Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

Lol,i don't think mount worth that much but I won't move mount. An ex youth player, playing regularly is a big plus for any team. Plus i love a no 10 that is offer energy and movement like mount

I was being sarcastic, no club on the planet would pay 102.5m euros for Mount. If one offered that we would be INSANE to not take it and buy Havertz tomorrow (with cash left over)

1 hour ago, shrenshah said:

Werner (53m), Havertz (75m), Onana/Cakir (25m), Chilwell (60m), Ake (40m)

Thats 253m in player buys....2003 window will be forgotten :P

Surely money wont be an issue if we sell our deadwood, sell Jorginho, utilize the Hazard and Morata money & let go of high wage backup players like Giroud, Willian and Pedro

Instead of Ake, since Sarri wants Jorginho so bad, lets ask for De Ligt in return :P:P:P

Just some fairy tale stuff...Even if we get just Werner and a good LB I will be extremely happy with the window

Just out of interest have you actually seen Cakir play? I ask as I see a lot of people list him as someone to buy but I am unsure how much they have actually seen him as he plays in the Turkish league. This doesn't mean he isn't good, but I just want to know whether people can actually verify with their own eyes he is good and not just looked at stats/YouTube (same goes for Rajkovic). 

As for Onana he is someone that looks decent and I have listed him in previous posts. However, he does come with some issues. First is the ACoN which means every two years you lose your GK for 3-5 weeks in the busiest part of the season. Second is that his distribution is poor. For that reason, I am starting to think there may be better options at £30m+. That said, with GK we have big problems because of Kepa's price/wages, so whilst I think a new GK is even more important than a new CB I am not sure we will get one other than possibly a Foster type older GK.  

Chilwell for me is overpriced and I actually prefer to continue with Alonso than buy him. I say this because whilst Alonso does have flaws, Chilwell also has serious flaws but just in different areas (although neither are good at defending with back to goal.) However, why Alonso edges it for me is that he is actually great at scoring and assisting which Chilwell is not. So, whilst Alonso can cost you goals, at least you know he will make up for this to an extent down the other end of the pitch. 

Ake for me is also not an answer. For me he is a category B player like all the defenders we currently have so shipping him in to replace AC/Zouma/Tomori won't really have any benefit. 

Agree on Werner and Harvetz, great players if we can great them. 

1 minute ago, jandomi10 said:

RnkfXuIB_x96.jpg

#Chelsea and #BayernMunich are in race for Kai #Havertz. Talks ongoing with #BayerLeverkusen, that ask €80M to sell him. #Blues have offered to him 5-years contract with a wages of €8M a year.

Didnt Leverkusen say no to 89M from RM the other day? Or was that just a bogus rumour?

29 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Just out of interest have you actually seen Cakir play? I ask as I see a lot of people list him as someone to buy but I am unsure how much they have actually seen him as he plays in the Turkish league. This doesn't mean he isn't good, but I just want to know whether people can actually verify with their own eyes he is good and not just looked at stats/YouTube (same goes for Rajkovic). 

As for Onana he is someone that looks decent and I have listed him in previous posts. However, he does come with some issues. First is the ACoN which means every two years you lose your GK for 3-5 weeks in the busiest part of the season. Second is that his distribution is poor. For that reason, I am starting to think there may be better options at £30m+. That said, with GK we have big problems because of Kepa's price/wages, so whilst I think a new GK is even more important than a new CB I am not sure we will get one other than possibly a Foster type older GK.  

Chilwell for me is overpriced and I actually prefer to continue with Alonso than buy him. I say this because whilst Alonso does have flaws, Chilwell also has serious flaws but just in different areas (although neither are good at defending with back to goal.) However, why Alonso edges it for me is that he is actually great at scoring and assisting which Chilwell is not. So, whilst Alonso can cost you goals, at least you know he will make up for this to an extent down the other end of the pitch. 

Ake for me is also not an answer. For me he is a category B player like all the defenders we currently have so shipping him in to replace AC/Zouma/Tomori won't really have any benefit. 

Agree on Werner and Harvetz, great players if we can great them. 

