Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

We must get involved with Mbappe.
Or are we happy to look forward to 4th-3d place ?

What should we offer him? CEO position? Blackmail him? Both? He is going to Real (and give them a hard time) or nowhere.

If we pay £100m or more for Caicedo, I am walking.

Fooybal is killing me atm. My Swedish side, AIK, who have more topflight seasons than any other Swedish club, are 2nd to last, just 2 points above bottom of the table at halfway point of the seaon. ONE win.

We are in huge danger of being relegated (and our stadium is the biggest in Scandinavia, a 50 thousand seat 2013-built monster with a retractable roof, and where the Swedish National mens team plays, it is where Zlatan scored the goal of the century verus England,  the overhead bicyle kixk from 40, 45 metres out or so).

Relegation may cause bankruptcy for what was just a few years back the richest club in all the Nordics. Insane shit transfers and managers, plus held onto ageing heroes FAR too long.

Sound familiar?

3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I always wondered what these "pushing" status updates actually mean. How does a club push?`🤣

I mean I know the answer, its clickbait, but I still find it interesting.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Ten Hag had a falling out with him at Ajax I think.

Either way I'd be gutted if he goes to a rival and we end up with another season of Kepa, I may be in the minority but I really rate him (and an avid serie A Milan supporter friend I have has validated my view).

Onana seems to have some disciplinary issues (he fell out with Song during the WC too), so that wouldn't surprise me. However, his drug ban might have contributed to his issues with Ten Hag while they were in Ajax.

I think you might have to get used to Kepa for at least another 12 months, unless he gets injured. If we do end up missing out on Onana, I wouldn't be too worried, tbh. His performances at last year's AFCON summed him up quite well. Maignan is the only keeper we're interested in that ticks the boxes. However, I don't think he's keen to join, if rumours are to be believed. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Am I the only one to consider Caicedo massively overrated? 

Alas, full steam ahead into the Brighton trap again. Some ppl just never learn. 

I wouldn't say he's massively overrated, but the hype and supposed eagerness to sign him are a bit much, IMO. We should put a sizeable offer in and, were it to be rejected, move on before it costs us dearly.

8 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

We must get involved with Mbappe.
Or are we happy to look forward to 4th-3d place ?

We cannot afford him, come on!!

We have no CL, might not for several years, come on!!

The bloke is in PURE PRIME ATM for the next 5 seaons, 24-29yo. He is isn't going to fuck about thos years (at least 2 to 4 of them) with the shitshow that is  broken project Chels! COME ON!!

THIS IS NOT 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Fooybal is killing me atm. My Swedish side, AIK, who have more topflight seasons than any other Swedish club, are 2nd to last, just 2 points above bottom of the table at halfway point of the seaon. ONE win.

We are in huge danger of being relegated (and our stadium is the biggest in Scandinavia, a 50 thousand seat 2013-built monster with a retractable roof, and where the Swedish National mens team plays, it is where Zlatan scored the goal of the century verus England,  the overhead bicyle kixk from 40, 45 metres out or so).

Relegation may cause bankruptcy for what was just a few years back the richest club in all the Nordics. Insane shit transfers and managers, plus held onto ageing heroes FAR too long.

Sound familiar?

The clubs economy is kind of good tbh. We have about €8m in recievables coming in from transfers in the past so we would be fine 1-2 years in Superettan.

But im positive the club will manage this. 
I know the club is talking to Henning Berg as new manager so things are cooking. 

And behind the scenes… the board and sporting director is having a rough time from us supporters who are a little bit more.. hardcore than the average 🙃. I can assure you that they either fix this or pay for it.. 

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Sound familiar?

70-100m would already be an obscene amount to pay for a 21yo esp considering what Liverpool paid for Mac Allister.

Recently went through that with Gremio in Brazil. They managed to drop being the 4th or 5th spenders (in wages) in the 2021 Brasileiro. They had Douglas Costa and a number of known names in their roster. Lazy team could not run nor press high -- got overrun by the smaller sides.

Perhaps not the case for AIK, but in Brazil these club ownerships are toxic. Often absolute quacks get to leadership positions, using the club for political gain, or whatnot. They've got immediately promoted back (last year) and have much better leadership this time, Luis Suarez is the striker (and playing very well actually!) and they are doing much better, but the same, or different quacks are always lying in wait.

The interesting thing about relegation is that much of the leadership dross vanishes immediately. They don't really care that much for the club, so there is little to gain by sticking around. There is definitely a cleansing aspect to dropping. The important thing is to get promoted right back, so not to lose the moneys.

It's the nature of sports... can't get too upset about it. I've come to consider that, even when things are bad, it's still "entertainment"... like it is still useful to take your mind away from things that are far more important.

1 minute ago, Costa19 said:

The clubs economy is kind of good tbh. We have about €8m in recievables coming in from transfers in the past so we would be fine 1-2 years in Superettan.

But im positive the club will manage this. 
I know the club is talking to Henning Berg as new manager so things are cooking. 

And behind the scenes… the board and sporting director is having a rough time from us supporters who are a little bit more.. hardcore than the average 🙃. I can assure you that they either fix this or pay for it.. 

I hope so, I am depressed atm

Many of our friends are fucking järnkaminerna and bajare (especially Bajen as we live in Knivsöder, ffs, arff, some of the old drunks at a large pub here down the street have tossed beer and drinks at us if we have on any AIK clobber on game days, my wife punched one of the old cunts in the face a couple of summers back and it got super argy bargy, as he and a couple others also made anti lesbisk slurs besides tossing cups of shit beer at us before she snapped), and it's not so fun when we go for a pint.

both my main teams tanking at same time

😓

40 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

120m? Lol gtfo

Won't be 120m or anywhere near I reckon. 

Brighton had a verbal agreement with Caicedo to allow him a move this summer and an easy transition. Charging 120m for him isn't an easy transition.