Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If Real are going this strong for Kai, we have to milk them. Perez and Carlo both want him badly so we should get more out of it than what we paid for him

Not happy to see him leave, such an elegant player. but not sad either. never really fitted and I think even in his preferred posiiton as no 10 he was never quite good enough.

He will forever be itched into our history tho. 3 players have scored in CL finals for us. Lampard - Drogba - Havertz

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

our academy it is so good that in some way its a problem for us

we have chilwell, cucu, hall and ian maatsen 

whats supost to do with 4 left backs?

we can't have 4 in our squad

the problem is that all are still very young 

jesus christ 

Chilwell has become injury prone.

Cucurella is fucking useless

Ian Maatsen I would rather get rid of, and bring in Rico Henry

Lewis Hall is terrific and definately keep and be first choice

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

If we sell Havertz he is going to reach KDB and Salah level and we are going to regret it. Book it.

Maybe. But

a) we are not selling him to Wolfsburg or Rome, so the probabililty he will haunt us in PL is a bit lower.

b) We got 3 decent year out of him and have a clearer picture of his abilities than with KDB and Salah who we only got to see bits of

c) he has had ample chance to develop here and at almost 24 is much further ahead in his development than kdb and salah were, his ceiling is more predictable

d) Salah and Kdb would never have become they players they are now here

5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

If we sell Havertz he is going to reach KDB and Salah level and we are going to regret it. Book it.

Doubt we will get those levels out of him if he stays though

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

As long as he's not doing it for a direct PL rival I really couldn't care less. And if he were to be a success at RM the chances of him later being sold to another PL club are very slim.

He's had three years and 140 games to show what he's made of and he's had what, 10 good games and anonymous/shit for the other 130? It's clear he's not going to raise his game while playing at this club so might as well cut him loose and recoup as much money as we possibly can. 

Edited by Jype

8 minutes ago, Jype said:

As long as he's not doing it for a direct PL rival I really couldn't care less. And if he were to be a success at RM the chances of him later being sold to another PL club are very slim.

He's had three years and 140 games to show what he's made of and he's had what, 10 good games and anonymous/shit for the other 130? It's clear he's not going to raise his game while playing at this club so might as well cut him loose and recoup as much money as we possibly can. 

Who has over the past three years at Chelsea? We have purchased so many forwards and they all have underachieved. 

What the fuck does everyone see in Havertz that most of us can't. We have had the chore of having to watch him week in and week out for years and he has not once lived up to the hype, not even a little bit. There was a slight glimpse when we played Fulham I think it was, when he flicked the ball over the defenders head abd volleyed it and even that didn't go in. Imagine what the footballing World would do now if Bergkamp was playing... every club in Europe would be going ape shit for him. This guy isn't even fit enough to polish Bergkamps boots.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Kind of annoying that we’re seeing moves quickly materializing for players a lot of our fans actually like but we’re seeing zero movement whatsoever for the likes of Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO etc who everyone wants out of the club.

That's the bit that annoys me.

The club is just looking at the easiest  and quickest options to make cash.

That sort of thinking is exactly what got us into the managerial mess of last season.

If these fools don't have ready replacements lined up, they would have pulled the rug out from Poch's feet before he even starts. 

I don’t think any of the players we’re going to sell will make us depressed in the years ahead that we let them go like Salah or De Bruyne. Kova, Havertz, and Mount are all very good players who I’m sure will be solid for their new clubs but I don’t think any of them will suddenly reach this superstar level that we never saw in a Chelsea shirt.

We’ve seen top form Mount and top form Kova here many times. And while those levels were very high I don’t think they’ll be that difficult to replace. Mase isn’t going to turn into a 20 goal per season player at Man United and Kova isn’t going to learn how to shoot at City at the age of 30.

Havertz is the only one out of the massive list of players we’ll let go that could come back to sting a bit, imo. If he ever realizes his true potential he can become a beast. But I don’t think he’ll reach truly “my God, I can’t be,I eve we sold him” status.

5 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

I do not see this anywhere on Bild at all.

But I do see Romano saying talks havent even started yet (but will soon)

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball-international/real-madrid-mega-deal-um-dfb-star-kurz-vor-abschluss-er-kommt-wohl-84177222.bild.html

This is the article they are referring to

3 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Mount next.

Madrid replacing Benzema with Havertz. Crazy. They’d of been better getting Raul out of retirement 🤣

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

No he’s not. Jesus christ. He’s been here 3 seasons and looks more like a better Marko Marin than being anywhere close to the likes of KBD or Salah levels

2 hours ago, whats happening said:

crazy if we let havertz go for less than 80-90m pounds

Wont get that for him. £50-60m is about right based on what we paid - and its more than he’s worth at this moment in timw. He is shocking. Once in a generational talent they were shouting too. Good riddance.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

What the fuck does everyone see in Havertz that most of us can't. We have had the chore of having to watch him week in and week out for years and he has not once lived up to the hype, not even a little bit. There was a slight glimpse when we played Fulham I think it was, when he flicked the ball over the defenders head abd volleyed it and even that didn't go in. Imagine what the footballing World would do now if Bergkamp was playing... every club in Europe would be going ape shit for him. This guy isn't even fit enough to polish Bergkamps boots.

That was against Palace away I believe. Pretty much sums Havertz up. He's a player capable of producing moments of amazing technique.... once or twice per season. And that's what they are, moments. We need this technique in his general play whether it be dribbling, creative passing, ball retention in general over the whole 90 minutes, week in week out. I could forgive the lack of goals/creativity if he did atleast that.

3 hours ago, JDY said:

I like Mount as a player but if we get over £50m each for him and Havertz it has to be the biggest heist since we sold Oscar to China surely?

I would say since Morata to Atleti for 58m in 2019.

4 hours ago, lucio said:

Maddison shits on mount. Much more creative but I wouldn’t spend too much on him 

A very talented player on the ball but seems to go missing in big games, a bit slow and weak to be in an elite club midfield every week.

24 minutes ago, JDY said:

That was against Palace away I believe. Pretty much sums Havertz up. He's a player capable of producing moments of amazing technique.... once or twice per season. And that's what they are, moments. We need this technique in his general play whether it be dribbling, creative passing, ball retention in general over the whole 90 minutes, week in week out. I could forgive the lack of goals/creativity if he did atleast that.

The winning goal vs Newcastle from a Jorgi pass. Heavenly touch and finish. Thought his close control and touch would have helped him be comfortably better than the other attackers bought alongside him - Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech. But aside from the CL knockout run, it is tough to pick out another month he consistently played well.