Havent seen Cakir play tbh, but have seen scouting reports (Along with videos) which suggests he could be a very good no2 to push Kepa...Onana seems great but completely with you on the Afcon bit...Considering the ambition our club is showing, we should go for Donarumma or Oblak maybe after a year or 2.

Chilwell would be a long term solution whereas Alonso is probably has max a year on the top level...Ideal buy at LB would be Telles if the board and Lampard are looking in that direction but seems they like Chilwell. One Leicester player who interests me more is Soyuncu who similar to Cakir is Turkish and 24 yrs old (Could be a good combo).

If we can ship Zouma for 25m and get Ake for 40m then ill be very happy, Ake can also cover at LB and is upper Cat B player probably. We do need a leader like VVD or Terry but dont think there is anyone available of that sort other than Koulibaly who turns 29 (so no). This should be addressed but can probably done next year when someone relevant is available to partner Ake/Rudiger.

59 minutes ago, jandomi10 said:

RnkfXuIB_x96.jpg

#Chelsea and #BayernMunich are in race for Kai #Havertz. Talks ongoing with #BayerLeverkusen, that ask €80M to sell him. #Blues have offered to him 5-years contract with a wages of €8M a year.

Lets beat these cunts again for another player. They will hate us even more!

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Pulisic has had numerous niggly muscular injuries (even before joining Chelsea), CHO has had similar this season following his major injury last season (and hasn't really shown yet that he has fully recovered from it) and we've no idea how long it might take RLC to recover from a year out (and he has an extensive list of prior injuries and back problems). And if that list is what we have come season start, 3 of them will be new players coming into the league and we've no idea yet if they'll need time to adapt (think Pulisic taking time to gain Lampard's trust).

I think the number is fine personally. You'll always have players injured/suspended/need resting and I think that will be even more of an issue next season in what is almost certainly going to be a full season condensed into a smaller calendar. Lampard wants his attackers to press aggressively and he'll need the options to rotate and keep players fresh. 

With 7 subs too (they may even go with 9 subs again next season, if they feel it's beneficial for keeping teams and players fresh) you can likely fit minimum 7 of those options into the match day squad. If they stick with the 9 subs, all of them could fit in.

To have enough game time for 8 attacker imo is extremely difficult. That is 8 for 4/3 positions. If we are talking about fringe player, old or youth sure no problem. But the majority of them are young and upcoming player who definitely hungry for game time. In perfect world you want constant rotation but that only work in fm. In reality team does not rotate that much. Soon you will have plenty of unhappy players. 

I think only city has 8 established attackers but they play with 5 attackers. 

8 minutes ago, communicate said:

To have enough game time for 8 attacker imo is extremely difficult. That is 8 for 4/3 positions. If we are talking about fringe player, old or youth sure no problem. But the majority of them are young and upcoming player who definitely hungry for game time. In perfect world you want constant rotation but that only work in fm. In reality team does not rotate that much. Soon you will have plenty of unhappy players. 

I think only city has 8 established attackers but they play with 5 attackers. 

Players will need managing better than ever. Clubs will be playing a season and a quarter into a condensed calendar, followed by the Euros next summer, another full season and then I still don't know how they are looking to fit the World Cup 2022 in during the winter. I guess this means the 2022/23 season will need to be started early and/or finished late to compensate this. There will essentially be 2 - 3 full years of football with barely any break and as I mentioned, some of those players have a track record of injuries throughout a season. I think a better squad is more necessary than usual during this time.

Former West Ham midfielder Don Hutchison thinks Lampard should try to sign Ajax left-back Nicolas Tagliafico instead of Ben Chilwell. "Tagliafico all day long," #CFC

Hutchinson: "I look around Europe and I see loads of left-backs that are really good, if not better (than Chilwell). I see [Marvin] Plattenhardt, I see Philipp Max."

Hutchinson: "I think Tagliafico is the best one out there at Ajax, I think he's terrific and I don't think he will cost anywhere near £80m, half the money I would imagine. So he would get my pick, the Argentinian." #CFC