never trust the Welsh judgement on anything, LOLOL (the plonkers voted Leave after all, for one thing)

Sure, Humphreys looked very good last preseason (some were saying he looked better than Colwill), no harm in giving him a look

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

lol, we are being linked with Manure flop (and a player who turns 30yo in 17 months) Andreas Pereira

only 28 goals in 317 games in his entire topflight career (10 seasons now) for club and country

Cole scored 28 goals just this one season for club and country

We have like 9 MF's for 2.5 position (dependinng how often Maresca will put Palmer/Nkunku as 10/supporting striker), even with Gallagher departure do we need another MF? 

Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Gallagher, KDH, Ugochukwu, Santos, Chukwumueka, Casadei

IMHO if we sell Galla (and Enzo will make his amends) Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, KDH, one of Ugo/Santos a Chkwumueka is more than enough to cover midfield.

Edited by ulvhedin